Really Frustrated

helpingpatients5

Hello all just thought i would air my cuurent issues here to see if any other caregivers have gone through this? Well ok i have been a caregiver for awhile for 2 patients both which are family members and who both have serious health issues. i decided to try and offer my services to help any patients looking for a caregiver on this site. well i really enjoy this site and thought this may be the wright place to offer my services to patients wanting to have a caregiver, so i posted a few ads on here and i finally got a response from a gentleman in my area who is new to the mmmp program and wanted to get together and discuss more about listing me as his caregiver. So after several emails and several phone conversations i drove to his place picked him up and got to know one another. during the conversation he informed me that he currently had a caregiver listed but could not get in touch with this person and he wanted to fill out a change form and add me as caregiver. well we follow procedure ,fill out paperwork and i told him not to worry about the 10 dollar change fee form i would even pay that for him because he is a low income patient. well i drop him off we filled out paper work and planned to send into state the following day. well after 5 voicemails left and 4 days later he calls me and tells me nevermind he rather stay with current caregiver. i couldnt understand this, i was upset about the fact that i took time from my day drove to see this person explained how everything worked and explained to him that because the state ws back logged we needed to get paperwork in a.s.a.p because of the 21 day waiting period . i really have an interest in helping people and this situation just frustrated me and wanted to know if anyone has been through a similar situation???????

My heart goes out to you. I can only say Thank you for trying and doing your best to help. You may have over did it by the fee pay, but its only $10. Seems to me that you are far more ahead with a heart such as yours. Take your time, be patient, and continue the search for that right fit into your care. For $10 you found that this one wasn't right, cheap price to pay for missing the drama of what could of happened. Sometimes you have to be careful of what you ask for, cause you just might get it. Your light of compassion shines bright, but won't shine brighter with more pateints to server, it will only be brightened by the amount of compassion in your heart. Thank you for being with us, hope to see you on the 21st.

I imagine some patients will shop caregivers to find the best deal. I bet as some point compensation will become more standardized to make shopping around less desirable and still keep it fair for caregivers.

I don't think stopping patients from being able to shop with a person they are confortable with being thier CG is a good thing. I think in the same way that patients can usually shop doctors and dentists they should be able to not only find a CG they trust but ne they get along with on a personal level. I mean right nw the way things are going with LEO in this state I (if shopping as a patient) would want to meet them and get a fel for who they are...I would rathe a family guy with no record grow for me for example because the cops aren't already looking at him...I wouldn't want some crazy party dude for the exact same reason.

If my meds were going to be handled by this person I would want to find one that could present them to me when I needed them rather than having them destroyed by cops..I mean do't get me wrong not everyone on here or in general getting busted for growing legally is a party person or something, it does happen to regular Joe's as well, but I think that if you decrease the odds of that happening by shoping around then so be it...And if they are simply shopping for price then so be it as wel...I mean your health plan doesnt cover it and who has that kind of money to blow anyways? I mean if a CG is charging more than a fair price, you would want other options..

I think allowing them to shop is better for everyone anyways because it as a CG do you want a patient that is on your donkey 24/7 asking when they are ready lol..Or one you maybe don't trust? Keep the shopping reguate the price maybe?

That is to bad. Luckily we haven't had that happen. We have met all our patients for consultation. Switched one patient over to us as his CG promised meds 24/7 but could never provide them. We also brought on a patient from out of state that was in need of a CG and those processes have worked out. Patients are overly satisfied with our meds/edibles. But it is a tough process when you go out of your way to assist somebody in need and after all the hard work they don't take you up on it.

Did you know it is very resonably priced to put a ad in the paper.Simply stated caregiver with space for mmj patient and a number.Meet for the first time at a location close to your home, the question should not be will they take you but will you take them. Low income or not you have to have astablished guidelines, even more important because you do plan a long term relationship with this patient. Happy patient happy caregiver goes both ways, at lest it seems to me anyway. SO even if they suck you arent out to much.

Archived