From The Us Dea Website

This posting can be found at the U.S. DEA

http://www.justice.gov/dea/ongoing/calimarijuana.html

California Medical Marijuana Information

• The assertion that all medical marijuana is headed for seriously ill patients is misleading. Statistics from the California Branch of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) shows that a survey of Californians reports the top three reported uses of medicinal marijuana: 40% Chronic Pain
22% AIDS-Related
15% Mood Disorders
(23% All other categories)

• In California there is no state regulation or standard of the cultivation and/or distribution medical marijuana. California leaves the establishment of any guidelines to local jurisdictions, which can widely vary. For example, Marin County allows up to six mature plants, and/or a half-pound dried marijuana. It's neighbor, Sonoma County permits possession of three pounds of marijuana, and allows cultivation up to 99 plants, and physicians may recommend more for "exceptional patients." 

• Local and state law enforcement counterparts cannot distinguish between illegal marijuana grows and grows that qualify as medical exemptions. Many self-designated medical marijuana growers are, in fact, growing marijuana for illegal, "recreational" use. 

• Elected law enforcement officials, i.e. Sheriffs and District Attorneys in California have been targeted by the "marijuana lobby." Political action by groups such as NORML have endorsed and supported candidates favorable to medical marijuana. NORML tracks local elections and takes credit for the defeats of anti-marijuana candidates. Last year the DEA arrested a major marijuana trafficker in Humboldt County who was an undeclared candidate for sheriff.

• The DEA and its local and state counterparts routinely report that large-scale drug traffickers hide behind and invoke Proposition 215, even when there is no evidence of any medical claim. In fact, many large-scale marijuana cultivators and traffickers escape state prosecution because of bogus medical marijuana claims. Prosecutors are reluctant to charge these individuals because of the state of confusion that exists in California. Therefore, high-level traffickers posing as "care givers" are able to sell illegal drugs with impunity. 

• The California NORML website lists federal defendants for the largest indoor marijuana cultivation operation in the U.S., which occurred in Northern California, as "green prisoners." While unscrupulously claiming to be "medical marijuana" defendants, in fact these two individuals were dangerous, armed fugitives believed to be responsible for drug-related murders and other violence. 

• DEA's San Francisco Field Division coordinates the statewide Domestic Cannabis Eradication/Suppression Program (DCE/SP). The number of plants eradicated and assets seized represent the largest totals in California history.

Looks like the DEA didn't get the October 19, 2009 'Ogden' memo from

DOJ...

Can you say 'sour grapes'? Can anyone believe that tax dollars are used for this kind of propaganda?

Is the DEA really saying that they are helpless to stop "high level
traffickers" because of this state law?

Really?

So they have to close their California offices or do street level sales arrests.

If I am missing something, let me know, but I am utterly at a loss as
to their use of the term "impugnity" as it relates to marijuana sales
by "high level dealers."

Michael Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Off: 248-357-2550

Mbl: 248-321-5393

Email: Michael@komornlaw.com

Check out my Radio show

Live Every Wednesday 8-9:00 p.m.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/realtalkfm

Click GreenTrees Radio

Call in Number 347-205-9718

http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/state_factsheets/michigan.html

Drug Situation: Cocaine, heroin, marijuana, and MDMA are the primary drug threats in the state of Michigan.........Importation of Canadian marijuana, often referred to as “B.C. Bud”, along with MDMA, by Asian organized crime groups at Michigan’s Northern Border ports of entry is encountered with increased frequency.
Marijuana: The Northern Border is increasingly utilized to transport Canadian indoor-grown marijuana, referred to as B.C. Bud, into the United States at Michigan ports of entry. B.C. Bud has a higher tetrahydrcannabinol (THC) content than domestically grown or Mexican produced marijuana. As a result, the demand for B.C. Bud is significantly increasing. Significant marijuana seizures at the Northern Border ports of entry in Michigan have increased. Multi-hundred pound seizures of B.C. Bud are regularly transported across the Northern Border. The Northern Border Ambassador Bridge located at the Detroit, Michigan/Windsor, Ontario port of entry is one of the busiest commercial land border entry ports in the world, making the detection of marijuana commingled with legitimate goods a daunting task. Marijuana transported into Michigan from the Southwest Border is primarily distributed by Mexican, Chaldean and inner-city trafficking organizations.

So the DEA says that the Chinese are bringing "B.C. Bud", grown in Canada, and bringing it into our Northern Border, and Mexican produced Cannabis is being brought in the Southern Border? I hate the DEA.... DEA= Department for the Eradication of America

• 3 weeks later...

