Trash Haulers Are Crime Stoppers Too

backpain57

stoppers too

Teaming up with police for "Waste Watch"

Updated: Thursday, 17 Jun 2010, 8:21 AM EDT

Published : Thursday, 17 Jun 2010, 8:21 AM EDT

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) - A new program dubbed "Waste Watch" is being launched Thursday in several Michigan cities, including metro Grand Rapids.

The idea is to have police train garbagemen how to look for criminal activity, such as methamphetamine labs or people in need of help.

Waste Management started the program several years ago. Officials say their employees become very familiar with what is normal along the routes; therefore, when something is suspicious, it is easier for them to spot and call police.

Waste Management crews around the country have saved people from burning buildings, rescued a drowning woman and reported suspicious activity to local police that helped bust an identity theft ring.

Officials say they have had positive results in cities where the program is underway.

Here is the TV 8 News LINK:http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/Waste-Watch-program

Then again, there are countless stories about postal workers, trash collectors, etc. saving old/sick people and doing genuine good.

If you don't put stuff in the trash you don't want someone to find, you won't have an issue as it relates to identify theft, flagging your grow location, and a whole variety of privacy issues.

Good to know what LEO is up to so we can stay one step ahead of them, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Then again, there are countless stories about postal workers, trash collectors, etc. saving old/sick people and doing genuine good.

If you don't put stuff in the trash you don't want someone to find, you won't have an issue as it relates to identify theft, flagging your grow location, and a whole variety of privacy issues.

Good to know what LEO is up to so we can stay one step ahead of them, but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

This. Its not the worst thing ever, Frankly I think its a smart choice for LEO, however I can see it becoming a easy way to harass and raid medical users and care givers as well. Its a double edged sword for sure. Again be smart, dispose of waste properly, old vegetation makes great compost as well a nice fire! ;)

This. Its not the worst thing ever, Frankly I think its a smart choice for LEO, however I can see it becoming a easy way to harass and raid medical users and care givers as well. Its a double edged sword for sure. Again be smart, dispose of waste properly, old vegetation makes great compost as well a nice fire! ;)

I thought about burning my wastes, but isn't smell an issue?

Do you have nosy neighbors? My friend has bonfires all the time with brush and left overs from his tree company so I always just stuck them in with that, we tend to smoke out around the bon fire anyways and never had an issue. But if you have nosy neighbors you may want to reconsider the options.

Surfing the youtoob and found some local vids posted from news channel 8 (wood tv? wotv?)

finding body parts and disposed needles is one thing, but finding a roach in the garbage stack?

Don't dump your labels or anything identifying you to cannabis, seeds stems, empty zig-zags (or randy wires), broken equipment... blah blah blah.

Have a bonfire and smoke out the neighborhood with your waste trim n stems (ok don't smoke them out but BURN the evidence)

recycle the broken bongs at waste managements main facility (large dumpsters for glass plastic n paper you can anonymously use) or to the local county dump after smashing to millions of pieces.

left over seeds? give them away to other patients or caregivers. or just munch em.... kinda like little popcorn.

dude I smoke my meds on my porch! I dont give a ratts donkey who smells or sees me(accept for children) There is no waiste in weed. after you take what you need from it burn it! plain and simple, I dont know about you but I never put anything in the trash I dont want some one to find, It is no dif now that im legal!:rolleyes:

Free the Weed!

Peace!

Jim

Surfing the youtoob and found some local vids posted from news channel 8 (wood tv? wotv?)

finding body parts and disposed needles is one thing, but finding a roach in the garbage stack?

Don't dump your labels or anything identifying you to cannabis, seeds stems, empty zig-zags (or randy wires), broken equipment... blah blah blah.

Have a bonfire and smoke out the neighborhood with your waste trim n stems (ok don't smoke them out but BURN the evidence)

recycle the broken bongs at waste managements main facility (large dumpsters for glass plastic n paper you can anonymously use) or to the local county dump after smashing to millions of pieces.

left over seeds? give them away to other patients or caregivers. or just munch em.... kinda like little popcorn.

I agree with everything you said, except the seeds!

Plant them, plant them every where!

Free the Weed!

Jim

I agree with everything you said, except the seeds!

Plant them, plant them every where!

Free the Weed!

Jim

Ok yeah you shouldn't munch them, but there are many of needy souls out there who might need a head start on obtaining some seeds.

And random roadside pitching on a deserted dirt road is a lot of fun but I have never found one bush growing anywhere.

Archived