Mdch Encourages Judges To Break The Law!

peanutbutter

"shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner"

The MDCH has encouraged the Judges of the State of Michigan to violate the rights of a class of patients under our Medical Marijuana law.

First and foremost, they have failed to express the protections afforded to patients that are on probation and/or parole within the state of Michigan.

In addition to failing to protect these patients, they have encouraged Judges and prosecutors within the state to violate such patient rights.

Here is the published statement from the MDCH

Question: Can I use marihuana while on parole/probation if I have an MMMP card?

Answer: The authorities that are responsible for your probation/parole/post-prison supervision can impose restrictions on your possession and use of medical marihuana as a condition of your supervision, even if you have a valid MMMP card.

Here is what the law says

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege,

The two are in direct conflict. There is no place within the medical marijuana law that provides exceptions in the case of probation and/or parole violations. None at all.

This published statement, by the MDCH is in direct violation of the law.

The MDCH has encouraged the Judges of the State of Michigan to violate the rights of a class of patients under our Medical Marijuana law.

First and foremost, they have failed to express the protections afforded to patients that are on probation and/or parole within the state of Michigan.

In addition to failing to protect these patients, they have encouraged Judges and prosecutors within the state to violate such patient rights.

Specifically how have they encouraged them? Edit: I see you followed it up. Thanks.

Specifically how have they encouraged them? Edit: I see you followed it up. Thanks.

They have published a false statement.

That false statement has caused persons within the State of Michigan to be arrested, prosecuted and penalized when the law says they are not subject to such.

They need to fix what they have done.

They need to work to end the damage they promoted.

They have published a false statement.

That false statement has caused persons within the State of Michigan to be arrested, prosecuted and penalized when the law says they are not subject to such.

They need to fix what they have done.

They need to work to end the damage they promoted.

i will send this post to them if it's OK with you

Malfeasants!

(Don't get me started! Oops! Too late!)

The NAZIS!

:angry:

FREE The CURE!

You tell 'em, PB!

:sword:

Slay 'em with the "Sword of Truth".

Be sure to include the topic of probation and/or parole.

Note that it is within the Q&A and not the rules themselves.

There are a lot of persons that have had their rights violated this way. Persons that have gone to jail.

PB,

Thank you for clearing this matter up. I feel like a donkey I posted a couple replys with that Q&A. I am glad you have the knowledge to know better.

Peace,

Mary J

PB,

Thank you for clearing this matter up. I feel like a donkey I posted a couple replys with that Q&A. I am glad you have the knowledge to know better.

Peace,

Mary J

People can only teach what they know ..

There's no shame in not knowing something.

A shame evolves when the person makes a decision to remain unlearned.

Could someone give Mary a + rep for me? I'm out of ammo for the day :)

People can only teach what they know ..

There's no shame in not knowing something.

A shame evolves when the person makes a decision to remain unlearned.

Could someone give Mary a + rep for me? I'm out of ammo for the day :)

I sure would, and yours as well ...

But "mission control" didn't supply me with enough "+" signs to share either!

I'm also out. : (

But, at least in this case, it IS The THOUGHT that counts.

Until I can get some more "+" signs to give out, to all the many deserving "Freedom Warriors" like you all ...

Here's a bunch for you to share:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (etc...)

Thanks!

Be FREE!

Thanks ALL

They need to do everything they can to undo any possibility of damage they have done.

They need to encourage the examination of every probation violation that has taken place in Michigan since 12/4/2009.

Corrective information needs to be issued to every judge, magistrate and prosecutor within Michigan.

Advertising time may need to be purchased, by the MDCH, to inform the public of their rights. And to inform former and past defendants of their civil rights having been violated.

This needs to be fixed now!

Here is the published statement from the MDCH

Question: Can I use marihuana while on parole/probation if I have an MMMP card?

Answer: The authorities that are responsible for your probation/parole/post-prison supervision can impose restrictions on your possession and use of medical marihuana as a condition of your supervision, even if you have a valid MMMP card.

Here is what the law says

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege,

The two are in direct conflict. There is no place within the medical marijuana law that provides exceptions in the case of probation and/or parole violations. None at all.

This published statement, by the MDCH is in direct violation of the law. I have been saying this all along. And i would also say it would go with being fired also.

They are doing what have been trying to do from the begining...

