Isopropyl Alcohol 99%

Large mixing bowl

Large cooking pot

1 Straight razor blade

Rubber Spatula

1 Fine grade strainer/3 coffee filters

1 Fan

Empty container/pipe

Extremely dangerous!! Complete this task at your own risk!!

Procedure:

1. Add crushed plant material to your large mixing bowl.

2. Add enough Isopropyl Alcohol to completely cover plant material.

3. Agitate with hands then let stand for 5 minutes.

4. Now separate the plant material from the ISO alcohol by straining it through 3 coffee filters or, my personal choice, a fine grade strainer into your large cooking pot.

5. Now this is very important!! As you get ready to cook you need to set-up a fan(s) to help remove the fumes from the cooking ISO. So be sure to do this in a well ventilated area with fans to help move air around.

6. Set-up your hot plate and get your temperature to 300 degrees F.

7. Place you large cooking pot full of strained ISO on your hotplate.

8. Stirring occasionally to keep any sediment off the bottom of the pan.

This cooking process should take between 15 minutes and a couple hours depending on the amount of honey you are making. As you get done to the bottom you will see the color change to a brown and the consistency will start to thicken just like automotive oil.

9. Now turn off the hot plate and remove your pot from the heat and let cool for 15-20 minutes.

10. Now that its cooled down you can begin to remove the honey from the pot with your straight razor by scraping the bottom out.

11. So you have now made you very own honey and you can either grab a pipe and enjoy or use a small clean container for storage, either way you will now be able to enjoy the rewards of your hard work.

Thank you.

This was brought to you by Caring Choice Caregivers.

Guest Happy Guy

Cooking the cannabis and alcohol longer will give you more oil. A 5 minute cook is just knocking the outer oils off the material. You would have a lot more usable oil if you cooked it for 12 hours. Any longer than that gives diminished results. Waste not want not.

By making a stove top still you can reclaim the alcohol instead of releasing the fumes into the air. This method has less chance of fire, you're not breathing alcohol vapor and you can use the alcohol again. Follow the directions on the simple still page replacing the wine with alcohol/oil. Collect the alcohol and leave the oil in the bottom of the pot. They used to sell an apparatus called an Iso2 back in the 70's that did the same thing.

still4.jpg

Guest Happy Guy

If you stop condensing before it gets too thick you can pour it in a glass baby food jar to finish off the condensing in the oven at 220 degrees. That way you have your end product in glass. When you have that end product, take a stir stick or tooth pick and stir it while it is hot. The extra plant sugars will stick to the stick and you can discard that part. Little tricks make a lot better oil!

• 1 month later...

Ive smoked all forms of hash /honey oil since the mid 70s the cleanest ive tasted by far to me was BHO i utilize vector 5x refined butane in a stainless steel extractor pyrex dish boooyaHHH! :goodjob:

yes the bho is deffinently faster but there is a chemical called benzinien in butane that causes cancer. so if your truly in this program for medical purposes and not just to get high then u obviously wouldnt want cancer causing chemicals in ur medicine right?

yes the bho is deffinently faster but there is a chemical called benzinien in butane that causes cancer. so if your truly in this program for medical purposes and not just to get high then u obviously wouldnt want cancer causing chemicals in ur medicine right?

I could not find a reference for benzinien do you mean benzine? As far as I can tell there is no benzine in butane. Benzine is in crude oil but is removed in modern gasoline because of the carcinogenic properties.

Here is the MSDE for butane.

There is no mention in the MSDE for benzine or any carcinogenic substance.

From the MSDE:

Health Hazards:

Inhalation: 1% vapor concentration may produce anesthetic effects. Non-toxic, but may displace oxygen causing

asphyxiation.

Got any proof of this other than something you say :unsure:

Hows about you show me a legit finding by someone other than a internet viewer because Ive researched bho over 2 years now and thats the first Ive ever heard of anything in butane causing cancer. :thumbsd:

One would think if your going to drop cancer hazard myths from butane that you would offer something legit to back that statement for now i call your statement uninformed drivel at best :thumbsd:

Got any proof of this other than something you say :unsure:

Hows about you show me a legit finding by someone other than a internet viewer because Ive researched bho over 2 years now and thats the first Ive ever heard of anything in butane causing cancer. :thumbsd:

One would think if your going to drop cancer hazard myths from butane that you would offer something legit to back that statement for now i call your statement uninformed drivel at best :thumbsd:

i assumed that it was common knowledge and no the goverment is not going to say that something they want you to purchase has a cancer causing agent in it. but for refrence purposes you can check out Ed rosenthals growe bible second edition in how to make hash and oil section and it clearly states there that (yes its benzine i apoligize for the miss spelling) benzine is in flameless butane is known to cause cancer. so for someone who is stateing that my comment is just an uniformed online drivel were have u done your reaeserch on flameless butane

i assumed that it was common knowledge and no the goverment is not going to say that something they want you to purchase has a cancer causing agent in it. but for refrence purposes you can check out Ed rosenthals growe bible second edition in how to make hash and oil section and it clearly states there that (yes its benzine i apoligize for the miss spelling) benzine is in flameless butane is known to cause cancer. so for someone who is stateing that my comment is just an uniformed online drivel were have u done your reaeserch on flameless butane? another source is www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/benzene/basics/facts.asp will clearly show fedral stats on benzene.

