Channel 7 News Report On Medical Marijuana

Kingdiamond

Anyone else see the news story just now on channel 7 Detroit?

They interviewed Mike from ultra green hydro in Redford and a young guy with brain cancer they actually taped him doing a bong hit in his family's kitchen!

One disturbing thing though his mom says their caregiver grows him a "special " type of medical marijuana with double the THC levels for $700 a oz !

Any caregiver who's lowdown enough to feed off of some poor kids family need for high grade meds is a worthless lowlife in my eyes with zero compassion. . :notfair:

They interviewed Mike from ultra green hydro in Redford and a young guy with brain cancer they actually taped him doing a bong hit in his family's kitchen!

One disturbing thing though his mom says their caregiver grows him a "special " type of medical marijuana with double the THC levels for $700 a oz !

Any caregiver who's lowdown enough to feed off of some poor kids family need for high grade meds is a worthless lowlife in my eyes with zero compassion. . :notfair:

700.00 a oz? Does it come with a gold pipe?

here is a link to what they have on thier web site about this story

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/health/growing-medical-marijuana-is-becoming-big-business-in-michigan

(WXYZ) - It’s now legal to grow and sell marijuana here in Michigan, if you’re licensed and are doing it for medicinal purposes. As more people try to make ends meet in this tough economy, the thought of making money by growing cannabis to help someone with a health problem is gaining popularity.

Nick Tennant opened Med Grow Cannabis College in Southfield about a year ago. Since then he says he’s watched nearly one thousand students go through the program. It’s a diverse group, including people who really need an income.

Nick told us, “You have laid off autoworkers that have come in looking for a new means of viability for their career path. There are people from age 21 to 81 learning to grow medical marijuana.”

Nick himself used to work in the auto industry. But when opportunities started drying up he saw growth potential as a legalized marijuana supplier and educator. “It was a new industry, something Michigan had never seen.”

At Med Grow Cannabis College, potential suppliers attend six weeks of classes. For a fee of $475 they learn how to start a medical marijuana business.

They’re taught how to use proper nutrients, special lights and fans to maximize growth potential.

Michigan allows a caregiver who is certified to grow 12 plants per patient. They can grow for five other patients as well as themselves, if they are certified to use medical marijuana. That means they can grow a maximum of 72 plants.

Nick says a caregiver can make six figures the way the Michigan law is written.

Earlier this year we introduced you to Mathew Watkins who is battling a deadly brain cancer. For him, medical marijuana relieves his excruciating pain and allows him to gain weight. Before the law he was throwing up all the time.

Matt’s dad buys his medical marijuana from a licensed caregiver... who grows a special concoction for Matt.

In his case they triple the THC. So he’s getting a cocktail of different plants.

But that can run $700 a month.

People who grow medical marijuana aren’t just making money, they’re spending it too.

Mike, the owner of Ultra Green Hydroponics in Redford told us you can spend $5000 on a garden. But for $1000 you can get started in the business.

Mike used to be a skilled machinist. But he saw work in his field dwindling, so he decided to get into a different field.

Dr. William Gonte of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Center in Southfield examines patients to determine if they qualify for medical marijuana. He thinks the growing of medicinal quality pot may soon be taken over by big business.

“I think the state of Michigan is looking at their options. Probably tobacco companies will be the companies that set up and form these facilities where you can buy medical marijuana in packages.”

And Nick hopes getting in on the ground floor of this new medical marijuana wave will take him to new heights.

“I know we’re on the verge of a big, new industry.”

(QUOTE FROM ARTILE ABOVE)

Matt’s dad buys his medical marijuana from a licensed caregiver... who grows a special concoction for Matt.

In his case they triple the THC. So he’s getting a cocktail of different plants.

But that can run $700 a month.

Now see i could have swore i heard her say he was paying $700 a oz but whats all this coacktail of plants crap is there actually a way to triple the potency by combining plants cmon really?

I agree that is why I teamed up with Peanutbutter and we formed the Cannabis Cancer Project where we provide RIck Simpson oil which takes 2 to 3 ounces of high quality bud to make and we provided to the patients like this young man for Free. Dont loose faith because of the Greed of some. There are caregivers that really do care and are not in it for the Money

Now come on~! Those plants don't do more THC than their genetics allow. Double means about 20% THC right? Ok Barney's Farm puts out a LSD. That is promised to be 24% and that is as high as I can find. Double that and yeah, an ounce would last two months! Would love to have 48% trichomes on my plants. Bubbleponics rocks for getting the most out of your plants. Lots of root space makes for lots of healthy plants. As for the price? I charge $250 first ounce and second one free next $250 and so on. Sheesh my patients pay me ahead to make it easier for me to pay the electric and all the start up. Each time a caregiver sets up for a new patient, you can plan on another $200 to get started for them. Yeah it costs $ and I am still behind on it and not making any profit, but in time. Expanding is expensive too. $700 is about twice what it's worth. Poor people don't know there is equally good stuff for half of what he is paying. I pray for his health and recovery! Teach the father to grow his own at that price~

Love and Peace and Just Imagine

:jipo:

But if people like us in the MM community know it is highway robbery(price without passion), then our opponents will use it for ammo. We will be no better than the pharmaceutical companies. What hurts one, hurts all.

good point....agreed.

This quote from original poster's news source does sound as if the patients family is being taken advantage of......

"One disturbing thing though his mom says their caregiver grows him a "special " type of medical marijuana with double the THC levels for $700 a oz !"

Would like to know exactly what this so called "special" type of medical marijuana is, and just what percentage level of THC is being represented?

What's the THC % in good bubble hash. I don't know but I bet it's around triple the THC of MM or close. It definitely costs more than triple to make it because of the volume of material it takes to make it so who's to say 700 a month is to much. Just my 2 cents but sometimes it helps to know all the facts before passing these judgements we all seem to do.

What's the THC % in good bubble hash. I don't know but I bet it's around triple the THC of MM or close. It definitely costs more than triple to make it because of the volume of material it takes to make it so who's to say 700 a month is to much. Just my 2 cents but sometimes it helps to know all the facts before passing these judgements we all seem to do.

Good point.

Michigan allows a caregiver who is certified to grow 12 plants per patient. They can grow for five other patients as well as themselves, if they are certified to use medical marijuana. That means they can grow a maximum of 72 plants.

Nick says a caregiver can make six figures the way the Michigan law is written.

Yup you can make six figures. All you need are five people willing and able to pay over $20,000 a year for marijuana. Some folks really have great imaginations. Sounds like Nick Tennet has figured out a way to make six figures with medical marijuana, Just charge suckers $475 to learn what they could learn by spending a little time on the internet and growing a few plants.

Yup you can make six figures. All you need are five people willing and able to pay over $20,000 a year for marijuana. Some folks really have great imaginations. Sounds like Nick Tennet has figured out a way to make six figures with medical marijuana, Just charge suckers $475 to learn what they could learn by spending a little time on the internet and growing a few plants.

Uh.....DITTO! :thumbsu:

Archived