Legislation by committee

They end up making the reality people deal with

They tried with the Administrative rules...now city councils are doing it

There's the law...then there's the application of the law

These committes are making up how the law is applied...2, 3, maybe 10 people

I've been wondering how this works as well. The prosecutor in Clare mentioned revoking of cards while on probation just the other day. I know the same thing happens to some pharmaceuticals as well. Where's an attorney when you need one?

We can't forget this:

No other medical substance has its very own law.

And that law is very different than the Controlled Substance Act.

It is intended to set people free. Not put them in jail.

What would be an effective way to put the pressure on MDCH? If writing letters, calling, e-mailing would help, let's do it, if that fails, then we have to take it to a higher level. It seems to me the MDCH doesn't want MM to succeed, but they're stuck with it, so once again the ppl have to make those who are supposed to be doing their job, do their job right. If they can't do their job right they should get the heck outta there.

Sb

I completely agree. It’s wrong. It is a lack of respect for the law. When judges intentionally ignore the law and not be held accountable, they are no longer in position to be judicial figures. They have forgotten what they stand for and what they represent. I had to do a paper for one of my college classes so I sat in courtrooms many times and saw how some judges were abusing and discriminating against people that legally got MM cards (and a few other things). I also learned so much about court stuff that I had no clue about. Even after my class was over, I continued to sit in different courtrooms the next semester whenever my schedule would allow me to. I learned much more than I was expecting to. I could not believe people go to court looking like slobs or like they are going to a dorm beer party bar-b-q.

Most of your Average Joe marijuana cases seem to be in a district court. A suggestion is that everyone sends letters to courthouses addressed to each judge. Piles and piles of well written respected letters, that have been proof read, every day and at the bottom of that letter write a short sentence in the left corner saying that you have also sent a copy of that exact letter to the governor, and every local and nation wide news media, so that each named judge is aware that you are bringing what he is doing to the attention of the governor, and everyone one else, every time the judge is sent a letter.

How about FAXING it. The judges, governor and their staff will get tired of those who are repeatedly and hopefully in large numbers exercising their constitutional rights with elected people, especially judges, that are supposed to be facilitators of UNBIASED justice.

Maybe even request for people who have been mistreated by a judge to give that judges name and maybe even the city attorney's name. It can be checked and verified because court cases are considered to be public record anyway. I just don't know how to get access to that public record, but I am thinking others here do.

I could be wrong but isn't there a leader judge to every courthouse? Maybe that is the judge to focus on every day.......Hey, after playing on Google I came across this interesting link:

http://courts.michig...rs/trialdir.htm

that link gives the names of all judges in Michigan. Place your cursor over the county and click on it.

When I looked through a website about the Michigan Supreme Court I found this cool information:

http://courts.michigan.gov/supremecourt/Resources/Administrative/PH.htm

about public hearings. I had no idea the Michigan Supreme Court offered public hearings to “We the people” seeking input.

I will quote a blurb on that page: “ Public Administrative Hearings provide an opportunity for the public to express its views and comments about proposals that the Court is considering. These public hearings are held at least three times annually (see Administrative Order No. 1997-11). The Notice of Public Administrative Hearing identifies agenda items, explains how to sign up to speak at the hearing, and provides the time and date of the hearing.” They have the date of the next public hearing scheduled on September 15th.

HOLY GOLD MINE!!!! I feel like I struck gold!!!! I found this link and started reading through it last night and even started falling asleep reading it but it’s full of info that everyone should be aware of!!! It’s a little weird to get used to at first and a little in the ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz (snoring) zone, but it is knowledge that can make a person powerful if they have to go to court!!!!!! It's better then nothing. I followed links from the Michigan appeals court website. Check out this link:

http://coa.courts.mi.gov/rules/

It's a link that tells the way a court and courtroom must operate, without question. I scrolled down and clicked on the link that talked about district courts AND the link for criminal procedures.

Wouldn't that be a "grass roots", campaign? You honestly think a judge wants his name flying across the governor's desk (and the local and nation wide tv news) every day because people are saying he is not following the law?????? Do you think the governor wants his own name flying across the media, as a coward, who allows discrimination and abuse against sick and injured human beings who legally can use a recognize medication and that the governor does nothing about judges who abuse and discriminate against sick and injured patients that can use a legally recognized medication????? These are elected people who care about how the public perceives them. If thousands of people have their MM card, and thousands more are waiting for their MM cards, and thousands more are going to apply for MM cards, those numbers add up. You don't even have to be an MM patient, just care about justice. A governor does not like bad publicity and will try to stop the problem, not because the governor actually cares, but because he wants to stay in office or seek a higher political position. I suspect judges do not like bad publicity because I don’t see judges in the news. If judges are doing this, why is there no media attention on it? Edward Bulwer-Lytton said, "The pen is mightier than the sword,"

I would like to add, in my long winded dissertation that probably one person took the time to partially skim, that there once was a man NOT from Nantucket...but from long ago. He was a little guy who was not wealthy and at first not powerful. He didn’t dress in fancy clothes, he didn’t have a fancy car, and he didn’t come from a family that donated large sums of money to political parties, but this guy knew how to get powerful people and powerful governments to listen. Both of his parents died when he was young. He was often beaten up, thrown off of trains, repeatedly jailed wrongfully.

