Looking For A Caregiver

lawschool2013

Hi... I am a newly qualified patient who is looking for a caregiver. I suffer from severe nausea and chronic pain related to a gastrointestinal disorder and am using medicinal marijuana to help relieve those symptoms. I am also an incoming law student in Lansing Michigan, i plan on concentrating on public interest law. As a self supporting student I do rely almost totally on student loans for income. The assistant of the doctor I saw to be qualified automatically filled in his own mother as my caregiver on my forms while I was in seeing the doctor, I should have dealt with it then, but i did not and now i have found her to be of overpriced or out of stock. I have turned to a dispensary which i am happy with but i simply cannot afford the dispensary prices. I have seen caregivers on this forum who offer a free oz a month along with $275 an oz on top of that. This seems like a reasonable agreement to me. I would be happy to work out another similar agreement as well. Let me know if you can help me...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi... I am a newly qualified patient who is looking for a caregiver. I suffer from severe nausea and chronic pain related to a gastrointestinal disorder and am using medicinal marijuana to help relieve those symptoms. I am also an incoming law student in Lansing Michigan, i plan on concentrating on public interest law. As a self supporting student I do rely almost totally on student loans for income. The assistant of the doctor I saw to be qualified automatically filled in his own mother as my caregiver on my forms while I was in seeing the doctor, I should have dealt with it then, but i did not and now i have found her to be of overpriced or out of stock. I have turned to a dispensary which i am happy with but i simply cannot afford the dispensary prices. I have seen caregivers on this forum who offer a free oz a month along with $275 an oz on top of that. This seems like a reasonable agreement to me. I would be happy to work out another similar agreement as well. Let me know if you can help me...

In my personal Opinion giving away meds is a sign of being desperate. I charge 250.00 an oz for mine. My strains are available on my about me page. Most guys that give away free Oz are trying to turn illegal to legal or just using you for plant count to re-sell to the BLACK MARKET. Base don current energy costs and labor and material costs giving away TOP QUALITY is not feasible for most of us seasoned CG's that procure Quality medicine. Newbies seem to be doing anything to grab patients and end up losing them because they crop dookie. I have had patients tell me their Cg's meds sucked compared to mine. And that is not a lie or marketing ploy. Some people are new to the industry and freebies is soo desperate it just reeks of something wrong. Hey let's be real the only thing free is the air we breathe everything else in life pretty much has some cost associated to it...well maybe not love but in some cases it does..lol

Dont let Dlovas scare you Lawschool

There are several LEGIT caregivers that give free meds without sacrificing quality or selling to black market. Some people primarily grow for themselves and just have enough extra overages to give without having to charge alot.

Go to a compassion club you will find a good caregiver that can get your business without BASHING others like DVOLAS did.

Good Luck.

There are several LEGIT caregivers that give free meds without sacrificing quality or selling to black market. Some people primarily grow for themselves and just have enough extra overages to give without having to charge alot.

Go to a compassion club you will find a good caregiver that can get your business without BASHING others like DVOLAS did.

Good Luck.

Hey Glaucoma how bout sinnce ur MR. FREE POT can u give some of ur FREE stuff..? LIke I said there are costs to everything in life. If ur such a nice guy give him a free OZ from your stash.....NO your not a pot kitchen.....? Look on this site I have two patients that left newbie CG's that were giving free meds away and guess what they had no idea what they were doing. They enticed them with free meds or some other Gimmick. Soils has a cost, so does labor and at the alarming rate that cops are busting Patients you sure as heck better believe I am not in the position to play Mr FREEBIE. Maybe the guy will get lucky...but most of us seasoned growers laugh at getting free meds to a capable person that can pay.

Guest Medicinal Patient
Posted Today, 04:31 PM

View Postglaucoma1, on 25 July 2010 - 03:57 PM, said:

Good Luck.

