Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I'm making head wiegh. To kick things off real quick and just get something going, I accquired some Bubba Kush clones. They are all looking really good and should be rooted and ready to go within the next couple days. So this run will be all Bubba Kush. But once I get these into bloom I will germinate some seeds and inject some more genetics into the cycle!

Keep in mind, I don't have a huge operation going here. I only grow for myself and 1 patient.

After running into a severe spider mite infestation that got completely out of control, in spite of constant vigilance and the use of almost every product out there (Azamax, Pyritherum TR, Dr.Doom, HotShot, you name it we used it.) they persisted and it got bad, we ended up having to shut the whole system down, vegetative box and all. Had to cut down all the plants early. We tried to save the plants we had in vegetative phase but there wasn't any hope for them. We had to get all plant life out of the area to get rid of them completely. They just kept coming back hardcore like the borg or something! So I figured a clean start would be the best bet...

During the whole process we started on some plans to expand and began planning a larger area with more lighting but unfortunately due to low funding it's a slow going process. We have all the lights, ballasts and reflectors accquired but can't afford to run them just yet. lol. That and we still need a TON of supplies to make the room grow-ready. So we're going to sit on that project for a minute and just use the room we've been using. The lights and reflectors we have are - Two GrowZillas with one 1000w Hortilux SuperHPS and one 600w Pulse Start Metal Halide in each. The ballasts for the 1000w lights are two brand new magnetic switchables from HTG Supplys new location in Taylor. For the 600w lights I have two Lumatek digitals. We need to put in a new breaker box for this setup and run some more outlets and what not. So it's quite the daunting task but its coming along... Might be a while before we get it up and going though.

Here's some details on the setup we've been using -

Vegetative Phase:

4FT wide x 3FT deep x 3.5FT tall. Mylar on all sides and top. The bottom is black.

Illuminating the box is a SunBlaze 4FT 4Lamp High Output T5.

The HOT5 is fitted for full spectrum. Two 54w 6500K bulbs and two 54w 3000K bulbs.

We run 1 Gallon pots for vege phase.

Bloom Phase:

The room is 7FT deep X 7FT tall X 11FTwide. The walls are all line with insulating plastic and panda plastic. White side showing on all walls and cieling. Floor is black side up.

Illuminating the room is one 1000w Hortilux SuperHPS on an HTG Supply Magnetic ballast in a Cool-Tube and a 600w Pulse Start Metal Halide on a Lumatek digital ballast in an air-cooled square reflector.

The reflectors are all connected in-line, air-cooled via a closed system for the lights that brings in air from outside the room, through the reflectors and back out under the house...

We run 5 Gallon buckets for bloom phase.

The whole idea of this setup is perpetualism. We only use 12 plants; harvesting 4 at a time. It's a 3 step perpetual grow cycle.

We start with 4 plants in 1 Gallon pots. Vegetative phase lasts for about 4 weeks. Once those 4 plants are big enough to go into bloom phase we take 4 clones. They then move into the bloom phase room and are transplanted into 5 Gallon buckets and placed under the 600w SunPulse to kick off the blooming. They stay under the 600w for the majority of the time, about 4-5 weeks, until the next set of clones is ready to move in. They then move over under the 1000w Hortilux to finish off the bloom phase. And thus the cycle begins...

Yea it'll be fun comparing methods and sharing secrets... I will more than likely have a pretty extensively detailed grow log though. Almost every step will be logged. Like I said, our setup is small but it's very effective. It's also extremely clean, neat and professional...:bling:

Man I'm excited already... lol. It's funny. It's like I'm going through cultivation withdrawls! :crazysmile:

This large room... with no cameras allowed must be some 007 stuff going on behind those walls... :pic:

i dont want anyone to think i was being a prick to you :)

the bottom line is this................... how many pics of 48-60-72 plant grows do you see on this site? zero. there's a reason for that :)

i dont think i need to say more??

Yea I'm making head wiegh. To kick things off real quick and just get something going, I accquired some Bubba Kush clones. They are all looking really good and should be rooted and ready to go within the next couple days. So this run will be all Bubba Kush. But once I get these into bloom I will germinate some seeds and inject some more genetics into the cycle!

Keep in mind, I don't have a huge operation going here. I only grow for myself and 1 patient........................................

looking forward to having your dirt expertise spotlighted on this site. seriously.

any member who watches your journal will be a better member for it and that is no joke. i know i will be watching.

and yes, we will trade stories along the way :) i have made arrangements for 4 plants in dirty dirt. 2 will be my moby mix (the journal plant), and 2 will be the widow #27

gallery_13801_60_2237250.jpg

im just glad to see a dirt grower like yourself step up and do a minute-by-minute journal. trust me bro, i want front row seats and i will pay whatever your boys at the door want.

