Patient To Patient Vs Caregiver To Caregiver

thatoneartist

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Well sir that is your interpretation of the law. Cause if that was true, all the dispensaries in Mi. are operating illegally.

That's very possible. There's no provision for CG to CG transfers. A dispensary owner would have to make sure it's a licensed patient at the cash register at all times to make them legal. If they fail this, they wouldn't be covered by law.

Ok, here we go! ive got my fire extinguisher at hand for the flaming im about to get

(e) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

Cardholder to Cardholder transfers of marijuana are legal in michigan and covered under the definition of medical use

Ok, here we go! ive got my fire extinguisher at hand for the flaming im about to get

(e) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

Cardholder to Cardholder transfers of marijuana are legal in michigan and covered under the definition of medical use

I share your opinion about this, but who has the financial resources for legal defense to be another guinea pig with a storefront?

but where does it say that the patient is allowed to get paid for the "transfer" or "delivery"

Anything that isn't explicitly covered in teh language of the law can (and has been) declared illegal, depending on which leo you are dealing with.

That doesn't seem to be the standard with other laws. In some cases, if the law doesn't explicitly forbid it, it is legal.

There has to be a mechanism available for visiting out of state patients, patients without CGs, or CGs without medicine, to acquire it. There is a built in assumption in the law that transfers to these people are protected and legal, how else would they acquire it?

Just a couple quick quips, then I will get out of the way.

First here is what the law says about compensation to a registered caregiver:

(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana

Notice the use of the word "a" instead of "their", that is significant in that its common use means "any", it doesn't define "which" patient. ;)

Second, if a patient signs on a caregiver but retains their grow rights, where does a caregiver acquire medications from to help assist their patient with the medical use of marijuana? The same place a patient would if they had no caregiver. The law only sets one limit on who a patient and/or caregiver cannot sell to "someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under this act."

Aren't we forgetting this?

4(b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:...

What if something happens to a cg and the pt has to wait for their meds? Not all can wait. What if a pt decides to find another cg but it takes time to find one and then there's the paperwork that takes so long to process. Meanwhile the pt is in pain and still waiting. IF pt to pt is legal the answer is simple, though it'd be uncomfortable asking someone to share their meds... This is why overages should be given to those who are out of meds. I know the leo doesn't wanna deal with overages, so the law should be amended to handle that, which would be clearly stated. There aren't enough cg's and the pt limit could be 10 instead of 5. Finding reliable cg's isn't as easy as it seems.

Sb

I have been pretty outspoken on these forums recently, but I've realized something. There are certain people who are only posting threads in order to create trouble, confusion, panic. I mean this issue is literally dead. For the most part, I feel that majority of the members on here know what to do and do the right thing. Just like before this law ever came in effect as well as the far off future, people have and always will do what they want to do. Why even give someone the benefit of knowing they can ruffle your feathers? The person who started this thread is not seeking clarity in my honest opinion. Remember it would take a lot of effort to get even the slightest part of the law amended. We are intelligent, responsible individuals on here so we have nothing to fear.

It does seem confusing because in one section it says the cg can only give to their pt's, then in another section it just says as long as they're connected through the registry, which make it sound like it could go beyond the 5 pt's. Then remembering that visiting pt's are covered, they wouldn't be dragging their cg with them...

Sb

Thanks, BB. I was wondering if a pt is unhappy with their cg what would happen or if something happened to the cg or the crop what would happen could they get another one though the paperwork hasn't been done or come through. Somewhere I read there's a state that allows for 2 cg's I think it's in case of a situation like those I described.

Sb

That's very possible. There's no provision for CG to CG transfers. A dispensary owner would have to make sure it's a licensed patient at the cash register at all times to make them legal. If they fail this, they wouldn't be covered by law.

I wouldnt touch this one with your d--k! lol

Peace

FTW

Jim

I think some of the dispensaries act as showcases for numerous CGs. They said the one in Ann Arbor has 300 member CGs. So, presumably all the customers are registered to on of their CGs.

If people are so certain that openly selling to anyone with a card is legal, why not just call your county prosecutor or the state police, tell them your plans and ask them their opinion. Since you are so sure you are within your rights this shouldn't be a problem.

Then, contact a criminal defense attorney and ask them for advise. Also, ask how much they will need as a retainer should you be charged. also, let him know about your conversation with the county prosecutor and state police and ask him what he thinks about that.

Make sure you give them all your info too so you have everything on record and everyone knows that you are legit and not breaking the law.

Archived