Free Grow Software

LuciferX

Wanted to let all of you know I started an open source project to track your grow called Herb.iQ. All of the data is stored in XML with 256 AES encryption. It's still in beta but we're a few days away from our first stable release, right now you are able to track your plant phases, events, pictures, nutrients, resevoir. Keep in mind if you input your data into the program while it's a beta it will not carry over to the stable version so you'll have to re-enter it again.

http://herbiq.codeplex.com/

Thanks!

Lx

Not saying that this is a scam but after downloading this link everyone needs to run a virus /spyware scan whenever downloading any file from a unknown source. :thumbsu:

If you don't trust my compiled binary then you can download the source and compile it yourself, you can look through the code for anything malicious. In general though it's always a good idea to scan the files you download PRIOR to running them, if you do a scan AFTER running the file containing a virus it would have already infected your system and can hide itself from your virus scanner.

Lx

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I plan on releasing the first stable release this week so if you have a lot of data to input wait until then so it will upgrade with the future versions. The program uses .NET 4 and WPF which the mono runtime does not currently implement in linux or macosx, the best I could do was make a silverlight port if that would have any interest to you? It could run as an offline application so none of your data is after "in transit", I would have to look into that more to make sure it was truely offline as one of my main focuses is keeping the information secure.

Lx

In theory it looks fantastic! Would love to try...

Do you see it available on a blackberry soon?

Unfortunately you will probably never see it on the blackberry. RIM will never support silverlight, they don't even support flash yet and that's on it's way out.

Lx

Unfortunately you will probably never see it on the blackberry. RIM will never support silverlight, they don't even support flash yet and that's on it's way out.

Lx

Would make a nice iPhone app! Are there opensource iPhone/Driod apps? Proprietary and add to app store?

Would make a nice iPhone app! Are there opensource iPhone/Driod apps? Proprietary and add to app store?

Ya I can see Microsoft extending silverlight to the iphone if Apple lets them. I don't know of any other open source apps like this period, for any platform.

Apple would never allow it as a iPhone app unless it was scrubbed of all MJ references. Apple is way over the top when it comes to controlling what apps they allow. I have a blackberry because my company supplies it but I have configured the Droid for email and it ROCKS! The display is unbelievable.

Apple would never allow it as a iPhone app unless it was scrubbed of all MJ references. Apple is way over the top when it comes to controlling what apps they allow. I have a blackberry because my company supplies it but I have configured the Droid for email and it ROCKS! The display is unbelievable.

I was thinking of it running in the web browser, if there was just some way to keep the information encrypted. Droid is nice, I just ordered an iphone 4 though, I like shiny things :D

I was thinking of it running in the web browser, if there was just some way to keep the information encrypted. Droid is nice, I just ordered an iphone 4 though, I like shiny things :D

Video conference is only for pretty people. I scare little children. :D

BTW I use Truecrypt for all my important file encryption. I have been working on an ubuntu live cd with truecrypt and tor installed to anonymously surf web sites and leave no trace on the PC. I have been trying to use remastersys but have yet to figure out how to get tor button for firefox to load in the default profile.

Archived