Looking For A Caregiver

lawschool2013

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:sword: tired........... but fighting

BG. I've been here since the first day of the MMMA. I don't post alot because the good people, such as yourself, pretty much got things covered. I have learned one thing here. there are PLENTY of a-holes lurking around here and if you let them get to you, your done. Let them have their opinion, lead by example! a fight over giving free meds to the sick seems pointless

p.s.

+rep rev

may the lord be with you and yours.

may he bless you and keep you, may he make his face shine upon you and be gracious unto you.

Ah, I thank you for the good wishes. It seems they have paid off, I just got called to come in for an interview, today. Nothing fancy, but it is a job.

Hehe, the way things have been going I was starting to wonder if I was related to Job. Trials and tribulations surrounded by many blessings. Just the cycle of things I guess.

BTW, Keep up the great work you are doing for others. Those blessing will be back upon you like the growth spurt during the flowering stretch.

Will shoot ya a PM later, had a question for ya.

are all of you haters possibly confusing the original post with maybe a "buy one get one free for $225-$275 once a month and if you need more we can discuss"??.... a good idea that i have seen on MMMA more than once???

because if you are hating on that idea im done with this site.

this guarantees a patient 2 oz of meds for 225-275 and it gives the c.g. peace of mind knowing that he has some pennies coming in for the bills.

wtf?

Thank You! I really wasn't trying to be unreasonable or demanding free medicine, I was just looking for someone who would be willing to work around a very low budget.

My idea regarding free meds is simply that if I charge say, 250 per ounce, each ounce, what happens when my patient whom just had 47 tumors removed from his neck can't afford the meds this month? Too bad? Nope. Free is the way to be. And the second one should be free too. I mean cmon, 2 ounces per month would be about 4 plants per patient per harvest, leaving you 8 to sell. That's a pound every harvest. EACH patient. Be compassionate peeps, it'll all work out in the end.

The fact of the matter is this...If you are a caregiver who wants to give away free meds that is your business. Some caregivers can afford to do this while others can not. For a patient to expect that their meds should be free just because they give you their plant rights is wrong to me. I have sat down with prospective patients who were asking for up to an ounce a week...FREE! I dont care who you are, but there is no reason no way or no how that you are using and ounce a week of high quality medicinal grade for personal use, if you are then you are either wasting it or you have a VERY bad habit that goes above and beyond medical use. This is either being diverted to the black market or used to make a profit yourself. There are a lot of overhead costs involved in growing high quality medicine and patients need to understand this. If you think that $250 an ounce is unreasonable then try paying street prices. $400 an ounce on the low side. Im all for working with patients individual needs whether this requires a free ounce here and there or lower costs for a period of time. But not and ounce a week or even two free ounces a month. Before everyone puts me on the cross know this...I have donated my fair share of meds to low income patients but I want to be compensated for my time and my effort...is that so bad? This is not directed toward any particular poster...Just my feeling and opinion on the subject.

I dont care who you are, but there is no reason no way or no how that you are using and ounce a week of high quality medicinal grade for personal use, if you are then you are either wasting it or you have a VERY bad habit that goes above and beyond medical use.

you could not be more wrong. medibles, simpson oil .............. ect.

bad bad post on your part. dont forget, some cant smoke it and must ingest in other ways.

Bubblegrower,

Indeed. Almost every recipe I have read, states at least a 1/4 ounce is required with many of those leaning towards 1/2 ounce or more; just for a single batch of medibles. I haven't done anything with infusing oils (topical) but I am guessing they probably run around the same?

MasterKush,

Don't get me wrong, I am all for somebody being compensated for their hard work and ingenuity. Capitalism and the free market are beautiful things when allowed to move up or down freely. That being said, the current pricing points for a gram or an ounce seems to be coming from a baseline of what the blackmarket is charging for an inferior comparible. Let's at least speak honestly about costs. I would in my opinion and experience say the average cost with a 1000 watt setup over hydro with nutrients is in the neighborhood of $50 or so per ounce produced (now that is assuming that you are only getting around 1-1.5 oz per plant, if you harvest more the cost goes down). That figure doesn't take into account one's time and energy, which is definitely worth something. So what's a fair hourly rate, for the sake of simplicity lets say $10 hour. Personally I put in about 30 hours a month just on maintaining the girls, and a few more during harvest time so lets just say 50 hours a month? Or about 200 hours per crop x $10 = $2000 divided by the harvest 12 plants @ 2 ounces each or $2000 /24 = $84 per ounce produced. Now remember if you do better than 2 ounces per plant the cost goes down. So we are looking at $50 + $84 = $134/ounce... and that is with labor included. Hmmm, so you want to make $20 an hour okay even at that figure you are just hitting the $216 per ounce range.

