Westboro Baptist Church

Rashore

I know this isn't about cannabis, sorry. If a mod feels the need to remove this thread, please do so.

I just wanted to give a heads up that the nutters of the WBC are planning on coming to Mi tomorrow, Nov 18th. They have been successfully protested out of a McAlester, OK funeral, and were completely blocked out from even getting to a funeral in Weston, MO recently. So if folks wanna say their peace to the WBC, tomorrow might be your chance to do it.

Also be aware that the last two anti-WBC protests turned out a whole ton of people (locals and out of towners), so if you are in the area, ya might have some traffic problems.

So, here's where they are supposed to be tomorrow, along with the reasons for their protesting the places they are going to according to their website.

Islamic Center of America in Dearborn, MI November 18, 2010 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM

WBC will picket the Islamic Center of America in Dearborn, MI, the largest mosque in North America, to remind the idolatrous, doomed Muslims that Mohammed was a pedophile and a false prophet. Like most other false religious systems of modern doomed america, Islam teaches rebellion against the Lord Jesus Christ. Muslims claim Christ was merely a prophet and that He did not die and live again. They claim His blood is not sufficient or even necessary for salvation. They shall learn the truth when Christ himself returns!

Hillel of Metro Detroit at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI November 18, 2010 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM

WBC will picket the Reprobate Jews at the Hillel of Metro Detroit at Wayne State University. The Jews have spent centuries coming up with "traditions" that have nothing to do with scripture much less obeying the commandments of God. They have made an idol out of their unscriptural rituals.

East Lansing High School in East Lansing, MI November 18, 2010 2:50 PM - 3:20 PM

WBC to picket the worthless brats who attend East Lansing High School, as well as their teachers and parents who have taught them from the cradle that God is a liar. You reprobates will hear some truth for the first time in your lives, to wit: God does NOT love everyone and it IS NOT okay to be gay or to fornicate with anyone or thing you please. Instead, you are to flee youthful lusts that war against your soul and seek to live sober, righteous and godly while on this earth.

go watch louis theroux's documentary called "the most hated family in america" he spends a few days embedded with these a@@holes. it will make you rage.

whatever you do - do not get violent with them - this is *exactly* how they fund their operation. they say outlandish crap to push people over the edge, then sue them for assault.

i recommend drive-by water balloons filled with pee. :lol:

these people can rot in their own filth.

:growl::thumbsd:

People are getting ickier to them. When protesting in McAlester, they returned to their van to find both passenger tires slashed. Oddly enough, there wasn't a shop available in the whole town to service them, and they had to call for a tow to a walmart a few miles away for repairs :lol:

People are getting ickier to them. When protesting in McAlester, they returned to their van to find both passenger tires slashed. Oddly enough, there wasn't a shop available in the whole town to service them, and they had to call for a tow to a walmart a few miles away for repairs :lol:

it's not that there wasn't a shop availabile, it's that all of them refused to provide them with service.

right on.

I have had run ins with this group of fanatics. It is part of the reason I joined another organization a couple of years ago. http://www.patriotguard.org/

I wonder if WBC will be letting their lawyer, a certain Margie Phelps, speak. She is a real hoot. At least this round of protests by them aren't funerals... This is one group (WBC) I can honestly say that I think I despise their entire membership and organization.

Wish I had the gas to chase these fools around tomorrow.

go watch louis theroux's documentary called "the most hated family in america" he spends a few days embedded with these a@@holes. it will make you rage.

whatever you do - do not get violent with them - this is *exactly* how they fund their operation. they say outlandish crap to push people over the edge, then sue them for assault.

The Most Hated Family in America

Fighting Words Law & Legal Definition

Fighting words are words intentionally directed toward another person which are so venomous and full of malice as to cause the hearer to suffer emotional distress or incite him/her to immediately retaliate physically. Fighting words are not an excuse or defense for a retaliatory assault and battery. However, if they are so threatening as to cause apprehension, they can form the basis for a lawsuit for assault, even though the words alone don't constitute an assault.

The utterance of fighting words is not protected by the free speech protections of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. The words are often evaluated not only by the words themselves, but the context in which they are spoken. Courts generally impose a requirement that the speaker intended to cuase a breach of the peace or incite the hearer to violence.

