Caregiver Faces Charges In Eaton County

antoniobridges

On Saturday The Grand Ledge Police took my 3 plants of meds and took them, ever after I show them all my legal paperwork. The Police found that I was legal on tuesday and could not charge me with any felony charge. This was broadcasted on Monday on Channel 6 new WLNS Lansing. The Police state that the plant would be returned and no charges filed if they found my paperwork to be legal.

On Tuesday the Eaton County proscutors Office . Issued a statement for the Channel 6 News that I now face charges for poss. of Marijuana that carry a one year in jail. On the basis that the meds were not in a locked area. The Cop came to my girlfriend house which the door was locked. I dont even live with her nor do I grow my meds there. The police found no grow items to say that I was using her house to grow or store them there. The police and county officials are very upset with the law being passed and are going to arrest and seize all are meds and grow stuff. To harrass and scare us from getting are med and caregivers to assist in providing meds to sick patients that need there meds to control there pains. I intent to fight these charges that are trumped up to scare us way from using are rights. I plan to not cop out to any charges and will let a jury show the courts and police that are meds are not crimes. We have to stand up and join this fight together if we stand apart and dont help each other out will we lose are rights and meds. Everyone thinks that this is just a quick way to get rich off of selling meds to the sick. But, other know that were are in pain and want to find other meds that dont have all the side effect that come with long term chronic treatment. I am poor and can not afford to buy my own med from other people or off the street so I chose to grow my own 3 plants.

I am asking you member to help and with the cost of getting legal help to defend my rights as a patient and caregiver. Any assistance is needed. I soon will have to turn myself in the challenge these charges remember the outcome of my caes can affect you all. Because what the police can to is take you meds and grow stuff. So please help in my fight.

Thank you MMMA memeber for you support,

Antonio Bridges

Send any donations to : Antonio Bridges

P.O. Box 74

Holt,MI 48842

On Saturday The Grand Ledge Police took my 3 plants of meds and took them, ever after I show them all my legal paperwork. The Police found that I was legal on tuesday and could not charge me with any felony charge. This was broadcasted on Monday on Channel 6 new WLNS Lansing. The Police state that the plant would be returned and no charges filed if they found my paperwork to be legal.

On Tuesday the Eaton County proscutors Office . Issued a statement for the Channel 6 News that I now face charges for poss. of Marijuana that carry a one year in jail. On the basis that the meds were not in a locked area. The Cop came to my girlfriend house which the door was locked. I dont even live with her nor do I grow my meds there. The police found no grow items to say that I was using her house to grow or store them there. The police and county officials are very upset with the law being passed and are going to arrest and seize all are meds and grow stuff. To harrass and scare us from getting are med and caregivers to assist in providing meds to sick patients that need there meds to control there pains. I intent to fight these charges that are trumped up to scare us way from using are rights. I plan to not cop out to any charges and will let a jury show the courts and police that are meds are not crimes. We have to stand up and join this fight together if we stand apart and dont help each other out will we lose are rights and meds. Everyone thinks that this is just a quick way to get rich off of selling meds to the sick. But, other know that were are in pain and want to find other meds that dont have all the side effect that come with long term chronic treatment. I am poor and can not afford to buy my own med from other people or off the street so I chose to grow my own 3 plants.

I am asking you member to help and with the cost of getting legal help to defend my rights as a patient and caregiver. Any assistance is needed. I soon will have to turn myself in the challenge these charges remember the outcome of my caes can affect you all. Because what the police can to is take you meds and grow stuff. So please help in my fight.

Antonio Bridges

P.O. Box 74

Holt,MI 48842

Antonio Bridges

P.O. Box 74

Holt,MI 48842

Antonio, were you at the protest/rally today in Pontiac? If not, it's too bad. I'm sure you could have found a lot of supporters there!

Thank you MMMA member for you support,

Antonio Bridges

P.O. Box 74

Holt,MI 48842

am sorry about what happen to you you will be fine it's going to be all right make sure and don't take a plea

mosy people do because they don't have Money and what can they do

We had a BIG event today at the Oakland Countr Court House their were lots of people their with almost the same story We are haveing another one on the 13th of Sept; come join us you will find out that their will be many their for your support

Antonio Bridges

P.O. Box 74

Holt,MI 48842

OK maybe I missed the part where the plants WERE found in a secure locked facility. You can't just put them anywhere you want in your home and lock the from door and say it is a secure locked facility. You would need an extra room in which you maybe placed bars or fencing across the windows to prevent theft along with very secure locks on the outside of the door. It's just not legal to throw some plants in your living room and lock the front door and call it "secure locked". If you had your plants in a place like I mentioned then they are not or should not get away with it.....

