The No Smell Grow

Finally about to get back into a greenhouse grow. The space is a top floor, loaded with skylights which make it open to the sky but it reflects bronze so nothing can be seen from above. The landlord, himself a former grower, is talking a lease term that requires no odor outside the space (which is 800+ square feet). The ceiling is ten feet--twelve feet high so I can grow either sativa or indica. Who knows of a strain that is odorless, and especially during flowering, has no, or almost no smell? Which genetics would this be? Yes, the space already has super ventilation and I will renew the charcoal charge, blah, blah, blah, but still, if it exists, I need to find a non-skunky non-funky non-stinky plant. Please help!

Moby Dick from Dinafem has 2 phenos..... one spicy, one pine. the pine pheno has nearly zero smell in flower.

northern lights is usually another good one........ but since that strain has been twisted every way imaginable it may take a bit of testing to find one less smelly than another.

but, lets go another route here.......... not getting into your business, but with proper intake/exhaust a grow can be completely scentless. a carbon filter AND a carbon scrubber will do it for you.

personally, i would MUCH rather put the time and few extra dollars into proper equipment, rather than limit myself to certain meds.

i'm not implying anything..... i dont know your story....... just wanted to make you aware that any grow room with any strain can be 100% odorless if done right. at least odorless outside the room :)

Moby Dick from Dinafem has 2 phenos..... one spicy, one pine. the pine pheno has nearly zero smell in flower.

northern lights is usually another good one........ but since that strain has been twisted every way imaginable it may take a bit of testing to find one less smelly than another.

but, lets go another route here.......... not getting into your business, but with proper intake/exhaust a grow can be completely scentless. a carbon filter AND a carbon scrubber will do it for you.

personally, i would MUCH rather put the time and few extra dollars into proper equipment, rather than limit myself to certain meds.

i'm not implying anything..... i dont know your story....... just wanted to make you aware that any grow room with any strain can be 100% odorless if done right. at least odorless outside the room :)

i second bubblegrower's opinion here. carbon filters work AMAZINGLY well. the key is making sure you have a negative airflow thru your grow room, aka a vacuum, aka, only one way for air to get in, and only one way for air to get out - that's thru the carbon filter.

i have a batch of 8 plants that are in full flower right now, inside the flowering room, it reeks BAD, outside of the flowering room, there is NO SMELL WHATSOEVER.

carbon filters FTW!

:thumbsu::goodjob:

c99 has little odor. It never smells like weed, but some phenos have a slight pineapple smell that will not smell up a house.
Done right you can grow anything but cindy is the least smelliest that i have grown. Having a low smell plant can make things easier and more affordable in my opinion so nothing wrong with looking for genes to suit your needs.

Done right you can grow anything but cindy is the least smelliest that i have grown. Having a low smell plant can make things easier and more affordable in my opinion so nothing wrong with looking for genes to suit your needs.

one of these sitting in the room, along with that carbon filter exhaust will leave NO DOUBT: http://foothillfilters.com/Product/tabid/55/ProductID/8/Default.aspx

you could vent your air outside the highest point possible maybe a roof vent and make sure the exaust is greater than the incoming air and you should have no problems might not even need a filter and grow what ever strain you want just an idea

One interesting thing the OP mentioned was that it's a greenhouse environment.  If he plans on open ventilation during the summer months to get rid of heat, wouldn't smell be a more difficult issue than with a closed grow room?  Perhaps it would work to close up the greenhouse, then run a large fan extracting from the top of the greenhouse out through a large carbon filter.

c99 has little odor. It never smells like weed, but some phenos have a slight pineapple smell that will not smell up a house.

Nice to know about the Cinderella 99 as that is the strain my better half picked out after reading countless articles about the strain.

Happy Turkey Day!

Mizerman

one of these sitting in the room, along with that carbon filter exhaust will leave NO DOUBT: http://foothillfilters.com/Product/tabid/55/ProductID/8/Default.aspx

Do you just sit that in your room BG? I have a Filter exhaust and onagel everywhere imaginable (but discrete places) and it works decently. However I am worried that as I approach the last weeks of flower my girls will overpower that stuff.

I bought a 8" fan with a 8" carbon filter it was probably over kill for the size of the room but I don't smell anything when I open the door to my grow room or while I am in there...... Here is a pic of what it looks like and how I set mine up... I use it for pulling air through my hoods to keep the heat from the lights moving and also clean the air in the room... This setup below cost me $258 shipped on ebay... And the fan is POWERFUL

gallery_15392_238_22069.jpg

Do you just sit that in your room BG? I have a Filter exhaust and onagel everywhere imaginable (but discrete places) and it works decently. However I am worried that as I approach the last weeks of flower my girls will overpower that stuff.

yes, that is a stand-alone air cleaner. its basically the same thing that you have hanging from your ceiling, as far as the carbon filter goes..... except instead of hooking it up to a fan that exhausts the air out of the room, this has a built-in fan and it recirculates and cleans the air in the room.

this unit helps to keep the grow room itself a bit less stinky...... which in turn means less work/filtering for your main carbon filter/exhaust system.

small price to pay if you are a person who needs to be 100% discreet because of children/neighbors/whatever.

any strain cloned so much its in the 22nd or so generation will lose much or most of its odor--anyway that's been true of some 5 or 6 strains I've worked with--don't know it is true of every genetic out there, or not.

It maybe for some strains but mine has been cloned for 22 years and still will stink up the place.

had to dig DEEP into the picture bank for this one :)

here is a carbon scrubber:

gallery_13801_60_100112.jpg

it sucks up air from the room, through the filter(blue part), cleans it, and spits it out the top of the unit.

thanks for ur help. It really clears it up for me. Any links for economical scrubbers to fit a 10X10 room?

thanks for ur help. It really clears it up for me. Any links for economical scrubbers to fit a 10X10 room?

the only "economical" way to do it would be build it yourself i guess.......

but it would be hard to beat this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Inline-Fan-Carbon-Filter-Combo-Odor-Control-Scrubber-/260698059493?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb2d0b2e5

thats a 470cfm fan. we'll be generous and say its filtering at 300cfm. a 10 x 10 x 8 is 800cubic feet. ......... yeah..... thats plenty.

Archived