Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

working on it now. getting the r.o. water flowing.

half of the clones are coming from the budget rockwool and the other half are coming from an aerocloner.

something should be said about the third dimension........ this is NOT a high yielding strain, but it gets very tall and i think that in this instance i may be able to squeeze 2 of them and bend them over in an effort to help us hit 1000 grams. great smoke. no wait......... GREAT MEDS!!! just not a high yielding plant.

anyways, we are getting ready:

med_gallery_13801_60_1598312.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_1686227.jpg

gonna give the growco a free plug here too on a couple of the specialty items to help get us there:

http://www.4hydropon...No=largeMeshPot

http://www.4hydropon...temNo=cgairpump the #5 pump

http://www.4hydropon...o=blueAirstones

of course when using the mesh pot bucket lids:

largeMeshPots.gif

(i use the 6") there is no transplanting. when you start in this lid/pot combo. you finish in this lid/pot combo. there is no starting small and then expanding. start big, go big, finish big.

one added feature is plant stability. we gonna need some serious stability :)

the #5 commercial air pump comes with an 8-outlet splitter, but i am going to break it off even further and make it power 8 five gallon buckets PLUS a 10 gallon tote as well.

the veg room is going to be a 4x5.5 panda film room with 2-400w MH lamps. it will have a tiny 75cfm exhaust fan, but a very powerful oscillating fan inside to keep things blowing. the free-air intake will be through a 4" PVC elbow painted flat black on the inside.

This is too much fun! Thanks for the good wishes, and I will keep you posted, shirley.

The first pic is one of my little girls, just started bubbling at about five o'clock today. I'm following the recipe as best I can. She's about 3 weeks old from seed. I'm thinking Sativa from the narrrow leaves. She was a gift from a friend, and I'm not really sure of the strain. He's been in Sturgis for the last ten days, so I have to catch up with him.

The second pic is mystery seed. Just something I got a long, long time ago. It was awesome smoke, and I was surprised that there were a few seeds. I germinated them and sprouted two plants. Still don't know if they're boys or girls. One onteresting thing about them is the red stems. Anyone know about red stems?

The dark lines in the pictures showed up when I got close with my camera. Made me feel like I was smokin' something.

This is too much fun!

Grow on!

Toad

So i would only get 25 grams ?

My last Harvest was 4.95 Oz per Plant ....

You get what you get. At 25 watts per square foot of light that seems like a good yield. Most people say you should shoot for 50W/sq ft at least. Meaning you could double the wattage in your grow space and just be hitting the recommended light level.

i figure its roughly going to be a 30 day veg. to be honest it is more going to depend on space than time. when they outgrow the veg room, they outgrow the veg room :)

but im thinking 30 days in veg at MAX.

the 3D is a 45-50 day strain and the bubbledick is a 55-60 day strain............. so im figuring a round-about harvest day of november 1st for the 2 "little" 3D plants and november 15th for the bubbledick.

a month to cure and this will be my "KILOGRAMS FOR CHRISTMAS" gift to my patients :)

2.2 pounds bakes a lot of x-mas cookies.

This is too much fun! Thanks for the good wishes, and I will keep you posted, shirley.

The first pic is one of my little girls, just started bubbling at about five o'clock today. I'm following the recipe as best I can. She's about 3 weeks old from seed. I'm thinking Sativa from the narrrow leaves. She was a gift from a friend, and I'm not really sure of the strain. He's been in Sturgis for the last ten days, so I have to catch up with him.

The second pic is mystery seed. Just something I got a long, long time ago. It was awesome smoke, and I was surprised that there were a few seeds. I germinated them and sprouted two plants. Still don't know if they're boys or girls. One onteresting thing about them is the red stems. Anyone know about red stems?

The dark lines in the pictures showed up when I got close with my camera. Made me feel like I was smokin' something.

This is too much fun!

Grow on!

Toad

no need to worry about the red stems. just sit back and watch 'em grow :) lookin good.

ill keep my fingers crossed that you get one monster female :):sword: :sword: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

how old is she mezz?

68 days from popping out of the soil. Sour Bubble takes a while to get going under any circumstances. The first month it's like WTF, but then it starts getting massive. Also, everything got a little burned and slowed down early on. It's had to deal with leaf curl due to high temps and an unfortunate overfertilization but it's come back strong. It has been topped and had lower branches cloned. It's grown noticeably since earlier. :blink:

that pic makes me smile :)

cant wait to see her finish up. she's got that :sword: :sword: BONZAI :sword: :sword: look about her

I thought it was going to be a male for sure because it was so much stretchier than some of the other Sour Bubbles. Certain other phenos are VERY compact. One is less than half this ones height. It seems to all go to the width of the stem on the short phenos. This one is special. I believe it is the sought after bx3. I was one of the last people to get a pack with both bx3 and bx4. From now on it's all bx4. It has a stronger smell too. These are phenomenal plants all around. What I can't wait for is to light up some of this stuff and find out what it tastes like. Supposed to be just mouth-watering.

ok, we have more exact info for the project:

the 4 x 5.5ft veg room will be lit with this 400w MH old school set-up:

med_gallery_13801_60_142760.jpg

and the lamp in there will be a new:

med_gallery_13801_60_2293652.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_1729199.jpg

and the 2nd 400w ballast is another old school ballast. and this one is a HPS ballast:

med_gallery_13801_60_214245.jpg

and we gonna use a real low budget-dug-it-outta-the-shed-reflector on this one:

med_gallery_13801_60_1077656.jpg

and obviously, since the 2nd ballast is a HPS ballast and we are looking for MH lighting, we are using a conversion lamp:

med_gallery_13801_60_195481.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_381044.jpg?t=35269215