I watched the news at noon and it looked like they didn't show up, I hope they never did!

Their protests aren't until tomorrow... so it would surprise me to see video of them there today ;)

Their typical MO is to show up shortly before a scheduled time, and stay incognito until the time of the protest. That is the way they have handled themselves at funerals and other events as of late. It is to keep people from focusing in on them prior to their event starting. These people are cowards and hate mongers.

I hope there is a huge down pour of rain, sleet, and hail on their protests tomorrow.

I wish I did not have to work. I would love to go and yell offensive atheist stuff at them. LOL

Rev. I am a patriot guard member too. I only went on a couple of "missions" more like motorcycle rides. I didn't fit in too well. They are suposed to be non political but let's just say I was not feeling like it would be good to announce my liberalizm. I also was about the only guy there that was not riding a Harley (even though my bike would out run any one of theirs many have no repecte for any other manufacturer.)

Love the idea of urine-filled balloons.

This can also be accomplished by re-filling a fire extinguisher with urine and baby powder along with some other repulsive ingredients.

I'll never admit to doing this... :lol:

Mizerman :))

p.s. my first year in college I made the Dean's List - "majoring in Animal House Advanced Studies"

I are confused, why TROLL the TROLLS? or even FEED the TROLLS?

The WBC is already listed on the Anti-Defemation League's website so showing up might get you watched by the Fuzz or the groups crazy fanatics.

We have more important things to worry about as a REAL community, the rights of the sick and dying, privacy, and freedom of assembly without harassment.

IF you feel obligated to fill balloons with URINE and hurl them at protesters GO RIGHT AHEAD, you should also expect that to happen to you when you are protesting against the MAN... but the MAN uses MACE and BATONS and RIOT GEAR, detaining you against you wishes and so on... I am just saying.

DO UNTO OTHERS AS THEY WOULD OD UNTO YOU... or something like that.

Their protests aren't until tomorrow... so it would surprise me to see video of them there today ;)

Their typical MO is to show up shortly before a scheduled time, and stay incognito until the time of the protest. That is the way they have handled themselves at funerals and other events as of late. It is to keep people from focusing in on them prior to their event starting. These people are cowards and hate mongers.

I hope there is a huge down pour of rain, sleet, and hail on their protests tomorrow.

There was a funeral today in Marine City and that's the one I saw on the news.

Well, the WBC was shooed off from the Hillel @ Wayne state this morning. Sounds like there wasn't too much fuss with traffic or anything either. Does not seem like they hit their first target of the day, or at least the Islamic Center isn't on the wires yet.

But another PSA for East Lansing this afternoon...

EAST LANSING — Parking, vehicle and foot traffic will be limited around East Lansing High School during a scheduled demonstration today by members of the Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church.

The protest is planned from 2:50 p.m. to 3:20 p.m. outside the school. A peaceful counterprotest is scheduled from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the parking lot of nearby All Saints Episcopal Church, 800 Abbot Road.

Members of Westboro Baptist Church are best known for protesting at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, claiming the military deaths are the result of Americans’ tolerance of homosexuality. No one from the church returned calls or e-mails to explain why East Lansing was targeted. However, Margie Phelps, a lawyer and daughter of church founder Fred Phelps, is expected to be part of a panel discussion today at MSU’s College of Law regarding the constitutional right to free speech.

Capt. Kim Johnson of the East Lansing Police Department said the Westboro pickets were not required to request a permit for the demonstration because they are not asking for any roads to be closed. Police will strictly enforce all laws and local ordinances during both demonstrations as well as traffic and parking ordinances, he said.

Be careful out there folks :)

I know this isn't about cannabis, sorry. If a mod feels the need to remove this thread, please do so.

I just wanted to give a heads up that the nutters of the WBC are planning on coming to Mi tomorrow, Nov 18th. They have been successfully protested out of a McAlester, OK funeral, and were completely blocked out from even getting to a funeral in Weston, MO recently. So if folks wanna say their peace to the WBC, tomorrow might be your chance to do it.

Also be aware that the last two anti-WBC protests turned out a whole ton of people (locals and out of towners), so if you are in the area, ya might have some traffic problems.