It's just not legal to throw some plants in your living room and lock the front door and call it "secure locked". If you had your plants in a place like I mentioned then they are not or should not get away with it.....

Hmmmm.... What if you live all by yourself. I would have to argue that if you were the only one with a key to your house and lived alone, that it is in fact a secure area.

I may be wrong, but I do believe it is open to interpretation. I think it would make the law biased against people without a lot of money. The types of protection that you listed sound pretty expensive.

I don't understand the part of the story about the police coming to his girlfriend's house.

Get a lawyer as long as the front door of this house was locked that in itself should cover the "locked secured room " part of the law.

No doubt the PA will be coming to you with a plea agreement they know you can beat this case if you fight it with a good attorney but if you plead down you are hurting yourself and everyone in the michigan medical marijuana program.

Anyone whos legal and gets harrassed needs to stand up for themselves in court .

I am going to take the opportunity to grind my private "axe" here--everyone of us should be sending $50 per ounce sold to NORML, or my preference, to MMMA to form a MM Legal Defense Fund. We need private attorneys retained who serve as co-counsel with the appointed defense attorney (given your dire financial straits one will be appointed you). MMA posters, Antonio, and others like him--there are new victims every week, due to no or low funds who end up with court appointed attorneys who need the benefit of MMMA retained attorneys who are specialits up to date in the nuances of our law and how it is being applied in similar cases across the state each week. In the November elections California voters are going to pass--among other marijuana related measures--a $50 per ounce tax. What California does, a lot of the country follows by about 15 years--example; their medical marijuana law passed 1996, ours in 2008. BUT prior to our bud being taxed by the state we need to voluntarily put the $50 per ounce toward competent legal representation that serves as co-counsel in all the "Antonio cases" that pop up across the state. A Fellow posters--there are 2 or 3 of these pleas for help each week every week. (Most recently from Trix of Warren), and there is no way we can send a contribution out to every one. Instead a strategic "help" must be done in a way that makes competent legal counsel/c0-sounsel available to every one of the 2-3 targets who are made victims every week.

On a personal note, Antonio, I previously talked with you on the phone regarding gear and grow room set up, and i wish you the best MMA has to offer at this stage of unreadiness to offer co-counsel. Most of us have encouragement to "fight the good fight" but little else to offer, myself included.

One further note, in reviewing Antonio's posts (the one function beyond straight posting I have figured out on here) I see some level of participation/leadership in a compassion club, and it makes me think it is all the more certain Leo is using MMA postings to target leaders in the movement. Not in any way a criticism of MMA, it is a gathering place for mm involved folks and of great interest to LEO, it seems to me.

Amntonio, any idea of other ways in which you might have been targeted?

Hmmmm.... What if you live all by yourself. I would have to argue that if you were the only one with a key to your house and lived alone, that it is in fact a secure area.

I may be wrong, but I do believe it is open to interpretation. I think it would make the law biased against people without a lot of money. The types of protection that you listed sound pretty expensive.

I don't understand the part of the story about the police coming to his girlfriend's house.

Well it is when we start Interpreting this law THAT is where we get in trouble..I assume you understand NOBODY but you would be allowed in whatever room of your home the plants are in, therefore rendering your home unvisitable by most.. Not to mention if you didn't put extra locks inside on the windows (at least) they would more than likely look at it as unsecured because anyone could get in and obtain this evil evil harmful plant. As far as this law being biased to people without a lot of money, well in my opinion it is..It cost a lot to safely securely grow MM not to mention time..You are not suppose to actually sell the MM itself but only your time and nutrients...Not to mention no matter how much anyone wants to argue on it there are so many grey areas in this law that you may end up with legal expenses which you need money for..After it is all said and done you really do need a lot of money to do this thing legal..

