What Does Everyone Think

Ok so I read in an older issue of Michigan Medical Marijuana Magazine that legislatures and law enforcement want to get rid of Caregivers and only allow dispensaries....Then a patient of mine who used to be a police officer who is still in contact with other officers downstate says that they are saying to him they want to get rid of dispensaries and only allow caregivers.

whats the real story? I mean now it would seem that Cali the leader in this effort is going the other way with MM and what not..I want everyones opinions but any real legal workers who might know would be great!

I think personally if they do anything they will push dispensaries for tax purposes..Then on the other hand they are busting those left and right. Now we have Huron County just plain banning it and there truly is nothing anyone can do..Protests dont seem to cut it in my opinion...

Is this fight almost over are they going to win or what? What does everyone like me who broke themselves to make a room to grow in do then?

Anyways just wanted to see what people thought.....

joe

Dear Robert: I understand your frustration and anger over the events in Oakland County relating to medical marijuana clinics. Problems similar to this have been occurring all across the state and in our courts as the new law is being implemented. As a result, I am currently serving on a Medical Marijuana Task Force appointed by House Speaker Andy Dillon to look at amending the act to make it more clear and to avoid any issues like those that are occurring around the state currently. We hope to have recommendations made for amending the statutes before the end of this year. Thank you again for contacting me.

I got this E-mail from Lansing and they are working on it as you can see

So you don't think they are gonna just go to dispensary or Just caregivers..?You really think there is going to be a middle ground at some point soon? Lets face it we are going back to republican lol so...

We hope to have recommendations made for amending the statutes before the end of this year.

i would say we must wait till then am guessing

So what are they gonna say or do? Which direction are they gonna go or are they gonna find a middle? I am looking for speculation and fact. I just want to get a feel about where everyone thinks we are at this point with this whole thing..Not to say I want a fear thread just a thread where people feel this whole thing is at cuz now I am wondering

joe

Guest 1TokeOverLine

IMHO the law attempts to protect patients from prosecution for growing and helping supply others that can't grow, other interests jumped on board for the money in the name of compassion....even though there's nothing in the law providing for businesses to make a killing off the suffering. A patient can grow his own and help out with 5 patients, period. Anything else is a dealer attempting to cash in and legitimize.

Nothing enacted "legalizes" anything. MJ is illegal. Due to compassionate voters we have garnered protection from prosecution for our chosen medical use, not legalization of a controlled substance.

1T

I think that they want to get rid of caregivers and dispensaries. The most attractive option for the State will be State owned and operated dispensaries selling marijuana grown by large pharmaceutical firms.

(It's to protect the patients. We have to do it for the children!)

IMHO the law attempts to protect patients from prosecution for growing and helping supply others that can't grow, other interests jumped on board for the money in the name of compassion....even though there's nothing in the law providing for businesses to make a killing off the suffering. A patient can grow his own and help out with 5 patients, period. Anything else is a dealer attempting to cash in and legitimize.

Nothing enacted "legalizes" anything. MJ is illegal. Due to compassionate voters we have garnered protection from prosecution for our chosen medical use, not legalization of a controlled substance.

1T

Nice to see you posting, 1T.

One thing is clear. The dispensaries have pulled the heat away from caregivers lately.

If they completely get rid of the dispensaries, then the full heat will be back on the caregivers again.

All actions, against either, is attempting to undermine the ability of the patient to get their medicine.

The supply for the patient is the target for either action.

They want mmj patients to be known in public and forbid them to be able to get their medicine.

Who knows what we will get? My belief is the courts will be deciding the p2p and caregiver to patient that is not theirs transfer issue and not the right wing government we are getting. I don't think the legislature will be acting on the issue but I could be wrong. Don't they have to get a 3/4 vote to amend the act? I suppose that could happen if big pharm comes in and gives them all a bunch of money before the vote.

Who knows what we will get? My belief is the courts will be deciding the p2p and caregiver to patient that is not theirs transfer issue and not the right wing government we are getting. I don't think the legislature will be acting on the issue but I could be wrong. Don't they have to get a 3/4 vote to amend the act? I suppose that could happen if big pharm comes in and gives them all a bunch of money before the vote.

And notice that would also require the ignoring us a few of us protesting.

I think we can definitely count on some sort of attempted change to the MMM Act in the coming year by our legislators in Lansing.

IMO the first things to come out of Lansing will be 'ridiculous' in terms of what 'they' want to see changed.

