Well, Ol' Leather Lungs took his last breath Sunday. What a career he had and how many lives he touched. Whether you are in Heaven or Hell, we know you are rockin' it out, man! Thanks for the music Ronnie James Dio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8aLxeeCF_s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ousN_2Pi3w&feature=related

Very sad on this end I had Dio back patch back when I was a shorty

Still got my Last in Line shirt. Now my girlfriend gets to wear it. Holy Diver is the shitt, dude. I was so happy when I finally got it on vinyl. Now I have to get it again 25 years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoLVwUf-eoE&feature=related

Dio had a great cover in Hit Parader years back where they had this huge demon looking thing with the hands crossed over it's chest giving the IooI sign with the fingers. But in the picture, you could see someone was behind it holding it up, or hangin out because their fingers were visible on the demon things shoulders! lol It was a helluva laugh! RIP Dio, your songs were sung around many a kegger!

I thought about giving him a memorial yesterday here but figured since its not cannabis related i might catch some flak.

I first saw Ronnie on the heaven and hell tour at the toledo sports arena in ohio it was oct 4th 1980 great show loved his rendition of the sabbath mainstays then again at pine knob with his band Dio with Viv Campbell on guitar and dee snider and twisted sister as the support group then again in 84 with Dokken supporting back at the sports arena .

I cried like a baby when i heard and did an all night rainbow dio sabbath then heaven and hell memoriam all last night.

Dio was a great metal ambassador and one of metals greatests voices and will be sorely missed by all that loved and admired his talents.

Guest finallyfree09

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio.

i am sooooooo depressed today. I haven't been this depressed since that a$$hole shot dime.

My favorite Dio was just a small part in a Tenacious D song called Kickapoo. A story of a boy, oppressed by his heavily christian parents then told by one of the gods of rock, DIO, to go west and find his counterpart to create the awesome band Tenacious D. NOW GO MY SON AND ROOOOOOOOOOOCK !! R.I.P. Dio. you will be missed

• 1 month later...

It was a very sad day when I heard the news. I don't think any other artists death has effected me so much. Randy Rhodes Stevie Ray Vaughn, Ray Charles and Brad Delp were all comparable, but Ronnie's death really shook me. The man was a legend in every way possible. His concerts were unbelievable in whatever incarnation he was in at the time. The 1991 Black Sabbath "Dehumanizer" show at the State Theatre in Kzoo was amazing as were both Sacred Heart shows in Gr. Rapids and Kzoo with differant guitarists when Vivian left in the middle of tour, the Lock up the Wolves show in Battle Creek, both Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules tours. So many memories..... R.I.P. You were a major part of my musical journey, from Elf to Rainbow,Sabbath, Dio, and Heavan and Hell. Thank you for the memories. Your voice will live on forever. I just wish I had seen him in his last incarnation of Heaven and Hell. I passed it up thinking I would make this next tour. A regret I will live with the rest of my life.

• 1 year later...

Archived