Michigan Police To Carry Test Strips To Test Salivia For Drugs (Thc) Ect.

Just herd on channel 7 news that lawmakers in Lansing are trying to pass a law that would allow police in Michigan to carry test strips that the can test for drugs by putting the test strip in your mouth. I just became a MMMP patient last month and now the state is already going to pass laws to stop me from driving. Spine fusion has left me in horrible pain I use vicodine and Medical Marijuana to treat my disability. I hope everyone writes their state rep and voice their opinion Oh I an a new member and wanted to say Hello to everyone.

Here is a link to the story as reported in the Lansing State Journal. Interesting comments there already, and it is a relatively new article.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20100909/NEWS04/309090010/Roadside-drug-testing-proposed-in-Michigan-could-become-first-in-nation

Ahhhh the prohibition machine just won't let up and funny the law enforcers won't follow the law themself ..

Fantasy,

It's very simple.

You see, the MMJ law is a threat to the 'income' of the LEOs because changes in the 'law' threatens the flow of money coming into the police enforcement agencies from State and Federal funds to enforce the laws.

And fear mongering keeps at least half the US population in 'favor' of the anti-cannabis laws, allowing the Federal and State enforcement agencies ALL the money they want.

Self interest and greed always seem to win with us humans, and the fewer morals we have the easier is is for us to be that way.

Oh well, ever onward! Keep smiling.

Fantasy,

It's very simple.

You see, the MMJ law is a threat to the 'income' of the LEOs because changes in the 'law' threatens the flow of money coming into the police enforcement agencies from Sate and Fedearl funds to enforce the laws.

And fear mongering keeps at least half the US population in 'favor' of the anti-cannabis laws, allowing the Federal and State enforcement agencies ALL the money they want.

Self interest and greed always seem to win with us humans, and the fewer morals we have the easier is is for us to be that way.

Oh well, ever onward! Keep smiling.

exactly.....they are just wanting to keep the Money Printing press going by re-tapping the Medical MJ people. What they should do is have that only allowable for testing on people that DO NOT HAVE A CARD.

Just herd on channel 7 news that lawmakers in Lansing are trying to pass a law that would allow police in Michigan to carry test strips that the can test for drugs by putting the test strip in your mouth. I just became a MMMP patient last month and now the state is already going to pass laws to stop me from driving. Spine fusion has left me in horrible pain I use vicodine and Medical Marijuana to treat my disability. I hope everyone writes their state rep and voice their opinion Oh I an a new member and wanted to say Hello to everyone.

it was brought to our attention that this thread was started twice.

i have a feeling that it was a system freeze thing and you did not intentionally post it twice.

i merged the 2 together since you had replies in both threads.

thanks.

So are these strips going to be flavored? ;)

My understanding is that these tests would be as inaccurate as a urine test, for determining whether or not somebody was under the influence, is that correct?

These would be much like the tests that insurance companies use to test whether somebody is a smoker or not, they wouldn't tell you the last time somebody smoked, just that they had smoked?

# Saliva drug testing method is not approved by SAMHSA for use with DOT or Federal Mandated Drug Testing.

# Care needs to be taken while handling it, as it might contain pathogenic micro-organisms.

# The biggest disadvantage of saliva drug testing is its short drug detection time limitation.

# Saliva drug testing is reliable for the detection of Methamphetamine and Opiates, but comparatively less sensitive to THC and Cannabinoids.

Some medicines such as Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil can give false positive drug tests.

# Saliva drug testing does not follow any nationally accepted standards or cutoff concentration for detection. Therefore, the results mainly depend on a particular product purchased. Hence, the result is less reliable and most of the times not accepted in legal proceedings.

# One can easily pass the saliva drug test by various ways.

I am sure the average road officer would be happy to do this.

The bill is useless as it does not establish any thresholds such as with alcohol

Source:http://www.buzzle.com/articles/saliva-drug-test-facts.html

I would love to read this little POS legislation. It is surprising the idiots who get elected nowadays. This legislator obviously did not do much homework. I wonder if he is playing local yokel politics.

it was brought to our attention that this thread was started twice.

i have a feeling that it was a system freeze thing and you did not intentionally post it twice.

i merged the 2 together since you had replies in both threads.

thanks.

And i started a thread yesterday reguarding this bill

(roadside drug tests)

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=204897

Dutch you got this one nailed.

It is just posturing, and depending on when the vote occurs, more ammo for the campaigns. Anybody that votes against it will be branded as "favoring driving while using drugs" or some similarly worded attack.

Just like many proposals that get drafted around the country, they will have some insane new tax or spending on the one side and then have a anti rape provision added in. That way anybody that opposes the tax or spending can be branded as being anti rape prevention... typical political theater. Most of the time bills like these aren't even written to pass, and as soon as the election cycle is over they get tabled and die a lonely death to the shredder.