I thought it was going to be a male for sure because it was so much stretchier than some of the other Sour Bubbles. Certain other phenos are VERY compact. One is less than half this ones height. It seems to all go to the width of the stem on the short phenos. This one is special. I believe it is the sought after bx3. I was one of the last people to get a pack with both bx3 and bx4. From now on it's all bx4. It has a stronger smell too. These are phenomenal plants all around. What I can't wait for is to light up some of this stuff and find out what it tastes like. Supposed to be just mouth-watering.

you gonna have to blow smoke in my direction :)

Day 18 of my first grow. Almost killed one nice plant. Germinated way too many seeds. Acquired some beautiful stock to work with. Wasted a whole bunch of nice prospects, but I'm gonna color inside the lines. Still crying... :notfair:

Day three in bubbles. First two days in half strength Lucas formula. Now at full strength. PH just below 6. The two plants that I chose for this first bubble box are coming back from lime green, No growth, but they look good. The up-take seems to be working. Oscillating fan going to build strong stems. I have materials to build two more boxes. Gonna let the sprouts go three weeks (that will be the 21st) in not dirt-dirt, then carefully, and under the most sterile conditions, excise the sprouts from their pots, rinse the roots in fresh water, and introduce them to clay stones and net baskets. By the time I finish my third box, the cost will be just about $25.00 each. That doesn't include nutrients and PH supplies, which have cost about $47.00 so far and will last for weeks. I have one nice young lady going into bloom on about September first. It should be two plants a week after that. I'm working on a tight budget, as I'm sure many of us are. This system that Bubblegrower has developed is amazing! I cannot thank him enough for his efforts!

I'm attempting to enhance the CO2 in my bloom space. On a budget! I'll share my results.

A wise man said to me today that "Marijuana is not addicting, but growing it is. You think about it all the time." He's right! I want to encourage those who have a hard time growing to seek out a good grower. Not everyone can make the commitment. Not everyone has the time. Not evryone has a green thumb. I don't want to discourage anyone, but I think that a good customer base supported by a good supplier base is a win/win situation. Give growing a try, but if it's not working you should find a good supplier. It helps keep the cost down and the meds available to those who need it at a reasonable price. And it gives your caregiver a chance to support their habit, which is more about gardening than anything else.

Enogh of my ranting. Grow on! Be well!

Toad

Day 18 of my first grow. Almost killed one nice plant. Germinated way too many seeds. Acquired some beautiful stock to work with. Wasted a whole bunch of nice prospects, but I'm gonna color inside the lines. Still crying... :notfair:

Day three in bubbles. First two days in half strength Lucas formula. Now at full strength. PH just below 6. The two plants that I chose for this first bubble box are coming back from lime green, No growth, but they look good. The up-take seems to be working. Oscillating fan going to build strong stems. I have materials to build two more boxes. Gonna let the sprouts go three weeks (that will be the 21st) in not dirt-dirt, then carefully, and under the most sterile conditions, excise the sprouts from their pots, rinse the roots in fresh water, and introduce them to clay stones and net baskets. By the time I finish my third box, the cost will be just about $25.00 each. That doesn't include nutrients and PH supplies, which have cost about $47.00 so far and will last for weeks. I have one nice young lady going into bloom on about September first. It should be two plants a week after that. I'm working on a tight budget, as I'm sure many of us are. This system that Bubblegrower has developed is amazing! I cannot thank him enough for his efforts!

I'm attempting to enhance the CO2 in my bloom space. On a budget! I'll share my results.

A wise man said to me today that "Marijuana is not addicting, but growing it is. You think about it all the time." He's right! I want to encourage those who have a hard time growing to seek out a good grower. Not everyone can make the commitment. Not everyone has the time. Not evryone has a green thumb. I don't want to discourage anyone, but I think that a good customer base supported by a good supplier base is a win/win situation. Give growing a try, but if it's not working you should find a good supplier. It helps keep the cost down and the meds available to those who need it at a reasonable price. And it gives your caregiver a chance to support their habit, which is more about gardening than anything else.

Enogh of my ranting. Grow on! Be well!

Toad

obviously the gallery is thrashed yet again?

wow, thats like 35 pics in the last 2 pages that disappeared :(

so, being the nice guy that i am, i tried to reload them all and i cant load ANYTHING into the gallery at all. new/old big/small :( :(

Bah!! :growl:

Day four in bubbles for tote number one, and it looks like I have spaghetti growing out of the bottom of the baskets. I'm thinking that this is a good thing. I assembled tote number two today, and started four plants on the bubble regimen. Two each of two different strains. Half strength nutrients. Water temp is on the cool side, but should adjust in a day to about 70 degrees. That was my experience with the first box. Tote number three will start up in two days. I like the two plant layout for when the plants get bigger, but to get the most out of my space I'm setting four net-pots in the lid of an 18 gallon tote. The 18 gallon tote takes 14 gallons of water to get up to 1/8" from the net-pots. All the plants seem happy right now.

I have a question. Have you ever incorporated compessed air in this system? I have an air compressor which would supply way more than the aquarium pumps. I would have to regulate it down to a reasonable supply pressure, but I'm wondering if you have any experience with this. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Archived