Hey Glaucoma how bout sinnce ur MR. FREE POT can u give some of ur FREE stuff..? LIke I said there are costs to everything in life. If ur such a nice guy give him a free OZ from your stash.....NO your not a pot kitchen.....? Look on this site I have two patients that left newbie CG's that were giving free meds away and guess what they had no idea what they were doing. They enticed them with free meds or some other Gimmick. Soils has a cost, so does labor and at the alarming rate that cops are busting Patients you sure as heck better believe I am not in the position to play Mr FREEBIE. Maybe the guy will get lucky...but most of us seasoned growers laugh at getting free meds to a capable person that can pay.

As a "seasoned grower" such as yourself, what is the approx amount produced from each of the 12 plants that get pushed thru the rotation to completion and how long on average does this take to get 12 thru? There certainly must be overages that could be transferred to other caregivers, patients, and dispensary's to cover their growing costs and the oz donated to the patient monthly. It should not be unrealistic to receive an oz donated monthly if you are low-no income and then the caregiver can transfer the overages to whomever legal they wish. There was a news report on tv recently that caregivers should average 40grand per year. So over time when the caregiver is up and running smoothly that they could make a decent living transferring all these overages. You can't pretend it's not the case. Lets not kid ourselves here. I have zero income and unable to work. So I need a caregiver that is compassionate and willing to donate an oz monthly. Not all caregivers who offer free meds are a fluke. Because I sense there is alot more like me then the patients able to pony up 250 to you for every oz. I am sure its worth it but its not feesable for alot of us. That doesn't mean we should suffer. Check out petoskeystoned thread requesting help up north and you can see the results http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/21455-we-need-meds-up-here/ and Bubblegrowers thread asking if you are in need of meds. Peace

Guest Medicinal Patient

Good Luck.

Hey,

I was a long time lurker for over a year and I pretty much stayed in the background on the other site when the wifey was hospitalized and I often wonder how well she recovered and how she is doin now. Can ya give us any updates? Hope to see ya around more. Peace

As a "seasoned grower" such as yourself, what is the approx amount produced from each of the 12 plants that get pushed thru the rotation to completion and how long on average does this take to get 12 thru? There certainly must be overages that could be transferred to other caregivers, patients, and dispensary's to cover their growing costs and the oz donated to the patient monthly. It should not be unrealistic to receive an oz donated monthly if you are low-no income and then the caregiver can transfer the overages to whomever legal they wish. There was a news report on tv recently that caregivers should average 40grand per year. So over time when the caregiver is up and running smoothly that they could make a decent living transferring all these overages. You can't pretend it's not the case. Lets not kid ourselves here. I have zero income and unable to work. So I need a caregiver that is compassionate and willing to donate an oz monthly. Not all caregivers who offer free meds are a fluke. Because I sense there is alot more like me then the patients able to pony up 250 to you for every oz. I am sure its worth it but its not feesable for alot of us. That doesn't mean we should suffer. Check out petoskeystoned thread requesting help up north and you can see the results http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/21455-we-need-meds-up-here/ and Bubblegrowers thread asking if you are in need of meds. Peace

There are a lot of compassionate people who read these pages and do great things behind the scenes, everyday.

I dont measure the cost, just the rewards

Positive rep to you :goodjob:

Hey,

I was a long time lurker for over a year and I pretty much stayed in the background on the other site when the wifey was hospitalized and I often wonder how well she recovered and how she is doin now. Can ya give us any updates? Hope to see ya around more. Peace

She has recovered and is doing pretty good thank you so much for asking. We became self sufficient and have had great success in that department.

Aren't most of us are new to this? If youre not, then you are just coming up from underground likely. If youre grow is perfect, you have been growing a long time illegally or are well off enough that you were able to start your grow room off right, not having to tinker or compromise. I give away free meds after a grow cycle has completed, after the patient has signed. until then, my price is your price, delivered. After the grow cycle is complete, you recieve meds free of charge. more is 200. Why wouldn't you?