Hey how do those ISO2 work? I remember seeing them 25 years ago or so but never bought one. With BHO they seem like old technology but maybe there is some magic there I don't know about.

They are just a simple still. It works like an old time coffee percolator.

i assumed that it was common knowledge and no the goverment is not going to say that something they want you to purchase has a cancer causing agent in it. but for refrence purposes you can check out Ed rosenthals growe bible second edition in how to make hash and oil section and it clearly states there that (yes its benzine i apoligize for the miss spelling) benzine is in flameless butane is known to cause cancer. so for someone who is stateing that my comment is just an uniformed online drivel were have u done your reaeserch on flameless butane

I posted Vectors MSDS for their butane above. It may be true that in butane used for camp stoves is not cleanly refined. The butane everyone is using is 3 to 5 times refined and made for lighters.

I am a fan of Mr. Rosenthal but I must disagree with him on this issue. His book is the only source of this claim that I can find save the references in other forums which also do not produce any evidence. None of the chemistry web sites mention benzine outside of oil/gasoline.

The MSDS says:

SUBSTANCE: Butane Percent: 60.00

SUBSTANCE: iso-Butane Percent: 29.00

SUBSTANCE: Propane Percent: 11.00

None of which contain benzine that I can find. Where would the benzine come from? I doubt they go out of their way to add a toxic chemical with no clear benefit.

I posted Vectors MSDS for their butane above. It may be true that in butane used for camp stoves is not cleanly refined. The butane everyone is using is 3 to 5 times refined and made for lighters.

I am a fan of Mr. Rosenthal but I must disagree with him on this issue. His book is the only source of this claim that I can find save the references in other forums which also do not produce any evidence. None of the chemistry web sites mention benzine outside of oil/gasoline.

The MSDS says:

None of which contain benzine that I can find. Where would the benzine come from? I doubt they go out of their way to add a toxic chemical with no clear benefit.

i do believe that the benzene is the chemical additive that gives odorless gas its smell such as in propane and butane. but the only time the need to list a toxic chemical to the msds that is toxic only when consumed would be with such chemicals that are used for food processing. which in this case butane is not manufactured for food preparation purposes. so the need to list it on an msds sheet is irrelevant. im just stating that the research and yes opinions of professionals that i have come across recommend not using butane. its everyone's personal choice to use it if they will but at your own risk. myself being a caregiver for others would not want to put something that will be harmful to there health in there meds, so even if its just a myth the fact is there are other ways to do it that have no problems. so that's all i was stating when i mentioned the benzene.

i do believe that the benzene is the chemical additive that gives odorless gas its smell such as in propane and butane. but the only time the need to list a toxic chemical to the msds that is toxic only when consumed would be with such chemicals that are used for food processing. which in this case butane is not manufactured for food preparation purposes. so the need to list it on an msds sheet is irrelevant.

MSDS are for worker protection and required by OSHA. They are also for helping firefighters decided how dangerous a chemical is in a building. There is a MSDS for mostly everything and they are very detailed. I am positive if benzene was in it the MSDS would have to list it. Knowing what dangerous chemicals are in it is the whole point behind the MSDS.

im just stating that the research and yes opinions of professionals that i have come across recommend not using butane. its everyone's personal choice to use it if they will but at your own risk. myself being a caregiver for others would not want to put something that will be harmful to there health in there meds, so even if its just a myth the fact is there are other ways to do it that have no problems. so that's all i was stating when i mentioned the benzene.

I don't want to use it either if it is dangerous. Besides Ed's book do you have any other references for professionals that are saying that? I can give you a lot of references I looked at but you are not going to get a list of things NOT included in butane only the things that are included. I can show you that not a single butane reference I found said there was any carcinogenic risk.

i do believe that the benzene is the chemical additive that gives odorless gas its smell such as in propane and butane. but the only time the need to list a toxic chemical to the msds that is toxic only when consumed would be with such chemicals that are used for food processing. which in this case butane is not manufactured for food preparation purposes. so the need to list it on an msds sheet is irrelevant. im just stating that the research and yes opinions of professionals that i have come across recommend not using butane. its everyone's personal choice to use it if they will but at your own risk. myself being a caregiver for others would not want to put something that will be harmful to there health in there meds, so even if its just a myth the fact is there are other ways to do it that have no problems. so that's all i was stating when i mentioned the benzene.

Mercaptan is the stinky stuff added to gasses as a safety precaution. Methanethiol to be precise.

Mr. Brooks! do you smoke mm? or do you only vape or eat it?

Peace

FTW

Jim

Actually.......MSDS sheets are for cases of ACCIDENTAL ingestion as well.

ALL toxic items are to be listed on them. And, what to do if accidentally ingested.

BTW, The purging process is very important in both types of oils.

Archived