But hell what do I know, reasonable is a subjective term.

I wish you both well,

RevThad

Bubblegrower...I am not talking about medibles and tinctures. Im talking about useable marijuana in bud form. I make oils salves tinctures and medibles and know what it takes. These patients arent asking for medical marijuana in this form...If a patient needs to smoke a quarter pound of useable marijuana in one month...to each there own...but to expect it for free is something different. By the wayyy... most of your oils and salves can be produced in high quality form with close trim off the bud and loose airy popcorn buds. The topical potency is still high quality.

For you to say I made a bad bad post is a little out of line when this wasnt directed towards you or the original poster, just my thoughts on the subject. Being a Moderator and all you should use a little discretion when making posts such as yours on the previous page of this thread.

RevThad... is that $84 an ounce figure you came up with what you charge for finished product? If so I might as well quit growing and buy it from you...That figure doesnt take a lot into account. For example...Initial investment for the equiptment I use...about $10,000 rounded down. Electric...$750 a month with regular AC usuage. House and Garden Nutrients...about $300 for a 12 week Kit. Mortgage...$850. The list goes on and on...

Like I said earlier this isnt a personal attack on anyone. I have a lot of respect for all you guys...especially you bubblegrower. Everyone appreciates what you do with your help threads. Just a little irritated with your response.

The fact of the matter is this...If you are a caregiver who wants to give away free meds that is your business. Some caregivers can afford to do this while others can not. For a patient to expect that their meds should be free just because they give you their plant rights is wrong to me. I have sat down with prospective patients who were asking for up to an ounce a week...FREE! I dont care who you are, but there is no reason no way or no how that you are using and ounce a week of high quality medicinal grade for personal use, if you are then you are either wasting it or you have a VERY bad habit that goes above and beyond medical use. This is either being diverted to the black market or used to make a profit yourself. There are a lot of overhead costs involved in growing high quality medicine and patients need to understand this. If you think that $250 an ounce is unreasonable then try paying street prices. $400 an ounce on the low side. Im all for working with patients individual needs whether this requires a free ounce here and there or lower costs for a period of time. But not and ounce a week or even two free ounces a month. Before everyone puts me on the cross know this...I have donated my fair share of meds to low income patients but I want to be compensated for my time and my effort...is that so bad? This is not directed toward any particular poster...Just my feeling and opinion on the subject.

here here

420Free

What you might find is that you can not afford free...

Ron Klug...you left me hanging and wont respond to ANY posts.....WTF????? AT this point I think all you are is a bill board for Komorn's adventures. There is another one who wont return a phone call....I thought you were better than that.......skid....ps...my number is still the same...

For you to say I made a bad bad post is a little out of line when this wasnt directed towards you or the original poster, just my thoughts on the subject. Being a Moderator and all you should use a little discretion when making posts such as yours on the previous page of this thread.

Bubblegrower...I am not talking about medibles and tinctures. Im talking about useable marijuana in bud form.

then you probably should have never made the off-topic post.

you just defined a bad post for me. off-topic, not directed at the original poster, and very confusing since you didnt specify. i like my meds in bud form...... because i like to make my own edibles. so does a lot of other folks............ so?

yup, bad post :) i stand behind my words.

sorry, not attacking you............ just defending me :)

420Free

What you might find is that you can not afford free... RON KLUG....you left me hanging in the breeze.....You and Mr Komorn left me hanging when I needed help...thanks for NOTHING...I think you are his spokesmodel he is an opportunist.............prove me wrong......thanks for NOTHING...

innocent until proven guilty my azz.........

