400 Vs. 1000 Who Wins?

PadroPadro

Pondering if a 1000W light is brighter (better?) than a 400W or 600W, is like asking if a 400HP car is faster than a 250HP.

Or if a thousand Watt stereo is louder than a 100W.

Is the fastest car the best? Is the loudest stereo the best?

Is the biggest and most expensive always the right fit?

When you are considering how components fit together in a system, there has to be a perspective on efficiency, cost and overall goal.

I'm sure if there was a 174 trillion Watt light, someone would buy it for 20 million dollars, and say, "Hey man, my new 174 trillion watt system rocks! It's as bright as the sun!!"

But just imagine the size of the colas you could grow with that thing ! :huh:

i will take 2 please. and im going to need them wrapped up as well. :)

sorry for the hassles.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1500 watt Master Blasters!! I jam 2 of em, 440,000 lumens on the center plants in my bud room. NOTHING like total concentrated lumens. put 4 of em on a sun circle and watch the suns go by... and the crystals would be even more insane.. Not braggin but aint seen nothing come close to resin production given off by the Master Blaster. used to use 3 1000's, but the 2 1500's are far superior. planning on a rotator and doubling into 4 1500's. Also looking into Plasma lighting from Chameleon grow systems due to increased PAR spectrums making it superior to everything out there. cost is irrelevant when something pays for itself. Buy a 600 for your clones or starters. GO BIG or stay home.

What no pictures? <_<

Ha Ha! 159 for the bulb. $700 for the Master blaster ballast, bulb, and XXXL magnum 8" OCHO hood. Kzoo indoor gardening. Ill take some pics tommorrow of my bud room. I am amazed at the resin it produces. like I said I am comparing apples to apples, been doin it since 96 w/ 3 1000's running. spent a bunny muffin load on every new improved whatever there was and know my bunny muffin. Good deal for Large Plant grows.

As for the trillion watt light Mr watson that would be brilliant!! But you can bet YOUR CHEAPASS I'd buy 2 just cause of all the people out there like you who dont see the big picture. I do.. I smoke alot... 12-14 thumb sized trichome dripping coma sticks a day. If you were a real patient youd understand the need to grow a profound amount of herb. The BEST in the world man!! But you can't bet the farm if you don't pull all the punches. I learned one thing early in life.... you only get out of something what you put in it. Therefore...To the moon!!!!!!!!

Lookin good!! I got some flavors goin you got. Sharksbreath, Black Domina, Cheese, Hawaiian Snow, Sour Cream, Purple Urkel, Strawberry Diesel X Aloha white, Lemon Grypen, Bubba Kush, G star, Sensi Star, Blueberry kush, Blueberry widow, Toxic Blue, Butterscotch, Grapefruit skunk, G-13 X, Hog, Indica, 98, White, Grape stomper.

I'm happy w/ what I'm running ...

TarzansBloomRoom.jpg

Size : 9 X 8

Lights : 4 - HydroFarm Sunburst Digital Series , SBE-400 watts

amps : 14.8 total

lumens : 200,000

I'm getting average 5 Oz's per plant

in 8-9 weeks in Bloom .

and I'm still Improving :thumbsu:

As for the trillion watt light Mr watson that would be brilliant!! But you can bet YOUR CHEAPASS I'd buy 2 just cause of all the people out there like you who dont see the big picture. I do.. I smoke alot... 12-14 thumb sized trichome dripping coma sticks a day. If you were a real patient youd understand the need to grow a profound amount of herb. The BEST in the world man!! But you can't bet the farm if you don't pull all the punches. I learned one thing early in life.... you only get out of something what you put in it. Therefore...To the moon!!!!!!!!

woah big guy.... slow your roll please. its all good. we are all happy. what you smoke in a day is on you.... that has nothing to do with another patients needs.

i sincerely hope that you arent sending out an APB for buds better than yours...... because you will have them thrown in your face.

i know what you are trying to say..... but some other members dont.

wattage does not necessarily mean great meds......... its that simple.

Guest Mr_smith

woah big guy.... slow your roll please. its all good. we are all happy. what you smoke in a day is on you.... that has nothing to do with another patients needs.

i sincerely hope that you arent sending out an APB for buds better than yours...... because you will have them thrown in your face.

Word..

In the end, whatever makes you happy, you go that way.

