Willie Nelson - Busted Again...

EdwardGlen

Like charging a politician with being an arsehole, common knowledge.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101127/ap_en_ot/us_nelson_marijuana

SIERRA BLANCA, Texas – A U.S. Border Patrol spokesman says country singer Willie Nelson was charged with marijuana possession after 6 ounces was found aboard his tour bus in Texas.

Patrol spokesman Bill Brooks says the bus pulled into the Sierra Blanca, Texas, checkpoint about 9 a.m. Friday. Brooks says an officer smelled pot when a door was opened and a search turned up marijuana.

Brooks says the Hudspeth County sheriff was contacted and Nelson was among three people arrested.

Sheriff Arvin West didn't immediately return a phone message left at his home Friday, but he told the El Paso Times that Nelson claimed the marijuana was his. The singer was held briefly a $2,500 bond before being released.

Nelson spokeswoman Elaine Schock declined to comment when contacted via e-mail by The Associated Press.

SIERRA BLANCA, Texas (AP) -- A U.S. Border Patrol spokesman says country singer Willie Nelson was charged with marijuana possession after 6 ounces was found aboard his tour bus in Texas.

Patrol spokesman Bill Brooks says the bus pulled into the Sierra Blanca, Texas, checkpoint about 9 a.m. Friday. Brooks says an officer smelled pot when a door was opened and a search turned up marijuana.

Brooks says the Hudspeth County sheriff was contacted and Nelson was among three people arrested.

Sheriff Arvin West didn't immediately return a phone message left at his home Friday, but he told the El Paso Times that Nelson claimed the marijuana was his. The singer was held briefly a $2,500 bond before being released.

Nelson spokeswoman Elaine Schock declined to comment when contacted via e-mail by The Associated Press. [link]

Mod Moved post already started

Posted Today, 08:25 AM

Free Willie! :D The border patrol has learned the way to make money is to go after marijuana. There is no money to be made in just sending illegals back to Mexico.

I have a very close friend who is border patrol and drugs are the last thing they want to deal with. He deals with 300-500 illegals every night. They don't have time for that.

I know a lot of you don't know this, but there are checkpoints throughout the border states in the southwest. These checkpoints are often 50+ miles from the border. Pretty much every well traveled path from the border gets funneled into a checkpoint. Most are permenant and easy to avoid, but thanks to border nuts and racists we keep adding temporary checkpoints all over and building more permenant checkpoints all over. Willie probobly got busted at a temporary checkpoint or a new one they didn't have last trip.

If you don't know about checkpoints look em up. They really suck, and I know cause they have searched my vehicle a couple times when I was 60 or more miles from the border.

The poster before said they aren't looking for drugs, uh yes they are. They have drug dogs, they search your car looking for drugs. But they don't usually prosecute for really small amounts.

Dangerous Outlaw Willie Nelson

Detained by Border Patrol

By Scott Galindez, Reader Supported News

27 November 10

In a major coup for the border patrol's war on drug smuggling on the Mexican border, authorities seized 6 ounces of marijuana and detained notorious pot-smoking outlaw Willie Nelson. Nelson was detained after a border patrol officer heroically boarded his tour bus after detecting a pungent scent in the air

US Border Patrol spokesman Bill Brooks said Nelson's tour bus was stopped at a checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas, at about 9 a.m. on Friday. He said an officer smelled pot when a door was opened and a search turned up 6 ounces of marijuana.

Brooks said Nelson was among three people arrested.

Nelson and his crew were reportedly on their way to Austin following a gig in California. The arrest did not take place on the border, but at a checkpoint well inside the United States.

When news of the arrest leaked to Twitter, tweeters were shocked and Nelson shot up to the top of the trending list.

Comedian John Fugelsang pointed out that while Willie Nelson was arrested in Texas for 6 ounces of cannabis, God, who produces it naturally across globe, is still at large.

A popular retweet: "They arrested Willie Nelson for weed?!? That's like arresting Santa for breaking and entering."

Rock guitarist Slash tweeted: "All things considered, Willie Nelson should have a federal issue, no limit marijuana license. End of story."

However, others tweeted that they would be able to sleep better knowing that Nelson is off the streets.

It didn't take long for Sage Francis to start a new "hash" tag: #FreeWilly.

According to multiple media sources Nelson was released after posting bail in the amount of $2,500.

While I mixed in a little satire, the sad thing is that this is a true story. How many of you would have even looked for the pot? I think I would have told Willie to make sure the driver didn't get stoned, and to have a nice day. After I got his autograph of course.