I have been having the same thing, I am more addicted to growing the herb then I ever could be to smoking it

oh you are just getting started then :) when growing becomes just as much as a medication session as actually smoking/eating, you are almost there :)

well im lost :(

what to do next?

any suggestions as to what to do next for the budget journal while the original plant is finishing up?

i was going to do a hempy, but by the time i found good perilite i saw a hempy journal had started already, so lets forget that one :)

maybe a scrog? im not sure there is much of a call for scrogging in these parts, but its an option.

or i could just put 2 plants under a 400wHPS econo set-up and let it grow?

i have also been toying with the idea of one plant/one pound for awhile. indoors. whatever it takes. but thats hardly "budget" journal material.

any ideas/suggestions?

i think you have the numbers just about right for the 1 plant 1lb scrog. i was thinking of one pound/one plant WITHOUT a scrog though?? :)

6 weeks in veg, topping. pruning. LST. whatever it takes. i have a strain that can do it.

i have a few that are about 3 weeks into veg and one of those could step up?

so many options :)

i have a few that are about 3 weeks into veg and one of those could step up?

so many options :)

I wouldn't mind seeing what your moby strain would do with some lst and under a econo 400 watter. I would have said 2 of them side by side, one being trained and the other free growing, but because of spacing and having to raise the light for the free grow...

im not sure i could do that............ but its a thought.

i still have this room built and nothing in it:

med_gallery_13801_60_1363485.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_419735.jpg

its 2.5 x 3.5 and the perfect size for a 400w econo, but im not sure i can get 2 mobymix plants in there if i train one of them? i could squeeze 2 in and let them fight it out, or i could train one in there it to get the most possible out of one plant under a 400w?

i just dont see 2 plants in there if i am tying one of them down :(

Yeah that was why I didn't suggest the side by side, I would love to see what the results of it would be, but logistically it would be a nightmare. Perhaps it could be a 2 grow test? Do one under the light with training. Then after harvest run one without training. Using the exact same veg time for both, the same light, etc... just to get a benchmark on the differences in harvest. Just a thought.

Hehe, I am waiting for pictures of the first completely documented topsy turvy grow.

oh good lord. i medicated and then spent about 2 hours sitting in my mother-in-laws "topsy turvy tomato" garden last weekend just staring and thinking. im convinced it wont work for cannabis.

I am pretty convinced it wouldn't work for an inside grow, simply because of lighting issues. However, for an outdoor balcony or greenhouse grow? Not sure either way. Just curious how the apical nature of the plant would effect an upside down grow.

i studied, looked, examined, thought, medicated some more, and then sat awhile longer.

i dont see it working either way, but you may be on to something.

i bet i could attempt an indoor. having the light below the soil/roots would make lighting the entire floor pretty easy??

heck i dont know :(

i already convinced myself it wont work, but now you got me thinking :)

oh good lord. i medicated and then spent about 2 hours sitting in my mother-in-laws "topsy turvy tomato" garden last weekend just staring and thinking. im convinced it wont work for cannabis.

I've spent some time thinking about using thoes as well, and like you said I can't figure a way to get it to work for our type of plants.

I have stolen your ideas like I told you in the PM, I am trying a few things with a few different options in your great bubble box's, 6 plant tops in 3", 4 plant tops in 5" then down to your "double bubble" I will load some pics up but I think its a way to get early veg, middle and late veg then obv my flower room is all 2 or 3 plants per tote. I think its going to work just fine and helps save some space for us who are limited on space at the time.

I've learned it all from you with these bubble buckets so I give you full credit my man, I appreciate all the free help BG

some of my mommas are going to be mystery indicas all imported from cali within the last year, all from one of my patients that I supplied so I will beable to rename them correctly once I get them in the flower room :thumbsu:

BG do you have an equation you use for your air pumps? I don't want TOO many bubbles... I have a plan of linking some of my buckets together with larger pumps so I don't have to have 20+ pumps...

I was looking at a pump like this; http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=50490

It moves 320 GPH, I was thinking I could hook up atleast 3, if not 4 10 gal totes with 6'' stones in each??

any opinions? If not I'm going to try it out and see how it flies I can always cut out the number of stones and figure out the right ratio.

Archived