What's The Difference?

Question:

What's the difference between a state-licensed medical marijuana dispensary and a crack house?

Answer:

Oakland County law enforcement is afraid of busting a crack house.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Note: I saw this in the "Sound Off" section of the Oakland Press newspaper and felt compelled to share.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all,

Mizerman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the whole thing seems cut and dried unless you happen to be in the "legal industry" (never use the term justice system, because our legal system has little to do with justice), then the prosecutors and judges get to comment on plain language and all of the sudden it's a gordian knot, whatta bunch of assclowns!

They are all state-licensed "per se" as all have people running them with state issued cards.

Hell, there's one very, very, very, very close to you if you live in Highland, MI.

Mizerman

That was my question when I read this. They are NOT state liscensed. If they were there would be no problem. They are working in a grey area, to make large amounts of cash. And run the small caregivers out of business. A good friend who has been supplying to a couple of dispensery was told he was no long needed at that price. They can buy out of state meds by the pounds a lot cheaper.

They are all state-licensed "per se" as all have people running them with state issued cards.

Hell, there's one very, very, very, very close to you if you live in Highland, MI.

Mizerman

That was my question when I read this. They are NOT state liscensed. If they were there would be no problem. They are working in a grey area, to make large amounts of cash. And run the small caregivers out of business. A good friend who has been supplying to a couple of dispensery was told he was no long needed at that price. They can buy out of state meds by the pounds a lot cheaper.

That was my question when I read this. They are NOT state liscensed. If they were there would be no problem. They are working in a grey area, to make large amounts of cash. And run the small caregivers out of business. A good friend who has been supplying to a couple of dispensary was told he was no long needed at that price. They can buy out of state meds by the pounds a lot cheaper.

Right On

the dispensaries will be the ruin of our Good Law

protest may be in order....maybe the one in Highland first

its a sad day for the MMMA

btw i have been getting threats from the minions of dispensaries. if anyone else has... let me know.

we fix hemorrhoids...

thanks

"A good friend who has been supplying to a couple of dispensery was told he was no long needed at that price. They can buy out of state meds by the pounds a lot cheaper. "

And another reason NOT to support dispensaries - if they SPEND money on meds from out of state - HOW does that HELP Michigan? We don't want businesses out sourcing our jobs, so why let them out source meds from michigan growers.

If dispensaries want my respect - they would be 100% michigan - and treat all growers and all patients equal.

-DN

Right On

btw i have been getting threats from the minions of dispensaries. if anyone else has... let me know.

we fix hemorrhoids

thanks

The only thing that will be a "ruin of our Good Law" is those who divide our community and make us a non-issue with government officials. The courts will soon tell us if dispensaries are legal. Our new Attorney General has been quoted saying the ARE legal.

"A good friend who has been supplying to a couple of dispensery was told he was no long needed at that price. They can buy out of state meds by the pounds a lot cheaper. "

And another reason NOT to support dispensaries - if they SPEND money on meds from out of state - HOW does that HELP Michigan? We don't want businesses out sourcing our jobs, so why let them out source meds from michigan growers.

If dispensaries want my respect - they would be 100% michigan - and treat all growers and all patients equal.

-DN

Then maybe our care givers should lower their prices? Electricity is fairly cheap in Michigan compared to some other states, plus we have the protection of the law.

Right On

we fix hemorrhoids...

thanks

I agree 100%, thanks for posting that.

-DN

Same here the dispensary said they were getting meds from indiana and kentucky and no longer wanted mi overages

Then maybe our care givers should lower their prices? Electricity is fairly cheap in Michigan compared to some other states, plus we have the protection of the law.

friend my patients get their meds FREE...that is the direction we should go....not overpriced dispencaries

The only thing that will be a "ruin of our Good Law" is those who divide our community and make us a non-issue with government officials. The courts will soon tell us if dispensaries are legal. Our new Attorney General has been quoted saying the ARE legal.

we the people did not vote for dispensaries...they are not with us...they profit from us

An Avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty. It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his ENEMY from oppression; for if he violates this duty he a establishes a precedent that will reach to HIMSELF. – Thomas Paine (1795)

Dispensaries are like a mote around us. First they must take them down. Then they will go after caregivers. Then they will come after us. To know history is to know the future.

An Avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty. It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his ENEMY from oppression; for if he violates this duty he a establishes a precedent that will reach to HIMSELF. – Thomas Paine (1795)

Dispensaries are like a mote around us. First they must take them down. Then they will go after caregivers. Then they will come after us. To know history is to know the future.

whatever...they are more a cespool that mote

dispensaries are the cancer among us

who voted to have gov control our meds thru a dispensary? ANYONE?

lets give the law a chane

very soon the dispensaries wil fall under their own weight.

Guest Happy Guy

Where is there a state licensed dispensary?

Arizona! LOL And they suck big time! If you live within 25 miles of one you can't grow your own. They expect you to spend something like $25,000 a year there on your meds. Wouldn't it be sweet if you could afford to lay back and just go to the store and get your meds for $25000 a year? Keep dreaming and lose your rights to grow. Slap yourself awake people. It's not for medium or low income patients. Let the money changers run the show and you will be back growing illegally and getting picked off by LEO one at a time. Dispensaries are the enemy of the little guy. Plenty of proof of that out there. Rise up!

friend my patients get their meds FREE...that is the direction we should go....not overpriced dispencaries

Their mark up is probably less than yours. The courts have found in other states that Labor is not allowed to be charge for and the new law in Arizona spells out the labor is not to be charged for. So an oz might cost $30 depending on your skill. So you charge a dispensary $150 an oz, a 500% mark up. All retail marks up 60% or more and that is in no risk stores. So the dispensary must charge $230 an oz to break even according to retail theory. Who is the rip off? 500% mark up or the 60% mark up?

If you include labor, which is a gray area, the numbers change. But those in the gray areas "put our Good Law at risk"

Guest Happy Guy

Not a mote, a cesspool! You might love em if you are cashing in. Why else?

The last dispensary owner that was shut down had just applauded a moritorium the week before. A proposed moritorium that would stop everyone but the dispensaries already open from growing. He had one that was open and he applauded the city stopping new patients from growing in that city. Is that enough proof that they are not in it for anyone but themselves?

Guest Happy Guy

Their mark up is probably less than yours. The courts have found in other states that Labor is not allowed to be charge for and the new law in Arizona spells out the labor is not to be charged for. So an oz might cost $30 depending on your skill. So you charge a dispensary $150 an oz, a 500% mark up. All retail marks up 60% or more and that is in no risk stores. So the dispensary must charge $230 an oz to break even according to retail theory. Who is the rip off? 500% mark up or the 60% mark up?

If you include labor, which is a gray area, the numbers change. But those in the gray areas "put our Good Law at risk"

This is total BS fuzzy math. Mine go for $200. What does it go for at the dispensary? Stuff the fuzz. Quit diverting it so you can clean up. Use the caregiver/patient system and help some people!

Arizona! LOL And they suck big time! If you live within 25 miles of one you can't grow your own. They expect you to spend something like $25,000 a year there on your meds. Wouldn't it be sweet if you could afford to lay back and just go to the store and get your meds for $25000 a year? Keep dreaming and lose your rights to grow. Slap yourself awake people. It's not for medium or low income patients. Let the money changers run the show and you will be back growing illegally and getting picked off by LEO one at a time. Dispensaries are the enemy of the little guy. Plenty of proof of that out there. Rise up!

I sure would hate that to happen here.. Rise up PPL!!

This is total BS fuzzy math. Mine go for $200. What does it go for at the dispensary? Stuff the fuzz. Quit diverting it so you can clean up. Use the caregiver/patient system and help some people!

So if you charge $200, which is wholesale, then retail kmart would charge $320. But it is more like a doctors office which has much higher mark due to the risk of law suites. So a dispensary would have a %100 mark up instead of the standard 60% retail mark up, so they would charge $400 for the same oz. What is your mark up to get to $200?

Archived