Thought Id Share This! L@@k

Roll one, eat some or Vape some! This is a fun lil video, Hang on for the ride!

This is a 105yr old 35mm home video of sanfransico!

cannabiss was legal than? I think, if it wasnt these people didnt care!

pic.gif

I hope you enjoy as much as I did after medicating!

Free the Weed!

Peace!

Jim

http://www.youtube.c...p?v=NINOxRxze9k

This is a lil true info about the film!

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE LIKE THIS NOW???????This is a fascinating movie. A camera on the front of a street car 104 years ago. Look at the hats worn by the men and the ladies and the long dresses. Some of the cars had the steering wheels on the right side. a lot of horse drawn vehicles in use. Mass transit looked like the way to get around. Looks like everybody had the right of way.

Perhaps the oldest “home movie” that you will ever see!

104 YEAR OLD FILM CLIP

It was the first KODAK 35mm film ever.

Champion Spark Plug Co. was 3 years old - and used in most of the cars.

4 days before the Great California Earthquake of April 18th 1906 !

"you are there" for a cable car ride in San Francisco "

This film was "lost" for many years. It was taken by camera mounted on the front of a cable car.

The number of automobiles is staggering for 1906. Absolutely amazing! The clock tower at the end of Market Street at the Embarcadero wharf is still there. ... How many "street cleaning" people were employed to pick up after the horses? Talk about going green!

This film, originally thought to be from 1905 until David Kiehn with the Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum figured out exactly when it was shot. From New York trade papers announcing the film showing to the wet streets from recent heavy rainfall & shadows indicating time of year & actual weather and conditions on historical record, even when the cars were registered (he even knows who owned them and when the plates were issued!).. It was filmed only four days before the Great California Earthquake of April 18th 1906 and shipped by train to NY for processing. Amazing, but true!

San Fransisco!?

I haven't breezed across the Golden Gate, or hailed a Sausalito Sunrise in quite some time.

Like, about thirty YEARS . . . or so.

Give or take. : /

But, now that you mention it . . .

Still haven't had a chance to check out the video, but will do, after the landlord takes care of business, and the company is on their way . . .

FREE the WEED, eh?

And, good lookin' out with the Worthy Info! Thanks!

FREE the CURE!

Phaq,

Thanks for the post... GREAT film.

That was back before 'law enforcement' became a 'business'... before 'criminal justice' became involved in EVERY aspect of our lives and prisons became a 'private enterprise' with the 'company' paid for each 'inmate' tossed into a cell.

Thanks again for the reminder.

• 2 weeks later...

You really need all that room on the road for all that confusion and craziness... People weaving in and out walking, biking, driving, street cars.... Great find Phaque!! thanks for posting it!! That's a trip!!!

Even with how congested it is things moved along just fine. All this with no traffic signs or lights. Several towns in the EU have removed all signs and lights. People were forced to slow down at intersections because it was necessary to visually communicate who was going first. Reports are that accidents have "dropped dramatically" in those towns. So if safety is the goal then having less traffic control is better. However if making money for the state is the goal then by all means put up confusing traffic signs and lights everywhere so the state can write tickets and justify the need for more controlling cops on the street.

• 8 months later...

Haha, another dino poo thread brought back to life.

Thanks Jim, I missed this the 1st time around!

Both clips were great rides!

Whoooowee, I'm all hepped up now after watching

ol' Steve there. I forgot how much fun those movies

were. Thanks for that one IJ.

This one is 1973 with my shark pal Roy Scheider before he went fishing. In New York.

Thats a fun one!

I had a 77 nova rally sport! had a lot of fun with it,,,my first car was 68 firebird!

I kinda like looking at all the people and cars and buggys and the complete lack of directions and close calls in the 105 yr old one!

Peace

Jim

Archived