Medibles Suck! Come On!

Guest drcanna-pest

Every dispensory that I've visited and thats's quite a few lately (ThankYou Michigan Voters) The Medibles are gross and don't do much, but give a headache in return. Is there a person out there who can actually make a good flavored and powerful munchie?

Every darn time the meds taste like mold and the "feeling" last a VERY short time followed by a 3 hour headache.

I have simply moved to making medibles only with tincture oil. The canna-butter doesn't last as long and you can get more out of making a tincture (you medicine goes much farther). This will also reduce the unpleasant taste which is usually somewhat there...depending on the baker.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you guys have me really wanting to try this oil.

I've never even seen it, and being a new patient, have not been to the dispensaries yet.

Can you tell me how much the oil runs and for how much?

Also, if you started off with 1/2 oz of buds, how much oil would you end up making (how many doses worth?)

i lived in arizona the majority of last year and got cheesecake edibles from a friend attending ASU from san diego. i ate half of the first just to see what would come, 5 hours later i finally decided to eat the other half. they were delicious and extremely potent. mmmmm

medicated cheesecake ......... i am drooling here :devil:

Yes its all in the THC content and the technique. My wife makes awesome edibles that make you feel euphoric, and walking"floating" on air. just watch out when you go to grab a pepsi, you might feel a headrush like when you were a kid. I see there are a few things we eat that you have NO idea it's there. I use a Oz. of cronic bud, a half of super crystal leaf , and 4 sticks of butter. just dont overheat!! Bye bye vapor"ized".

Every dispensory that I've visited and thats's quite a few lately (ThankYou Michigan Voters) The Medibles are gross and don't do much, but give a headache in return. Is there a person out there who can actually make a good flavored and powerful munchie?

Every darn time the meds taste like mold and the "feeling" last a VERY short time followed by a 3 hour headache.

Guest finallyfree09

sometimes medibles taste horrible, thats for sure. i can't get over how many people think you just toss a bag o' leaf into the brownie mix and bake it. ugh... SOOOOOOOOOOO nasty.

whip up some butter like many people here have already suggested and bake your medibles. now, here's the trick... put whatever it was that you baked into a tupperware container and let it sit for 24 hours. i have found that medibles taste a whole lot better if allowed to "cure" for a day or two. it takes the "planty" taste out.

Nemosity: ""make some oil...it's the best way to store overages..."But isn't any quantity of oil present at a raid added in with the dry usable bud? so you have't gotten rid of the overage, you have just changed its form?

When you make oil you get rid of all the leaf matter. When the leaf matter and solvent are removed an ounce of marijuana is reduced to 2 or 3 grams. You still have the active ingredients but not the weight. There would be a problem if you use tincture. This actually adds weight. What was 2 grams of bud is now 3 ounces of tincture. I'm sure LEO would say that this is 3 oz. of usable marijuana.

When you make oil you get rid of all the leaf matter. When the leaf matter and solvent are removed an ounce of marijuana is reduced to 2 or 3 grams. You still have the active ingredients but not the weight. There would be a problem if you use tincture. This actually adds weight. What was 2 grams of bud is now 3 ounces of tincture. I'm sure LEO would say that this is 3 oz. of usable marijuana.

Put your tinctures in a washed out cough syrup bottle they probably are not going to test every product in your medicine cabinet/fridge to make sure it is what it is labeled as.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of us shouldn't do medibles. I have found that a certain portion of the community aren't candidates for medibles, for a variety of reasons. I know that if I give them to my wife, I am wasting my time because no matter how strong they are, they simply don't work for her. Peace...j.b.

I think I'm the same way. No matter how many medibles I've tried from various places, I can't seem to get them to do anything tangible except make me feel ever so slightly different.

Tincture on the other hand seems to work for me. And it kicks in a lot faster!

Has anyone tried a crockpot and canola oil? I've been making this for years. 3 oz. to a 48 oz bottle of oil. If you want a heavy stone you use good bud. A mild workable high you use leaf,stems and the roots. Cook it on low, keeping the temp below 160. Strain and put back in bottle. Keep in cool dark cabinet. I use it on salads. Make cookies,brownies and any thing else that will take oil instead of butter. Bakeing temp. should never go over 300 deg. You can also put it in gel caps and take when needed. And you don't have the bad taste, actually theres no taste of the pot in the cookies or brownies. Thats what everyone has said. Butter is the same. Better bud better high. I use an oz. per lb of butter. To get rid of the green color and the chlorophyll (thats the bad taste) you just wash it a couple of times. Take out of refer and bring water to boil and put butter in the water. Then back in refer overnite and repeat. After a couple of times the butter will turn yellow again and most of the taste is gone. Just thought i'd add my 2 cents in.

Archived