911 Mite Infestation Need Help Now

I have a small room 13X13. I can not get rid of the MITES, I need someone that has a good deal of experiance that could get back to me on this. I have heard from many other people that there are a large amount of people out there with this problem increased now by heat. I have tried Neem oil, garden spray, einstein, indoor I bleached the ground along with all the walls along with all the sprays. I was waiting for over a month to bud these plants if I dont get rid of mites I am going to get way too tall. Help help help.

I had a old high times from about 5 years ago that said that you most likely wont get rid of the mite infestation if the plants are large and inside. OOHHH and I rub in the spray into the leaves daily,,.. I have broke my back lost sleep and done 5000 loads of laundry to go into other rooms//// PLEASE HELP ASAP//// b-4 they ruin my life.

Big plants suck for mites.

How about this Now sense your plants are so big, can you throw some away and use less plants to cover the same area? You might have to tie the bigger plant down to cover more area but wtf else r u suppose to do? Ok so now you got less plants.

Get some AVID off Ebay. Use it correctly and clean your room multiple times with bleach water. Don't mess it up or else your mite babies will be immune to the stuff.

I have used a couple of methods that seem to work fine, but aren't exactly 'politically correct'. The first is to stick a "Hot Shot - No Pest Strip" into the room. What I do is put the strip next to my fan, so that the vapours are moved throughout the room. I leave the strip in place for no longer than 8 hours, as these are somewhat toxic to pets and humans. I put the strip back into the container that it arrived in and tape it shut. I put it back into the room every three days, 8 hrs. at a time. The cycle of every three days coincides with the hatching of newly emerging spider mites, so after 5 or so applications you can stop using it, but with a major infestation it may take longer to rid yourself of the problem. Another product that seems effective is SNS 217, a spray made of rosemary oil extraction. According to reports, if sprayed on the underside of the leaves, it will kill mites on contact (even kills the eggs!!!}. I hope you find this information useful. I have had these (we call them the Borg) in the past and found that the only way to truely get rid of them is to take a break from growing, totally clean the room and use a bleach/water mix to wash everything down. Wash once at the beginning of your break from growing, then again just before putting plants back in the room. I took a 3 month break, then restarted from scratch. Wishing you the best of luck ridding yourself of these pesky pests, they are tenacious (that is why we call them the Borg) and have ruined a couple of crops for most growers. The best preventative is to make sure that you keep the room tidy, no dead leafy matter lying about, they seem to love dead leaves on the floor of your room...Peace...j.b.

• 2 weeks later...

OK.... my mites aren't as bad as his/hers. But ..... i do have them! I have been using azamax at 5-7 day intervals, seemed to kill the majority of them on most of my plants, but i have one plant that has white specks on the tops of the leaves, and if I look closely ( with my mag. glass) stupid little gentlemen on the underside of the leaves. I am doing another treatment of azamax tonight after lights out, does this stuff have a residual effect? if I make a gallon of it and don't use it all how long can I keep it or do I have to dump what I don't use and make a fresh batch every time? I have plants that are about 2 weeks from flower time and need to get a handle on these bugs before they go full blast. just cleaned the room, super careful about what goes in the room, in, on, or around me. temps & humidity are good- 73/77 deg. 45%/55% humidity, watering every other day,or 3 days, letting dry real good between waterings. at what strength am I to properly mix the azamax? how much per gallon? or how much for a 16-18 oz spray bottle? just want to make sure I am getting the correct ratio to kill the intruders!!!! thx in advance!

OK.... my mites aren't as bad as his/hers. But ..... i do have them! I have been using azamax at 5-7 day intervals, seemed to kill the majority of them on most of my plants, but i have one plant that has white specks on the tops of the leaves, and if I look closely ( with my mag. glass) stupid little gentlemen on the underside of the leaves. I am doing another treatment of azamax tonight after lights out, does this stuff have a residual effect? if I make a gallon of it and don't use it all how long can I keep it or do I have to dump what I don't use and make a fresh batch every time? I have plants that are about 2 weeks from flower time and need to get a handle on these bugs before they go full blast. just cleaned the room, super careful about what goes in the room, in, on, or around me. temps & humidity are good- 73/77 deg. 45%/55% humidity, watering every other day,or 3 days, letting dry real good between waterings. at what strength am I to properly mix the azamax? how much per gallon? or how much for a 16-18 oz spray bottle? just want to make sure I am getting the correct ratio to kill the intruders!!!! thx in advance!

Oh man...don't forget to wash them off really good too. No one wants to smoke spider mites... :thumbsd:

Forget all the other steps get two hot shot pest strips in your grow area ASAP .

I had a similar infestation with my first grow and did not lose a single plant after introducing the borg to the hsps.. :thumbsu:

simple solution! I will get 'em! how many do I put in a 9x9 room? for how long at a time? what about ventilation? above the plants?

simple solution! I will get 'em! how many do I put in a 9x9 room? for how long at a time? what about ventilation? above the plants?

One should be enough. I got them months ago and freaked so I slammed 3 of them in my room which is 9x11. Call me overly cautious. You don't want to breath it for long. The plants...they're not bothered by it.

I have a small room 13X13. I can not get rid of the MITES, I need someone that has a good deal of experiance that could get back to me on this. I have heard from many other people that there are a large amount of people out there with this problem increased now by heat. I have tried Neem oil, garden spray, einstein, indoor I bleached the ground along with all the walls along with all the sprays. I was waiting for over a month to bud these plants if I dont get rid of mites I am going to get way too tall. Help help help.

I had a old high times from about 5 years ago that said that you most likely wont get rid of the mite infestation if the plants are large and inside. OOHHH and I rub in the spray into the leaves daily,,.. I have broke my back lost sleep and done 5000 loads of laundry to go into other rooms//// PLEASE HELP ASAP//// b-4 they ruin my life.

hot shot strips and bob the area with foggers for several says straight to stop the eggs when they hatch.

where can u find these hot shot strips?

I bought mine at lowes, but I'm sure you can get them at meijer, walmart.....

I put mine in the room after lights out time and have the fans on low just over

night, back to normal to day, day one with pest strip, we'll see how it goes.

I did do the azamax the day before putting the strip in there. good luck! as metallica

would say "kill 'em all" !

Absolutely use the Hot Shotz NOW!. Get them in there as the instructions expain. Meanwhile get some neem oil here: http://www.greeneem.com/neemoil.htm. Use it whenever you re-pot your plants as they outgrow the container. Mix it at 1 tsp per quart, using a few drops of dish detergent to emulsify it. Get the 100% pressed stuff. Add warm water and shake well. Spray bottles work great. As you take the plant, with root ball attached, saturate the root ball, and incorporate some of the neem mix into the soil in the larger pot that you will replant it in, and spray it on your plants. Repeat spraying the plants and the surface of the soil every week or two, except during the last few weeks of bloom.

Neem is a systemic treatment in that it kills these creatures from the inside out, and takes a little time to render the plants resistant to many bugs, to include mites. It is not a contact pesticide and will not kill them simply by spraying them with it. Once you have the situation in hand, put the Hot Shots away.

Hot shots is the way to go. completely knocked out any mites i had. My room is 90% airtight with ventilation in and out. Dont think any vapors reaching living areas. Go get yourself a couple. Home depot or Lowes carry them.

Archived