MMMA Day At The Ballpark/Field/Arena/Court/Track

MMMA day at a major sporting event??  

17 members have voted

1. 1. MMMA day at a major sporting event??

• i wouldn't be interested..... don't waste your time
    • i would attend at least one event, let's see what we can do

new idea here.

im sure it wouldnt be too much to ask of the other mods and admin (we will see soon) but i was wondering.................................................................

sports is what makes the world spin for a lot of us. i know that after i step out of "grow mode" the first thing i do is flip on sportscenter.

it records at 5am daily on my DVR.

if i could organize this, would anyone be interested in an "MMMA DAY" at all of the major sports venues in the state throughout the next year?

i could schmooze garfield into putting up a special paypal link/account to pay for tickets in advance. then we, as an entire group, could purchase tix all at once, all sit together, and of course be announced on any jumbotron/scoreboard/audio announcer at the park/field/rink whatever.

Rockinlespaul and i have already talked about an MMMA day at Comerica park next year for a Detroit Tigers baseball game. (well we said a few words about it a few months ago, but when the time comes, i know we will put it together) ............ but the passion we have for baseball is the same passion some of you have for other sports. no reason why we can't share those passions together, and get the MMMA out there as well!!

we can do a:

Pistons basketball game

Redwings hockey game

Tigers baseball game

Lions football game

Nascar and IRL at Michigan International Speedway

and any other thing you guys can come up with? there's 6 events.

normally it only takes 10-20 tickets to get a discounted rate and a name on a scoreboard :)

im sure some events will have more attendees due to cost/weather but still, i think its an idea that we could run with over the coming year?

any thoughts? idea? interested?

would you attend something like this if i did all the proper planning and gave ample notice??

new idea here.

im sure it wouldnt be too much to ask of the other mods and admin (we will see soon) but i was wondering.................................................................

sports is what makes the world spin for a lot of us. i know that after i step out of "grow mode" the first thing i do is flip on sportscenter.

if i could organize this, would anyone be interested in an "MMMA DAY" at all of the major sports venues in the state throughout the next year?

i could schmooze garfield into putting up a special paypal link/account to pay for tickets in advance. then we, as an entire group, could purchase tix all at once, all sit together, and of course be announced on any jumbotron/scoreboard/audio announcer at the park/field/rink whatever.

Rockinlespaul and i have already talked about an MMMA day at Comerica park next year for a Detroit Tigers baseball game. (well we said a few words about it a few months ago, but when the time comes, i know we will put it together) ............ but the passion we have for baseball is the same passion some of you have for other sports. no reason why we can't share those passions together, and get the MMMA out there as well!!

we can do a:

Pistons basketball game

Redwings hockey game

Tigers baseball game

Lions football game

normally it only takes 10-20 tickets to get a discounted rate and a name on a scoreboard :)

im sure some events will have more attendees due to cost/weather but still, i think its an idea that we could run with over the coming year?

would you attend something like this if i did all the proper planning and gave ample notice??

Well BG, it would be a wonderful thing. Concerts are good, too, if you pick some that are at smaller venues and not as expensive. Summer is probably better for concerts and such.

Comedy clubs are fun to take groups too, as well.

Bowling, like an outing for a charity fund raiser for a worthy cause ( we have so many).

Hay rides, cider mills are great right now.

Haunted houses are almost done though.

Big barbecues at someone's private property with bondfires and lots of friends and food and sharing of meds with others who need them.

Canoe trips, camping, hiking.

Anything to get together with friends and meet some new ones!!

well. i am onboard..

i think it would be a awesome time..

i am not a sports fanatic (as far as knowing much if any trivia about our teams) but i am a dedicated lions fan.

i have been to red wings, tigers, lions game each at least once in my life. and it was a blast !

i think it would be fun to go with you people.....

so i officially request one (1) first annual all encompassing sports MMJ extravaganza ticket 2 c lions, tigers, pistons, wings? a four way split?

under $200?

could b feasable...it would b a FOOKIN blast.....

well. i am onboard..

i think it would be a awesome time..

i am not a sports fanatic (as far as knowing much if any trivia about our teams) but i am a dedicated lions fan.

i have been to red wings, tigers, lions game each at least once in my life. and it was a blast !

i think it would be fun to go with you people.....