Michael, The Feds actions in our state speaks volumes. They are disobeying the Commander in Chief. As a former Marine who was willing to die based on the holder of that office, I find it disgusting that the DEA would expend tax dollars to vilify Medical Marijuana. I hate to say this, but this type of behaviour smacks of treason. To have agencies of the government act independently of the government is frightening. We must focus the attention of the world on Saginaw. We must assemble and show our numbers. We will be the ones that made a stand against tyranny and the undoing of our nation. The 21st is a date that will be remembered in the history books as the day the weakest stood for the strong. That bravery was defined by the simple act of peacefully assembling to redress grievances against the government. I hope all government agencies will comply with the will of the people and obey the orders of the President of the United States.

no disrespect intended but do you think that joker in the white house really GAF about medical patients? they lie to get elected. can anyone explain to me why people are disappointed when they show their true colors?

Semper Fi.

no disrespect intended but do you think that joker in the white house really GAF about medical patients? they lie to get elected. can anyone explain to me why people are disappointed when they show their true colors?

Semper Fi.

Hmmm another devil dog?

Anyways to your questions. I honestly can't say what or who the current President cares about when it comes to this issue, probably whatever he feels will get him the most votes. As for your final question, it boils down to hope, and even a bit of faith. We hope that this one will be different, we have faith that even though we haven't seen it, it will occur. The cycle of being dissapointed will continue to repeat until "We the People" start holding these folks accountable. Sad but true.

I think we are on our own. We have friends like "Cush", but they are rare. So we must confront them with the ultimate weapon, the Law. I am disappointed that America has chosen the route of the other great Democracies in History. The more power is centrally consolidated, the less power the people have. Our law is a prime example of that. Constant probing and persecution, because our medicine is not in the Corporate interest. I fear if the nation does not return to it's roots, we are doomed to repeat history. Thanks for your observations. Semper Fi. BB

Speaking of friends, I understand that Verge Bonero (and could someone please correct my spelling of his name?) is a supporter of patients and caregivers.

He is currently in the lead for the democrats for the office of Governor.

The will of the people was clear when the ballot initiative passed by as

large of a margin as it did. I support the will of the people to allow

marijuana to be used for medicinal purposes only and the law should be

enforced as such.

Sincerely,

Virg

he qualifies his statement. The only way for full, safe affordable access is full legalization and no politician has gotten that message including virg

Michael, The Feds actions in our state speaks volumes. They are disobeying the Commander in Chief. As a former Marine who was willing to die based on the holder of that office, I find it disgusting that the DEA would expend tax dollars to vilify Medical Marijuana. I hate to say this, but this type of behaviour smacks of treason. To have agencies of the government act independently of the government is frightening. We must focus the attention of the world on Saginaw. We must assemble and show our numbers. We will be the ones that made a stand against tyranny and the undoing of our nation. The 21st is a date that will be remembered in the history books as the day the weakest stood for the strong. That bravery was defined by the simple act of peacefully assembling to redress grievances against the government. I hope all government agencies will comply with the will of the people and obey the orders of the President of the United States.

The DEA obviously does not respect OBAMA or they would not be raiding peaceful peoples. Has anyone written any more letters to OBAMA or the Justice department of thre head of the DEA?

Well, before Obama's Administration, I believed that the federal government would do its best to be dominant money makers in something big before it allows "We the people" to make it into a money making industry, legally with the legitimate medical route. I hope that this Administration doesn't little by little start becoming like the Bush Administration. Attorney General Eric Holder is nothing like that lunatic "Christian" Ashcroft was or like Karl Rove's pathetic butt-sniffer Alberto Gonzales was.

Our country and many of our fellow citizens are hurting from the economy. Violent crime has risen. The war that is technically still not a war is taking up so much of our funding. We're in high debt to other countries that commit pure evil against humanity, like China. In our own country, people have lost so many jobs, health care, and so many homes. Now people, with so little left, not even their health and have their days numbered, or who live in pain and suffering daily, have to worry about LEO or the DEA causing more problems, financial loss, and unfair laws to make so many worry and suffer even more.

I could see red flags raised on those who grow hundreds of plants to sell. Ok, well, whatever.

Imagine how much tax dollars would be paid if marijuana was legalized and how many violent criminals would have to look for a new way to make money, and they would.

To take people to court who have legitimate terminal illnesses simply because they got marijuana and didn't purchase a drug store medication that costs between $30 - $80 dollars for EACH PILL is pathetic. It gives the feeling of wealthy and powerful CEOs, that contribute to political campaigns, are trying to make sure people pay outlandish money to make them rich instead of allowing people to benefiting from what Mother Nature provided to people for free. There would probably be less violent crime if Marijuana was made legal to persons over the age of 18 or 21. Give it the same laws as alcohol. Alcohol has lead to MASSIVE deaths, injuries, and fights, yet its legal. What a joke and everyone knows it, but so many people have to be told what to do, how to think, what to believe in, etc. Thankfully there are those who do have a brain and who do know how to use logic.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=6072

For Immediate Release: July 21st, 2010

Medical Marijuana Advocates Protest Recent DEA Raids in Michigan & California

Saginaw, MI / San Diego, CA -- Coordinated and lively protests were carried out today by medical marijuana patient advocates in both Saginaw, Michigan, and San Diego, California, against the federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) for several raids it conducted earlier this month, despite a Justice Department policy issued in October 2009 discouraging such raids. The Michigan Medical Marijuana Association organized the Saginaw protest march and Americans for Safe Access organized a rally at the federal courthouse in San Diego.

