Hot Shot Pest Strips....

GanjaWarrior

how do you use them? i told a buddy and he got some but he says the directions say just leave it in the room? i had told him it wasnt going to be in there forever. how do you guys use them? hang em over night? thanks for the help

i think most people hang them up but i do not use them some do

Growers should use caution when dealing with NPS because of its toxicity to humans and animals. You shouldn't use "No-Pest Strips" and other products containing Dichlorvos on flowering plants because of its chance of leaving residual amounts of the active ingredient on your plants. Dichlorvos (The active chemical in No-Pest Strips) is considered a carcinogen and if used with your plants, it should only be used in the vegetation cycle and plants rinsed with water before flowering so you dont have a chance of leaving chemical residue on your harvest if possible. The active chemical (Dichlorvos) can be rinsed off and breaks-down in water but is also a dangerous insecticide and should NOT be used in living areas where people have a chance to inhale the chemical. (People growing in their homes with children, pets etc.)

If you have fish, dogs, cats, or children that you care about, I would NOT use this in your grow/home. I am a licensed pesticide applicator and kinda know what I am talking about.

Info about Dichlorvos:

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts88.html

"Dichlorvos does not appear to accumulate in plants, fish, or animals."(Quoted from the link left by herbanledgendseeds http://www.atsdr.cdc.../tfacts88.html) The document seems to contradict itself

I think they are referring to building up within the body... The chemical does not stay within the body it get's flushed out... That doesn't mean that it will not have an impact on the body as it passes through.. A grower should exhibit some caution using in the bloom room.. If you need it you NEED IT.. But I wouldn't constantly use them in a grow either veg or bloom.. A properly done flower room that is kept to very clean standards should vary rarely to never have a bug issue.. But it does happen.. Peace, Love, and Big Bug Free Buds wow say that 3 times fast... tangled my tongue all up...:P

Archived