Those test strips can only detect THC after a certain time period. I believe the test will not work if you have smoked 2 - 4 hours prior to the test.

The makers of urine cleaners have already made a mouth cough drop that will nutralize the test results.

The roadside test will still be a 'presumptive test' and can still be fought in court. Those presumptive tests are known to have issues with baseline, training, use, and can be debated like "poppy seed muffins not opiates!"

-DN

I dont know what to say about the tests. I have seen cops in birmingham make the teenagers place their fingers on a card and it shows if they have THC on their hands lol

As far as me? I can smoke a eighth without worrying about driving, i actually drive better. Marijuana doesnt impair me. The only way i think a person should be arrested for DUI is if they fail a sobriety test. A chemical test isnt gonna hold up in court

I dont know what to say about the tests. I have seen cops in birmingham make the teenagers place their fingers on a card and it shows if they have THC on their hands lol

As far as me? I can smoke a eighth without worrying about driving, i actually drive better. Marijuana doesnt impair me. The only way i think a person should be arrested for DUI is if they fail a sobriety test. A chemical test isnt gonna hold up in court

Interesting about Birmingham cops and that card. It is possible to wipe the hands with a chemical wet-wipe and pick up THC from rolling blunts or smoking one. You can also use this wet wipe on the inside of a car windsheild, when people exhale, they blow marijuana smoke on to the window! The oily residue can remain on the glass and be picked up with these wipes.

Even sober people can fail a roadside sobriety test, I myself have vertigo.

-DN

Yup. You have to be tough on crime to get elected. Everyone is trying to be tougher than the other guy. At this rate we are going to be executing jay walkers in 10 years.

Should I start drafting my resume for that gig? I know how long the waiting lists are for government jobs. :)

You are right we have moved towards a weird sort of system of "justice". Being tough on crime and criminals is one thing, these LEO types have started making folks into criminals which is quite another. Just like some of these prosecutors running for elections, bragging about their high conviction rates, What are the odds that many of those "convictions" are the result of railroading some poor and innocent person into a plea deal?

I long for the day when I can be proud of our country's "justice" system again.

Should I start drafting my resume for that gig? I know how long the waiting lists are for government jobs. :)

You are right we have moved towards a weird sort of system of "justice". Being tough on crime and criminals is one thing, these LEO types have started making folks into criminals which is quite another. Just like some of these prosecutors running for elections, bragging about their high conviction rates, What are the odds that many of those "convictions" are the result of railroading some poor and innocent person into a plea deal?

I long for the day when I can be proud of our country's "justice" system again.

That's the problem with subjectivism. Someone's opinion about how you should live your life and what choices you may or may not make should never be a law, no matter how well intentioned or well informed the opinion may be. Any enforcement of that law over a law abiding citizen who has not infringed on the rights of any other to live for their own sake is a form of tyranny. These prohibitionist laws are nothing more than tyranny against human beings.

I fear our justice system will never be honorable unless the only time anyone gets involved with it is when they have infringed on the rights of another human being. Otherwise, there is no need for justice system involvement.

We are so far from that point but it is possible to have more teaching, learning, awakening by all the people. We need compassion, not combat. We need to respect individual human rights and not hate those rights by taking away the free will of others.

Which side do you fall on? Respect for individual human rights or hatred for them? Especially you law enforcement officers, do you even understand what individual human rights are and how to help protect them (which you swore to do)?

It seems that all to often our justice system is not on the side of "protect your individual human rights" as much as "protect the stateists who are entrenched in their power spheres and their partner corporations" at the expense of individual human beings.

Hello and welcome. There are some really great people here at 3MA and the FREE growing information is priceless!

Everything you need to know about cultivation, cooking, etc, is available in the forum sections.

If you are able to drive or can get to one join a Compassion Club in your area. You can learn a great deal at CC meetings and network with other QP's and CG's.

I have L-4 / L-5 fused and suffer from Failed Back Surgery Syndrome as well so I understand some of your pain issues.

Glad you're here..

Those test strips can only detect THC after a certain time period. I believe the test will not work if you have smoked 2 - 4 hours prior to the test.

The makers of urine cleaners have already made a mouth cough drop that will nutralize the test results.

The roadside test will still be a 'presumptive test' and can still be fought in court. Those presumptive tests are known to have issues with baseline, training, use, and can be debated like "poppy seed muffins not opiates!"

-DN

Can you give a source re the THC timeframe-"...smoking "...2-4 hours prior to the test" ?

So if you medicated at 6:00 pm, you would be safe to drive re the saliva test at 6:00 am the following morning ?

Am I correct in assuming that the THC metabolite is NOT picked up by the saliva test ?

Dr. Jinx

Archived