So, here's where they are supposed to be tomorrow, along with the reasons for their protesting the places they are going to according to their website.

Islamic Center of America in Dearborn, MI November 18, 2010 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM

WBC will picket the Islamic Center of America in Dearborn, MI, the largest mosque in North America, to remind the idolatrous, doomed Muslims that Mohammed was a pedophile and a false prophet. Like most other false religious systems of modern doomed america, Islam teaches rebellion against the Lord Jesus Christ. Muslims claim Christ was merely a prophet and that He did not die and live again. They claim His blood is not sufficient or even necessary for salvation. They shall learn the truth when Christ himself returns!

Hillel of Metro Detroit at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI November 18, 2010 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM

WBC will picket the Reprobate Jews at the Hillel of Metro Detroit at Wayne State University. The Jews have spent centuries coming up with "traditions" that have nothing to do with scripture much less obeying the commandments of God. They have made an idol out of their unscriptural rituals.

East Lansing High School in East Lansing, MI November 18, 2010 2:50 PM - 3:20 PM

WBC to picket the worthless brats who attend East Lansing High School, as well as their teachers and parents who have taught them from the cradle that God is a liar. You reprobates will hear some truth for the first time in your lives, to wit: God does NOT love everyone and it IS NOT okay to be gay or to fornicate with anyone or thing you please. Instead, you are to flee youthful lusts that war against your soul and seek to live sober, righteous and godly while on this earth.

with all do respect,this is a medical marijunan site,not a hate site,seems you want attention or somthing,love covers all sin.we should judge,thats gods job

with all do respect,this is a medical marijunan site,not a hate site,seems you want attention or somthing,love covers all sin.we should judge,thats gods job

I did apologize for this not being about cannabis and stated up front that if it is too inappropriate a thread for a mod to pull it..

I figured it was a good heads up of WBC protesting/anti-protesting because of what has been happening recently. With some of the turn outs, people could really be facing traffic messes, or be concerned about loved ones that could be caught up in the protesting messes.

This stuff is escalating and yeah, getting ugly. And I don't know, a fellow board member might also have a kid going to East Lansing, or be a patriot guard, or something like that.

My apologies for assuming that people on this site may be concerned about this non MM issue or any other non MM issue. And for assuming that since a mod didn't shut it down it was an ok subject. I also apologize if it came off as a strong hate message on my part, that was not my intention. And forgive me lastly for feeling like this community is one of the rare non-shredding ones where an issue like this could be discussed and taken in a more positive nature rather than the blatant hating that normally goes on with other boards. Sorry everyone, this thread was apparently a bad judgment call on my part.

I will try to keep in mind that people here are solely concerned with MM topics, and not post about anything non MM again on this site. Thank you for correcting me Stonecrowe.

I did apologize for this not being about cannabis and stated up front that if it is too inappropriate a thread for a mod to pull it..

I figured it was a good heads up of WBC protesting/anti-protesting because of what has been happening recently. With some of the turn outs, people could really be facing traffic messes, or be concerned about loved ones that could be caught up in the protesting messes.

This stuff is escalating and yeah, getting ugly. And I don't know, a fellow board member might also have a kid going to East Lansing, or be a patriot guard, or something like that.

My apologies for assuming that people on this site may be concerned about this non MM issue or any other non MM issue. And for assuming that since a mod didn't shut it down it was an ok subject. I also apologize if it came off as a strong hate message on my part, that was not my intention. And forgive me lastly for feeling like this community is one of the rare non-shredding ones where an issue like this could be discussed and taken in a more positive nature rather than the blatant hating that normally goes on with other boards. Sorry everyone, this thread was apparently a bad judgment call on my part.

I will try to keep in mind that people here are solely concerned with MM topics, and not post about anything non MM again on this site. Thank you for correcting me Stonecrowe.

No need to apologize. I was interested in this topic, and a few others have been as well. What some folks haven't realized is that there are actually other topics that effect us as human beings, and those topics actually have a place on this website. I would even point out that is the reason there are various subforums on this site as well. If somebody is solely interested in mmj topics, they can stick to those areas of the website. Seems fairly simple to me, and everybody is still allowed to discuss whichever topics they wish without forcing others to partake in them.

Archived