Scott Galindez is the Political Director of Reader Supported News, and the co-founder of Truthout.

http://www.readersupportednews.org/opinion2/304-justice/4065-dangerous-outlaw-willie-nelson-detained-by-border-patrol

I think the Federal Penalty would of been better . Hope he gets a plea or finds his Texas Tax Stamps . Wasn't long ago Florida caught " Tater Salad " 2008 . Yup they got the "Tater". However that was a gram ...sentance 6 months probation and around 1500 in fines plus costs . The concert to Free Willie should be historic . 60% + of Americans know this is all ridiculous and were suppose to be a Republic protecting individual rights . Yup take Willie out of his bus , making money and paying taxes in excess of 200+ normal wage earners , creating jobs for thousands a year and lock him in prison .

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4566

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4575

I know a lot of you don't know this, but there are checkpoints throughout the border states in the southwest. These checkpoints are often 50+ miles from the border. Pretty much every well traveled path from the border gets funneled into a checkpoint. Most are permenant and easy to avoid, but thanks to border nuts and racists we keep adding temporary checkpoints all over and building more permenant checkpoints all over. Willie probobly got busted at a temporary checkpoint or a new one they didn't have last trip.

If you don't know about checkpoints look em up. They really suck, and I know cause they have searched my vehicle a couple times when I was 60 or more miles from the border.

The poster before said they aren't looking for drugs, uh yes they are. They have drug dogs, they search your car looking for drugs. But they don't usually prosecute for really small amounts.

These guys are on the border, not 60 miles in and uh, no...they arent. If they come across it obviously they will deal with it, but when your dealing with 500 people a night its the last thing they want to deal with. My buddy has no dog either. :rolleyes:

Sierra Blanca is not a border town and it is at least 10-15 miles from the border. So, even though it isn't 60 miles from the border it is similar to other checkpoints that are 60+ miles from the border in that HE WAS IN THE UNITED STATES. Our constituion should protect us from having to go through checkpoints and being searched without a warrent.

There are lots of Border Patrol checkpoints way further than 60 miles the border. They often have drug dogs and they will search you. According to Wikipedia there are 32 permerant checkpoints that are not located at Border crossings and 39 temporary checkpoints that are sometimes open.

Here is a link to a map of checkpoints (for some reason they don't have the ones in Arizona on the map and the map is a little out of date, they have a lot more now)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GAO-09-824_Figure_3.gif

If you ever go through one you better believe that the will search you for personal amounts of drugs.

That being said our undereducated Batrol Patrol is mostly there to harress those with dark skin IMO. A lot of Border Patrol agents just sit around all day listening to the radio and jerking off. I don't how many times I have seen Border Patrol agents doing nothing all day pretenting to work getting paid money that our county is borrowing from our kids and grandkids. This isn't really a joke, because a lot of them do literally nothing all day except drive somewhere, sit there doing nothing and drive back.

I really have absolutly no respect for any of them that aren't at border crossings. And given that the Border Patrol searched Wille's bus again, I have even less respect for them. I really love Willie and it must be rough to get old and see your rights get thrown in the crapper in the name of saving America from people who are broke and want to work and drugs that people want to use. We have lost our rights guarrented to us in the Constitution in the border states and we aren't getting them back.

If there are Border Patrol checkpoints 50 miles from the Border in Arizona, it isn't out of realm of possiblitly they might put them on the Northern Border, perhaps even in Michigan someday in the (hopefully) distant future. (legally they could right now)

Willie is one cool dude

He uses a silver surfer vape so the smell wasnt him

He has all that weed for his long tours and share with his crew

Yeah, this was a high move.....its the boarder guys! get another sack on the other side! LOL!

This is actually great for the movement....news with Willie and weed at the center!

I Love It! Go Willie...you think he gives a dookie stick about the law! ha!

He knows what we all know... what even the feds know....It cant stay down much longer

Its hemp food and hemp products that will turn the ship....People start to realize this plant is here to help us

God Bless Willie Nelson....!!!!!

He's a great performance whether you listen to country or not....good dude

I got a buddy that has to pass through checkpoints every time he drives to and from work in AZ. He hangs out with some of the BP guys in off duty, they know darn well who he is, and they still do their job and check him too. Yep, while traveling in the state, no borders crossed at all.

I don't think all border patrol people are always doing their job right... But some do. I don't think everything they do is as effective as it could be... But some is effective.

I still think it was silly to bust Willie of all people.. Maybe the BP's saw it was Willies bus, and knew for sure they would get a drug hit, and took it.

Archived