On July 6th, the DEA raided John Roberts and Stephanie Whisman, two licensed medical marijuana caregivers from Thomas Township, MI. Then, the next day, on July 7th, the DEA raided the Covelo, CA home of Joy Greenfield, the first collective to apply for the Mendocino County Sheriff's cultivation permit program. Greenfield even had county-issued "zip-ties" on her plants designating their legality under state and local law. Then, on July 9th, the DEA conducted multiple raids on medical marijuana dispensaries in the San Diego area, arresting 12 people. Among other items seized in the raids, the DEA took money, medical marijuana and cultivation equipment, as well as financial and private patient records.

"Patients are fed up with platitudes and half promises from the Obama Administration," said Eugene Davidovich of the San Diego chapter of Americans for Safe Access. "We're here at the federal courthouse to vocally oppose continued attempts to subvert state law, and to push for a federal policy that actually protects patients in this country."

Raided Michigan caregiver John Roberts produced an oil-based medical marijuana product that was used by seriously ill patients, including a 6-year-old girl with brain cancer. The young girl successfully used the oil to treat her headaches, to help her sleep, and as an appetite stimulant. Roberts had held a protest less than a week before the July 6th DEA raid to bring attention to ongoing law enforcement harassment of patients in the Saginaw area.

The most recent federal raids and subsequent protests come as Acting DEA Administrator Michele Leonhart is preparing to be confirmed by the Senate Judiciary Committee. Leonhart is a Bush Administration appointee who was Deputy Administrator under then-DEA Administrator Karen Tandy. Both were responsible for more than 200 raids in California and other medical marijuana states during the Bush Presidency. In her capacity as Acting Administrator, Leonhart also moved to block medical marijuana research in January of this year by refusing to grant an application that would have expanded therapeutic studies in the U.S.

I want to know what happens to the "patient records" because that's what they are, once the DEA removes them. They are private patient records. Secondly, I want to know what happens to the plants, cannabis products, money, and growing structures that DEA removes. DO THEY RETURN THEM? If not, why not? Other than federal it is illegal blah, blah, blah. How are they not causing hatred instead of respect for their agency. This isn't a group of people dealing and using heroine or Oxycontin.

Is the DEA keeping them or returning them, especially THE MONEY. Sounds like legalized DEA organized crime.

Aside from the President, the Attorney General, Eric Holder, has the authority to put a stop to the DEA. This is why people will not work with the law because the law does not abide by the law. Then you get people who learn to hate everything that LEO stands for, causing the good ones to take the heat for the bad ones. There is distrust, understandably, due to victimization.

On the DEA's website they have southeast Michigan as HIDTA, which means HIGH INTENSITY DRUG TRAFFICKING AREA. They also have "the Rockie Mountains", California, DC, Oregon, New England, Pacific North West (Washington), Hawaii.... basically places where MM seems to be legally recognized. Is that a politically correct way for the DEA to tell the President "F*CK YOU, Mr. President...and you, too, AG Holder!"?

When they target MM people, it's to make a statement in the MM community; "We're watching you"

Law enforcement pay people to tip them off about other people. If local law enforcement choose to take action but are weary of state protection, all they have to do is contact the DEA to take over the matter. To local LEO, problem solved. What is to stop that from being the situation?

The DEA obviously does not respect OBAMA or they would not be raiding peaceful peoples. Has anyone written any more letters to OBAMA or the Justice department of thre head of the DEA?

One thing that escapes me more than anything is how the DEA, of all people, know for a fact that marijuana is less harmful then any other drugs they go after, while safer then alcohol. They know this. I can understand someone growing hundreds of plants to be under the radar. I'm not saying that's right but I can see how DEA would have suspicions about someone growing a large quantity, but RAIDING MICHIGAN COMPASSION CLUBS? Because they are concerned people in these private settings might be inhaling small amounts of cannabis they are lawfully allowed to consume? This does noting for the image of the DEA except make people dislike and distrust them. They are targeting people obeying the law.

We try to be good citizens, to respect the law, some are parents that raise children to respect the law, but this is a classic example of why the law does not warrant respect. When the law intentionally sh*ts on people abiding by the laws of their state, that's when the law is seen as the criminals with legal authority to shoot people, harass people, commit a form of law enforcement armed robbery, and victimize people on a federal level.

Archived