I have never lost a patient, even after being raided. Even after they may be outed to get me through this. Caregivers, take the time. Patients, give us time. Most caregivers that i have met are patients too, so two hats have to be worn. I certainly care about low prices, quality smoke, and patients rights. At the same time, we Caregivers need to be supported in that we need to survive financially while at the same time being compassionate and fair. We cant do it free. And we shouldnt have to.

are all of you haters possibly confusing the original post with maybe a "buy one get one free for $225-$275 once a month and if you need more we can discuss"??.... a good idea that i have seen on MMMA more than once???

because if you are hating on that idea im done with this site.

this guarantees a patient 2 oz of meds for 225-275 and it gives the c.g. peace of mind knowing that he has some pennies coming in for the bills.

wtf?

are all of you haters possibly confusing the original post with maybe a "buy one get one free for $225-$275 once a month and if you need more we can discuss"??.... a good idea that i have seen on MMMA more than once???

because if you are hating on that idea im done with this site.

this guarantees a patient 2 oz of meds for 225-275 and it gives the c.g. peace of mind knowing that he has some pennies coming in for the bills.

wtf?

AAAAAAA MMMMMM EEEEE NNNNN BROTHER :bow:

But please dont leave , Your stronger than that :gym:

In my personal Opinion giving away meds is a sign of being desperate.

Not another give me free weed post,,,,, Really ??????? Can I have free stuff too ????????????

If ya want it free or close to it then grow it your self and stop beggin...

Can I have some for free ?????

ok mezz

come in here bashing a brand new member asking for help......... sick

sick sick sick.............. and all he was asking for was the best for him and his new c.g.

sick sick sick.

i will start deleting posts as i please until i get banned myself. whatever it takes to protect this community........... or im not going to be a part of it.

sick, sick, puke

maybe i can help email me lag9662@yahoo.com

Not another give me free weed post,,,,, Really ??????? Can I have free stuff too ????????????

If ya want it free or close to it then grow it your self and stop beggin...

Can I have some for free ?????

Wow just wow

So what exactly do they do in these "compassion " clubs as i have never attended one?

ok............... these are the specific azzholes mezz

Afternoon,

I would tend to agree with you. It is something that will continue to occur as the 2 forces crash on the shore like waves. The 2 forces I am referring to are the free market entrepreneurs and compassionate caregivers wrestling with the grey areas of the law. As can be witnessed all over the country, there are folks jumping on the train to use the MMJ laws strictly for profit, and all that matters to them is the bottom line. Then there are folks that are at the other end of the spectrum that got involved because of the patients, regardless of costs (time and money).

I am not suggesting that there is anything wrong with either reason, and I also know that those are the extremes and are not mutually exclusive. In other words I can understand why in the economic climate somebody would want to try and make a bit of money in a relatively new (legal again) industry (market) with huge potential for growth (pardon the pun). This leads us to asking ourselves and others "what is a reasonable price?", there is no simple answer to that question as each and every case has very different circumstances. Then add into that the fact that most pricing is based on black market prices (i.e. the med are of better quality than what is available on the black market, therefore they must cost more). From my layman's understanding of the way the law is written, we (caregivers) are allowed to charge a reasonable fee for time, procurement, delivery and other expenses, NOT for the medicine itself (I could be wrong in my understanding). What most of the business types keep forgetting is that if not for the patient(s) they would not be able to grow legally. Further the law, provides for there to be a total of 5oz of proccessed per patient/cg (2.5 oz each)at a given time, which leads me to believe that at the very least seems to be a better starting point (2.5 oz) for what should be provided for whatever fees are charged. I mean what does it cost to run a decent rig with nutrients? Maybe $100-$200 a month? And that would be enough to cover a couple(few) of patients, with plenty of overages. especially with a perpetual harvest.

In summary, those in it for the business side of it need to remember the very real truth that without the patients there is no legal market or crop, and that the most successful businesses are those that are compassionate to those in need.

For the record, I became involved with MMJ to help a very close loved one get the meds they require to function with a reasonable quality of life. I am a simple old Marine and pastor who is interested in helping in the healing both physically and spirtitually.

God Bless all of you,

RevThad

P.S. Thanks BubbleGrower for the great grow logs and inspiration.

Archived