Dude, Tell it how it is., We'll stand behind whats right.

what all equip do you have avaliable, I am wanting to start a Cc of a sort maybe, and may have 2-3 more pateints., in need of any type of donation, for they are most all low-no income families....any help would be greatly appreciated

RevThad... is that $84 an ounce figure you came up with what you charge for finished product? If so I might as well quit growing and buy it from you...That figure doesnt take a lot into account. For example...Initial investment for the equiptment I use...about $10,000 rounded down. Electric...$750 a month with regular AC usuage. House and Garden Nutrients...about $300 for a 12 week Kit. Mortgage...$850. The list goes on and on...

Like I said earlier this isnt a personal attack on anyone. I have a lot of respect for all you guys...especially you bubblegrower. Everyone appreciates what you do with your help threads. Just a little irritated with your response.

The $84 figure was an average of the labor costs (purely labor) per ounce produced @ $10/hour and at only 24 ounces per harvest. As I stated in my last post even with a harvest of only 24 ounces the cost per ounce produced would be in the neighborhood of $134 per ounce (which includes labor); and moved up to $216 per ounce if one wanted to get paid $20/hour. If the harvest is more bountiful that cost would come down.

Further, I understand that there are folks running some really nice and expensive grow rooms, and I would assume that their harvests would be significantly bigger (if not then what is the point of the expenditure). With that assumption and your statement that an oz a week is too much for any patient, that would leave a whole lot of overages that aren't going to patients. One could suggest that those overages would be enough to pay for the initial investment, costs of the grow, and a bit of spending cash.

I am not casting judgements, and definitely am in favor of whatever works between a patient and caregiver as long as the patient is having their needs met. I even hope that you achieve whatever goals you have set. That being said I just hope that we as a whole do not become like the pharmas, where the bottomline comes before the needs of our own patients. Then again I suppose those types will just shop around for patients with 6 figure incomes so this discussion would become moot.

I wish you well,

RevThad

P.S. I am not aiming this at you in particular, just trying to get the discussion started on the differences between compassion and corporation. Oh and I do understand your position.

Dude, Tell it how it is., We'll stand behind whats right.

what all equip do you have avaliable, I am wanting to start a Cc of a sort maybe, and may have 2-3 more pateints., in need of any type of donation, for they are most all low-no income families....any help would be greatly appreciated

i just promised a TON of stuff to the northerners.

is there something specific you need?

only the 2nd time i have stepped "out of line" on this site.

and IMO its not really out of line, its just different from my normal. i stick to the grow room. thats who i am and what i do.

but to see the sickness that was spewed in this thread yesterday made me wonder...................... BUT........................

its over. all is good. the problems were fixed via blueberry and we can all honestly move on.

i will do what i do, and continue to do it until i am kicked off this forum. and i do not see that happening anytime soon per the praises i received from bb this morning.

IMHO, $200 per ounce, $75 per quarter, $15 per gram, etc. and up are full retail prices and a patient should never pay full retail directly from the grower.

The patient should ask any potential caregiver: "You get 12 more plants added to your garden - what's in it for me?" Aside from paying full retail.

IMHO, $200 per ounce, $75 per quarter, $15 per gram, etc. and up are full retail prices and a patient should never pay full retail directly from the grower.

The patient should ask any potential caregiver: "You get 12 more plants added to your garden - what's in it for me?" Aside from paying full retail.

i feel the love...its real nice to think that, to even say it. But then theres always that pesky reality thing. If you really think 200 for an o of grade a meds is that outrageous heres what id like to do...id love to sign all my stuff over to u...we and my (soon to be urs) patients will be needing an o a week. for free since u can grow my plants... and we like to keep track of ur overage, if you have extras you can sell from growing my plants i want half, beside you should feel very lucky to be growing these.

200 an o comes out to a bit over 7 dollars a gram....no go to a dispensary and see what they charge. thats why they r retail. so you will grow for free and pay me for the priv of growing them right? ill call and we can sign papers bring a pile with ya my head hurts. lol :rolleyes:

Well when the laws says I as a caregiver can get rid of all extras to dispen, than you may have some bargining ground as a patient. Right now it is too much too risk.

Archived