This Is Not A War Against Cops

budhabit

I just wanted to remind you that this not a war against all cops there are some law enforcement agency's that do not have a problem with the new Medical Marijuana Law example The Thomas Township police have always treated me with respect while I have been growing and even responded quickly when I accidentally tripe my alarm and told me while they were here as the DEA was tearing apart my home a grow that they could not understand why the DEA was at my home in the first place unfortunately they are sometimes only pawns in this viscous war on drugs

I just wanted to remind you that this not a war against all cops there are some law enforcement agency's that do not have a problem with the new Medical Marijuana Law example The Thomas Township police have always treated me with respect while I have been growing and even responded quickly when I accidentally tripe my alarm and told me while they were here as the DEA was tearing apart my home a grow that they could not understand why the DEA was at my home in the first place unfortunately they are sometimes only pawns in this viscous war on drugs

Yep thats right i/we are pawns in this War are Lawyers told me it is not us in court it is the Medical Marihuana act is in court it just has are name on it

I agree we shouldn't generalize in demonizing a whole group of people, though it seems so many are doing that to us. We ARE this law, as I see it, so we are the ones in court as well as the law itself, there has to be a face and name to it so I guess we are IT. If I could I'd be at the trials in support of those who have the misfortune of having to be there or else.. Once I did attend a trial of someone in an Mj case, it felt good to be there.

Sb

This is not any sort of provocation. It is the people exercising their rights under the constitution. The right to peacefully assemble to redress their grievances against the government. I've talked to a lot of people and it never ceases to amaze me that the government has convinced the people that this is a bad thing.

The First Amendment :

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Thomas Jefferson on the Bill of Rights;

"I do not like... the omission of a bill of rights providing clearly and without the aid of sophisms for freedom of religion, freedom of the press, protection against standing armies, restriction against monopolies, the eternal and unremitting force of the habeas corpus laws, and trials by jury in all matters of fact triable by the laws of the land and not by the law of nations." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1787. ME 6:387

"A bill of rights is what the people are entitled to against every government on earth, general or particular; and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inferences." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1787. ME 6:388, Papers 12:440

"The general voice from north to south... calls for a bill of rights. It seems pretty generally understood that this should go to juries, habeas corpus, standing armies, printing, religion and monopolies. I conceive there may be difficulty in finding general modifications of these suited to the habits of all the States. But if such cannot be found, then it is better to establish trials by jury, the right of habeas corpus, freedom of the press, and freedom of religion, in all cases, and to abolish standing armies in time of peace, and monopolies in all cases, than not to do it in any. The few cases wherein these things may do evil cannot be weighed against the multitude wherein the want of them will do evil." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1788. ME 7:96

"It astonishes me to find... [that so many] of our countrymen... should be contented to live under a system which leaves to their governors the power of taking from them the trial by jury in civil cases, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, freedom of commerce, the habeas corpus laws, and of yoking them with a standing army. This is a degeneracy in the principles of liberty... which I [would not have expected for at least] four centuries." --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1788. (*) FE 5:3

"I consider all the ill as established which may be established. I have a right to nothing which another has a right to take away." --Thomas Jefferson to Uriah Forrest, 1787. ME 6:388, Papers 12:477

"I hope, therefore, a bill of rights will be formed to guard the people against the federal government as they are already guarded against their State governments, in most instances." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1788. ME 7:98

I would love to have had the chance to meet T.J. Seems like such great person

Guest Wayne

I have the greatest respect for those officers that never volunteer to be part of the narco-terrorist squads. As for the steroid consuming, macho, can't wait to volunteer for the battle and live fire encounters bunch? Anybody know the male/female ratio of SWAT teams on a national level? Not that there isn't room for macho boy's clubs in law enforcement.

Guest finallyfree09

couldn't have said it better. it's the ones that take it personally that someone is a "pothead" that scare me. :unsure:

LEO demonizes patients so I can't be too critical of people who return the favor. I would tend to agree we are unfairly making generalizations about LEO if I was hearing more positive reports where LEO was following the law and treating patients with respect. I believe I have see two maybe three positive reports of LEO interactions. Since we have a forum for bad experiences maybe we need a forum for positive experiences? At least then we could know what departments are friendly.

That is what I have said also...Cops do what they are told by those above them. They can't afford to be out of work in this state either..Cops are simply in this case political tools being used to scare and harras those who are trying to follow the law with thier MM. Be mad at the people who pay them not the actual cops...

However having said that there are some cops who think it is evil and those who use it are scum. Look at Bob and Torey...Some of the cops told them they "You don't look that sick" so yeah some cops are jerks. Probably weren't that popular in highschool and felt powerles and took this position as a LEO to get a little piece of power over people.

The cops are only doing what they are told. You really have to take advantage of local governments that elect their law enforcement officials. There are not a lot of people who participate in those elections. Once again if the MM community banded together we could make changes politicaly. If we just create an organization that is there to protect MM patients legaly, and supported our political agenda we could make some changes. The way it would work is that the organization would contact all of the MM clinics, and ask them to hand out a pamhlet describing what how the organization is there to support you legaly, and to help fund pro MM poloticians. It would work verry simmilar to a union, and the patients caregivers would only have to pay a small monthly fee. Just think if 30% of registered patients/caregivers got involved. I really think that this are only chance of making some major changes.

If anyone is interested in figuring out the details P.M me.

out of respect to this forum i'll refer to them as peace officers. they are no more than a paramilitary force whose core purpose is to crush dissent and subjugate the citizenry. just my opinion. as this relates to med marijuana is evident to anyone paying attention.

Archived