This guy was also discriminated against, repeatedly, because he looked different, because he thought differently, because sometimes he wore a turban instead looking like a traditional politician, because the food he ate was different, because the religion he chose was different, because, because, because, and many tried to make him feel like a third class dog.

Instead of this victim of abuse and injustice going postal and shooting up a place or people, he showed the world he was smarter than all of them. His courage and motivation from in his heart allowed him to lead THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of people, bringing awareness to injustice. This simple little non violent guy shook powerful governments. In an autobiography this guy was quoted for saying, "When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall — think of it, always." Some know him by the name of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, but most of us know him as "Gandhi". If this guy who was not looking to make a buck off of others was able to have TENS OF THOUSANDS of people wanting to follow him, and if he could change laws, and shake governments of wealthy powerful men, why can't we do what we can, the right and lawful way, and make sure judges, and other people with egos, stop discriminating against MM patients in a non violent way?

Gandhi was powerful because people learned he was a person to respect and trust because Gandhi never looked to capitalize on what he felt in his heart was the right thing to do for himself and for his fellow man. Gandhi never gave up and Gandhi didn’t have a scheme going to make lots of money under the angle to only appear he was fighting injustice. Gandhi didn’t take bribes and Gandhi could not be bought or corrupted. Gandhi also didn’t sit around only complaining about injustice, he took action in a civilized way and he didn’t run away when he was bullied. That is power.

Martin Luther King learned from the writings of Gandhi in developing his own theories about non-violent ways to fight injustice. Gandhi and Albert Einstein wrote each other. Albert Einstein, who respected Gandhi and was deeply saddened when he learned of Gandhi's death, wrote Gandhi was “a role model for generations to come".

I believe a way for people who are being victimized is to help people become aware of their rights, of the law, of how to make changes in a respectable lawful way. I also believe it is important to send a message about how even if one is bullied and tried to make to go away, that there are thousands of others able to step up to the plate, showing how people abusing their positions cannot make it go away until the wrong has been made right and the only way to make it go away is to play fair and that nobody is above the law because “We the people” are watching, aware, and watching out for not just ourselves but for others who are wrongfully being treated with injustice.

Jennifer8 WOW! Thank you for posting that court info and encouraging ppl to get active.

They say, knowledge is power. We must know our rights. If we're gonna fight for our rights, we first must know what those rights are and how we can make sure those rights are honored. Writing letters is a very powerful thing. Many don't have the time or the patience to sit in a courtroom, but for those who do I really appreciate the time they take in doing so. Thank you for sharing your experiences. I'd love to help Jb write a letter and post it here for input. If we could get enough ppl to write letters, especially those who've seen these judges abuse in action, it'd shine some light on this stuff that seems to be happening in too many places. It's so sad that those in power are so easily swayed towards corruption. The media needs to know what's going on. Those in power usually have huge egos and as you said they wouldn't like the bad press. The media attention given the July 21st protest,, for example, has shed some light on the situation in Saginaw and now the sheriff is feeling the heat. Riding around in that mustang is becoming his undoing, though that's only part of his crimes. On Wed night during the radio show Michael K is on, I heard someone say there are some outside our movement calling for the sheriff's resignation because of that mustang. The media is a very powerful tool, we can use it to our advantage. I haven't had much luck with newspapers, but maybe if enough ppl send letters, the papers will have to give us some attention.

EVERYONE, all the victims of this cruel, unjust war, write in blogs, write wherever you can, tell the world your story, you've seen a LOT of abuse- it's time to make it STOP. Many voices together WILL be heard!

Sincerely, Sb

Ok, dig this. I just took a few minutes to surf using google...I find this coloring book for children, which is nice, offered by the Michigan State Police.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/Publications/ChildSafetyColoring.pdf

Coloring page number 17 is interesting. So why are law abiding citizens either punished for it or judicially preventing law abiding citizens from doing so?

Archived