Caregiver Fraud

Has anybody had a caregiver sell everything before the patient get any? This just happened to me, and now I have no meds or any idea when I will. Is it just me, or are patients being used to make money for growers? Has this happened to anybody else? I guess this guy has another patient now who's going to wait 6 months for nothing other than to make this guy money. Should I post his name to warn others?

Has anybody had a caregiver sell everything before the patient get any? This just happened to me, and now I have no meds or any idea when I will. Is it just me, or are patients being used to make money for growers? Has this happened to anybody else? I guess this guy has another patient now who's going to wait 6 months for nothing other than to make this guy money. Should I post his name to warn others?

first off welcome to the site! i believe if i were in your position i would let others know who this person is, also if you tell us the area your in someone around here can point you to a local compassion club or a new caregiver! good luck my friend, we are here to help!

Your story sounds all too familiar - happened to me.

I caught them selling my medicine/my plants.

Enough.

There MUST be another option available to patients who cannot grow for themselves besides dealing with ONE unscrupulous caregiver.

Mizerman

I network with CG who treat Severe pts...Free No Hangnails.

We all have Needs and Wants...WE provide for those who Need not those who just want.

Rest assured the service and quality will be excellent from someone who does it from their heart and not for their wallet. The moment $$ comes into the equation coruption rushes in.

This is about the PATIENT and THEIR right to Grow and/or acuire thier meds. Thank You Voters..Bless Ya

It is not about the CareTaker.

This is a Very Good Law...lets not **** it up.

Sorry for any spelling errors, case any of those spellin nazis are readin.

No Vacancy

since i have the time, may i add a couple pennies??

first, this is a crock. all of it. makes me sick, and these so-called-care-givers should be drug into a very public street, shot to death, and left there for the birds to peck on.

with that being said, i'm going to put just one little tiny iota of blame on some of the patients, and then back to the bad caregiver bashing :)

so many times have i heard this story.... and so many times the patient gets screwed the first time, and then doesnt have the nuggets to do anything about it. they just sit there, listen to yet another lie from their crooked caregiver and then wait another 3-5 months to see what happens.

i have said it a million times before, OUR LAW MAKES IT SO THAT ONE PATIENT IS IN NO WAY EVER STUCK WITH ONE CAREGIVER.

if you get screwed, GET OUT. instantly. dont listen to any more crap. just get out of the relationship and move on. our law affords you that wonderful opportunity.

i understand that "true caregivers" are hard to find. well, let me re-phrase that...... they were really hard to find, but now getting much easier.

its simple math and common sense. our law is less than 2 years old. 90% of cannabis cultivators in the state of michigan have been growing for less than 2 years. these are still newbies that are just now getting their grows figured out and dialed in. they are JUST NOW getting the harvests and the quality that their ego's made them think they were going to have last year.

there are many old-school growers who had NO DESIRE to run right out and grab a MMJ card. these people have been growing underground for YEARS..... with no problems.... if it aint broke, dont fix it.

well, a couple years have passed and these people are starting to come out of the woodwork and become legal.

with every month that passes, a better crop comes in for a newer grower. hundreds of new growers get their cards and just get started. and hundreds more apply for cards.

MMJ is serious stuff, and unfortunately it can become VERY competitive for some people. mine is better/bigger than yours. ect. this blows egos and gives growers false info. especially new growers.

it is these growers that are fugging up. these are the ones who talk the great game, but when harvest time comes they didnt get 1/3 of what they assumed they would, and now they gotta blow it out the back door to recoup nute/light money and be able to save a few nugs for themselves until next round..... leaving the patients with nothing but a broken promise............. these are the ones we need shot in the road.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

if you have had a bad c.g. experience, keep your head up, and know that you arent the first one. and you wont be the last. just get out now and find another. MANY HAVE MEDS AVAILABLE FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!!

fortunately it seems help is on the horizon as i see more and more "known members" from this site attracting new patients. the quality of meds around the state has risen dramatically from a year ago. and the quality of growers is better too...... which in turn means bigger yields, and meds for patients.

Your story sounds all too familiar - happened to me.

I caught them selling my medicine/my plants.

Enough.

There MUST be another option available to patients who cannot grow for themselves besides dealing with ONE unscrupulous caregiver.

Mizerman

there is.... dont deal with those types of people. i hate to say it, but if people are begging to be your cg you prob dont want em. as a pt i think we need to be very careful. As much as no one wants to admit it, its just as likely to encounter a bad pt who wants me to risk my fam so he can get rich selling to his buddies.As a cg I too must be very careful. life goes on there is no perfect system.

Its important to build a relationship with your patient. Don't enter into an agreement straight away. I will be the first to admit im new to indoor growing and finding out all the mistakes that can and do happen. However I am a man of my word, if i promise a set amount I will provide it. After that just a heads up can make it easy to increase any amount your patient asks for. But of course you have to give a chit about your patient. As so well been said in all these posts. You can get screwed by either side. I think know your patient,and the patient needs to know his caregiver, make an agreement on what you have to provide plenty ahead of time. And work together as a team. No surprises. Do what you committed to do. Period!!

Find a patient who grows their own and really does not want to be any one's caregiver but wants to help their fellow patients - perhaps together you can come to a way to help each other, inexpensively. A "grower" is not automatically a "caregiver" although that is the terminology in the law, which does not always ring true.

Archived