In all this high tech mega power big buck modern marvel hot stuff time...I still kinda miss the old days when you grew your one tiny plant under a fluorescent bulb, and you tended the little gentleman with loving care, knowing you'd be lucky to get three or four little buds...and you waited and waited and there it was and it tasted so good, because it was rare and limited and hard to come by....anyway, back to reality 2010.

I agree

" If you were a real patient youd understand " + this is a bit offensive as well but to each there own i guess

Im using a 600 HPS (air-cooled) in a 5x5 tent. During the last two weeks of flower I will add my 400 MH in an open reflector. It has been demonstrated that potency is also related to the amount of UVB light the plant receives. HPS provides no UVB light and a MH in a closed reflector reflects away 95% of UVB. A 400 MH will produce much less heat than a 1000 MH in an open reflector. I get the best of both worlds, I still get my 1000 watts of light but the lights can be located closer to the plant giving them more usable light. I get the full color spectrum and the benefit UVB light provides for increased potency.

Thought Id add my $0.02 for anyone reading this thread and deciding on a light. Ive never even seen a 1000w in all its glory so I have nothing to comment. I use a quality 400hps (lumatek) and produce a supply of meds that is pretty consistent with my medical needs. Perpetual system, harvesting every 2 weeks or so. Usually 2-3 oz a plant and room for 6 ladies under it. I cant afford the light or the electric bill from a 1000, 125w cfl in veg and 400hps in flower seems to meet my needs so far.

I meant no offense. Sorry if it was taken that way... Just trying to give props to the Light system. Yeah, I probably obtained my stuff from the guy who threw the snapper in front of me. I didn't create weed so implying mine is better than anyone's is heinous, trying to make something out of nothing. I'm gonna go snap some pics for ya... Then tell me I'm talkin my shitUp. I give credit where credit is due. Alot have shown their product, which is awesome!! I believe certain environments are better than others, which produces a different quality trichome. Definatly not trying to put down ANYONES meds!! Dont Try to IMPLY that.

Wow, really... why are you trying to imply that I'm saying mine are better than anyone elses?? I'm NOT.. I have problems growing just like everyone. Sorry for trying to spread positive word on a GREAT product. Not trying to sound like a donkey but throw some buds in my face I DARE you....I'll SMOKE em'.. And yeah... Happier than hell.

Wow, really... why are you trying to imply that I'm saying mine are better than anyone Else's?? I'm NOT.. I have problems growing just like everyone. Sorry for trying to spread positive word on a GREAT product. Not trying to sound like a donkey but throw some buds in my face I DARE you....I'll SMOKE em'.. And yeah... Happier than hell.

Seriously though dude lighten up i also thought you went a bit carnal myself talking about how resinous your buds are thats great but geez cmon lol

(side note got any of this resinous bud i can sample lol)

Well Hell yeah!! I aint greedy I share. I would probably break my last joint in half for ANYONE who asked. Just like that. :rock:

Seriously though dude lighten up i also thought you went a bit carnal myself talking about how resinous your buds are thats great but geez cmon lol

(side note got any of this resinous bud i can sample lol)

I'm happy w/ what I'm running ...

TarzansBloomRoom.jpg

Size : 9 X 8

Lights : 4 - HydroFarm Sunburst Digital Series , SBE-400 watts

amps : 14.8 total

lumens : 200,000

I'm getting average 5 Oz's per plant

in 8-9 weeks in Bloom .

and I'm still Improving :thumbsu:

Dr. Tarzan your plants look great. looks like your gonna get some nice colas.. if i may offer a critique.. get some yo yos to be able to bring those 400s down on those babies it will decrease the internodal length making even better budsicles it will also reduce the stretch. just a tip to increase that 5oz weight nice work though

Folks regardless of wattages used keep this little gem in mind... The Inverse Square Law

According to the inverse square law, the intensity of light radiating from a point source (in this case a bulb) is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source. So if an object is twice as far away, it receives only 1/4 the light. This is a serious hurdle for indoor cannabis growers, and many techniques are employed to use light as efficiently as possible.

People read into this if you lights arent down on the plants through all cycles you are wasting precious light and electricity.. Invest in a light meter for 50 -75 bucks all guessing is turned to actual science which can then be used to improve quality and yield. Cheers Danxy

I'm one of the few that only have a 250w HPS with a nice bulb. Restricted growing area, plus I really don't have the need for anything larger. I use a SOG type method, and can avg 1-1.5 oz per plant. The only challenge is the 12 plant limitation but I think I have that mastered now. I barely notice a blip in my electric bill.

Archived