We will have to make a lot of peaceful 'noise' and have the 'law' books ready to point out the particulars of the MMM Act which we do not want touched.

And then 'they' will come up with 'additions' to the MMM Act such as perhaps 'dispensaries' somehow regulated by the State with specifications on just WHERE these 'dispensaries can be located and so on.

'They' are going to try and push for as much 'State and LEO control' of the growing and attainment of MMJ as they 'possibly' can.

We are going to have to stay awake and be ready to 'peacefully' let them know we will do all within the law to protect the rights we have gained under the MMM Act.

And yes, I believe the 'legislators' need 3/4 votes to change the MMM Act... but what the 'legislators' can do in terms of passing 'other related' and possibly restrictive legislation would have to be answered by legal counsel / lawyers that are familiar with 'legislative' rules and 'procedures'.

My opinion only... but I think that's what we'll see folks.

Time will tell.

I think we can definitely count on some sort of attempted change to the MMM Act in the coming year by our legislators in Lansing.

IMO the first things to come out of Lansing will be 'ridiculous' in terms of what 'they' want to see changed.

We will have to make a lot of peaceful 'noise' and have the 'law' books ready to point out the particulars of the MMM Act which we do not want touched.

And then 'they' will come up with 'additions' to the MMM Act such as perhaps 'dispensaries' somehow regulated by the State with specifications on just WHERE these 'dispensaries can be located and so on.

'They' are going to try and push for as much 'State and LEO control' of the growing and attainment of MMJ as they 'possibly' can.

We are going to have to stay awake and be ready to 'peacefully' let them know we will do all within the law to protect the rights we have gained under the MMM Act.

And yes, I believe the 'legislators' need 3/4 votes to change the MMM Act... but what the 'legislators' can do in terms of passing 'other related' and possibly restrictive legislation would have to be answered by legal counsel / lawyers that are familiar with 'legislative' rules and 'procedures'.

My opinion only... but I think that's what we'll see folks.

Time will tell.

Any attempt to put out something that would benefit us would be amended by those that want to take away from us.

It would be a very difficult task to pass a bill without some negative impact on us.

Some are working on such things. I'll reserve judgment until I see something in print.

If I see one single item against us, I'll do every single legal thing that I can do to stop them.

Well in the documentary which I am sure you have all seen called "Run From The Cure" he said that big pharm wants to stop MM because they know it helps with things the drugs they can PATENT cant do in most cases.

He went on to say the reason they want to stop this medicine from being accessible to those in need is exactly that, they CAN't PATENT A PLANT! SO I just don't see how some big pharm company could even attempt to take over this thing.

If the state takes over I would have to assume rather than building or using some costly buildings on TAXPAYER dollars (which many would not support) they would probably keep the CG or the CG/PT setup and contract out these growers to grow for them..Then they would not be putting tax dollars of those who do not support MM to work for this particular thing..I think that would REALLY get them into some hot water with many voters to just take over on their dime....

Anyone agree?

No, I think they would go for our throats and seal up a number of commercial grows - and that would be on the taxpayers dime - like everything else.

Well I don't know if they would have the balls to handle the outcry that would occur if some taxpayers found out they were paying for the state to grow marijuana..Sadly above anything else I think that that would be their biggest concern..The PR nightmare..He l l if we were all smart and it went in that direction we would spread the word and we ourselves would send letters saying how dare you spend out tax dollars on growing pot..Like play the other side and encourage others to do so..They wouldn't do it then I bet..

Oh and by the way you posted a link to a website for me where to find grow lights for my t-5's and they were dirt cheap and work well the shipping was a bit steep but no more than I would have spent in gas to go buy some somewhere else..So thanks man for the link..

We must oppose any changes to our law. Once the door is opened, there will be no closing it. Big Government and Big Money both want to get rid of caregivers. We must be watchful on all sides. Civil disobedience should be our immediate reaction to any proposed change. Get all that you know to write their representatives as a preemptive measure. It is our position, not one jot or tittle of our law is to be changed. I wouldn't advise testing us. Thanks, Bb

Right on man that is what I was thinking...

"Oh and by the way you posted a link to a website for me where to find grow lights for my t-5's and they were dirt cheap and work well the shipping was a bit steep but no more than I would have spent in gas to go buy some somewhere else..So thanks man for the link.."

Patients helping Patients - it's what it's all about - you are quite welcome.

Absolutely Blueberry NO CHANGES to the law.

Archived