so i officially request one (1) first annual all encompassing sports MMJ extravaganza ticket 2 c lions, tigers, pistons, wings? a four way split?

under $200?

could b feasable...it would b a FOOKIN blast.....

now there is an idea :)

and oh yeah, its feasible for under $200. im no tickey broker, but i dont see that being a problem.

thanks for the input!!

keep it coming!!

i have done that a many of times fun fun fun

Yes, Bob we had a 1975 school bus that we converted in too a nascar party wagon, and camped at a lot of tracks like Tex,Bristol was a hot one. Now I just watch on the tube, but sold the bus to someone I know so I can still have use of it. :thumbsu:

Yes, Bob we had a 1975 school bus that we converted in too a nascar party wagon, and camped at a lot of tracks like Tex,Bristol was a hot one. Now I just watch on the tube, but sold the bus to someone I know so I can still have use of it. :thumbsu:

we were always on the first turn at M.I,S sean AJ in to woods at one race

How about a Pistons game this fall? Easy to get cheap tix since they're unfortunately more like 'Pisstons' this year. However, is always a great time.

I can look into tickets based on how many people are going. I usually get great deals off craigslist, but am also aware of group discounts through The Palace.

new idea here.

we can do a:

Pistons basketball game

Redwings hockey game

Tigers baseball game

Lions football game

Thats an awesome idea, count me in for sure. Have you started setting up anything as far as a group for all those interested to join and update information from there? Also, have any admins or anything contacted you yet, in regards to this idea?

Another suggestion is a winter snowboarding and skiing trip, either somewhere local like Boyne or something, I could get us a deal on lodging and some other stuff but if everyone did wanna go up to Boyne Mountain lets get to planning and Ill call my Realtor up there and see what kind of deals I can get us, the sooner the better! If we get backed by admins and everyone really is into doing this I could probably talk to a couple people and we could make an awareness event for MMA, ideally possible get some both set up, signs, flyers, promotional items, shirts, etc. from MMMA, It would be pretty sick!

If people are interested in a Snow Trip, its a great place to see some green in the snow, Id be happy to help set this up! Email is pacynsk2@gmail.com

After the bill passed in 2008, our MSU Student organization, of which I co-founded with a friend of mine, S4MM aka Spartans For Medical Marijuana went up on an event similar to this purposed one (a lot of it ended up being a celebration to our victory), we got S4MM backed by MCCC (Michigan Coalition for Compassionate Care) as well as NORML, and a few other smaller organizations dedicated to getting patients the medicine they need. It ended up being an awesome time and even though it was just after the bill passed we still talked to the people a lot and got a lot of positive feedback and thanks for everyone's effort in getting the much needed bill passed.

Its always good to spread the medicinal benefits of medical marijuana, we found that 87% of the people we spoke to before the election did want to know more about the bill, cause, and what we were doing to support it, however the negative connotations that the gov't has put on cannabis instilled too much fear for them to "ask questions without feeling guilty" or "taboo subject matter".... We still need to spread the word of how beneficial medical marijuana is and can be.

the concerts/ski trips/bowling ect is all fine and dandy, and if things work out, those sound like VERY FUN ideas.

my main concern was bigger venues over the next year.

places where we will be "seen" without being "seen" :)

we can get discount tix and be in Comerica Park with no probs. and get the big MMMA on the scoreboard as well......

that was kind of my thinking in this. fun. but more for publicity than anything.

for now anyways.

after things settle, i would LOVE to start doing a string of constant things like concerts/bowling/ect.

• 2 weeks later...

any word on makin it to a lions game?

even though they can't seem to work together as a team, i would love to try to go still

just curious if anyone picked a game to try for.

man you are into that dominatrix stuff too huh?? pain and suffering :)

do we get to make a "safe word" to stop the bleeding???

haha, ok, here's what they have left for regular season home games. playoff schedule to follow :) :) . hahaha yeah right.

Thu, Nov 25

12:30 PM CBS

(this is thanksgiving day. out of the question i would assume.) i know i wouldnt make it.

Sun, Dec 5

1:00 PM FOXTickets | Travel

Sun, Dec 12

1:00 PM FOX

Sun, Jan 2

1:00 PM FOX

anyone wanna see favre for what i hope is the last gosh dang time :)

anyone see a game in there that the lions might win?? or one they wanna go to??

we'll get it done.

• 4 months later...

Archived