I would go out on a limb and say most people would agree with me on the fact that you really are not suppose to grow marijuana in your living room whether your front door is locked or not...Plus it kind of opens you up to people knowing you are doing it if you have nosey neighbors

OK maybe I missed the part where the plants WERE found in a secure locked facility. You can't just put them anywhere you want in your home and lock the from door and say it is a secure locked facility. You would need an extra room in which you maybe placed bars or fencing across the windows to prevent theft along with very secure locks on the outside of the door. It's just not legal to throw some plants in your living room and lock the front door and call it "secure locked". If you had your plants in a place like I mentioned then they are not or should not get away with it.....

Actually............

You DO NOT need to have all this extra curricular locks etc. The law says enclosed, locked facility. Not double locked inside a secret room with bars on the windows.

I propose, your home IS an enclosed locked facility.

So, you COULD set your grow up in your living room and lock your front door. If ya really wanted to.

For safety sake, the non obvious room, in a non obvious part of the home is a smart idea.

But, It's NOT against the law to just have the plants in your home!

Actually............

You DO NOT need to have all this extra curricular locks etc. The law says enclosed, locked facility. Not double locked inside a secret room with bars on the windows.

I propose, your home IS an enclosed locked facility.

So, you COULD set your grow up in your living room and lock your front door. If ya really wanted to.

For safety sake, the non obvious room, in a non obvious part of the home is a smart idea.

But, It's NOT against the law to just have the plants in your home!

That is the way that the judge ruled in Kingpins case.

And what's more the judge ruled that Kingpin himself served as a "other security device."

And what's more the judge ruled that Kingpin himself served as a "other security device."

I was going to say that too PB! :)

You also serve as a security device.

Also, On the police report from when we were robbed, on the list of security devices, our dogs were listed as well. Even though they were caged at the time, (which NOW never happens) They were there. They counted as part of our attempts to keep our home, property, medical grow safe.

Well it is when we start Interpreting this law THAT is where we get in trouble..I assume you understand NOBODY but you would be allowed in whatever room of your home the plants are in, therefore rendering your home unvisitable by most.. Not to mention if you didn't put extra locks inside on the windows (at least) they would more than likely look at it as unsecured because anyone could get in and obtain this evil evil harmful plant. As far as this law being biased to people without a lot of money, well in my opinion it is..It cost a lot to safely securely grow MM not to mention time..You are not suppose to actually sell the MM itself but only your time and nutrients...Not to mention no matter how much anyone wants to argue on it there are so many grey areas in this law that you may end up with legal expenses which you need money for..After it is all said and done you really do need a lot of money to do this thing legal..

I would go out on a limb and say most people would agree with me on the fact that you really are not suppose to grow marijuana in your living room whether your front door is locked or not...Plus it kind of opens you up to people knowing you are doing it if you have nosey neighbors

You are dead wrong on a couple of points.

The law says "enclosed, locked facility". Your home more than qualifies and it has already been upheld in court.

The law does not say you can't sell marijuana. NOTHING to that effect. At the end of the day, the caregiver is going to hand over weed and the patient is going to hand over money no matter how you phrase it.

The law says "enclosed, locked facility". Your home more than qualifies and it has already been upheld in court.

The law does not say you can't sell marijuana. NOTHING to that effect. At the end of the day, the caregiver is going to hand over weed and the patient is going to hand over money no matter how you phrase it.

In addition when that does take place the law plainly and clearly protects the transaction and the parties of the transaction with these words:

Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.

Well that is f-ing insane..Why am I spending thousands on a friggin grow room and crap Ill just pop them into the kitchen, never leave the front door open for fresh air any more...Oh wait thats right my kids and patient also live with me as does my wife...Bet that would go over well LOL..I am sorry but I think that that Kingpin dude was just lucky to get the judge he got. I think most judges right now would seriously throw the book at you for growing in your living room or something...I personally don't give a crap what anyone else does for real...You wanna take risks with it in this current climate feel free..I just thought I would find out whether or not the dude had a true secure locked facility..I just doubt that right now at this point in time having MM plants growing in your living room of your 2nd floor apartment would go over very well in most courts right now..Then again who cares, they bust people for doing things by the book anymore so like really what is the point in following rules to a T anyways? In the end if they want to mess with you they will. :)

Oh pretty sure I saw a post with a copy of the law stating that you flat out are not allowed to sell the marijuana...Wish I had a good enough memory to find it...Oh look peanut found it :)

Archived