Do I Need A Special Sticker Or Stamp To Carry My Med?

I am visiting family in michigan, from Oregon, where I am a patient.

I heard that in michigan you need to have a sticker on your medicine when transporting it.

Is this true? and if so, where do I get these stickers?

We have had the commpassionate care law in Oregon since 1998, and it has become law enforcments lowest prioity,

the laws had be modified a few time for clarification, but usually in a spirit of negotiation, and trade offs. we dont gain anything if were not even at the table, in our case, law got some reasonble limits on quantitys,and the patient got an increase in those same allowable quantities. it's an ongoing process, but it's no longer adversarial.

if you are in compliance, you will not be bothered. I hear that Michigan is stll in the shakedown phase,

so its more important than ever to show a responsible face to the sadly uninformed(or misinformed)officers, who have made a carreer out of this wastefull error.please let me know if there is anything that I should know about tax stamps or the like here. No one should have to be with out thier legally prescribed medicine in this country.

I am visiting family in michigan, from Oregon, where I am a patient.

I heard that in michigan you need to have a sticker on your medicine when transporting it.

Is this true? and if so, where do I get these stickers?

We have had the commpassionate care law in Oregon since 1998, and it has become law enforcments lowest prioity,

the laws had be modified a few time for clarification, but usually in a spirit of negotiation, and trade offs. we dont gain anything if were not even at the table, in our case, law got some reasonble limits on quantitys,and the patient got an increase in those same allowable quantities. it's an ongoing process, but it's no longer adversarial.

if you are in compliance, you will not be bothered. I hear that Michigan is stll in the shakedown phase,

so its more important than ever to show a responsible face to the sadly uninformed(or misinformed)officers, who have made a carreer out of this wastefull error.please let me know if there is anything that I should know about tax stamps or the like here. No one should have to be with out thier legally prescribed medicine in this country.

Hi Technomad! Welcome!

Lmfao, Im sorry, too funny! yea get a bumber sticker that says im transporting weed from oregon to Michigan or Bust!!! :thumbsu:

I couldnt resist, yea your rite we are in a rough stage here leo reads the law one way and we read it anolther!

Your best just not to tell any one, unless the need arises!

Peace

FTW

Jim

thanks for answering my question, so quickly and completely.

I have no need to carry anyway, as I treat at home, and it works for me.

look forward to more genral discussion. every state adds somthing new to the mix.

over 25% of the United States have Compassionate Care laws :goodjob:

Good tip backpain57,

I actually was hoping that the state had issued some sort of 'tax stamp'on a yearly basis,

as I like to collect stuff relating to the golden age of the mind/soul awakening in the west I love signed blotter art, books, and vintage posters etc. I think that the designs/artwork that patients and caregivers devise for thier own use can be collectable.

especialy creative use of season/year, and strain names could be fun.

have you folks thought of doing a fundraiser for the website? donated items auctioned off...

I will have to look through your forums more closely to see if im in the right place. I'm not sure, but are MI paitients and C.Givers allowed to grow outside? other than keeping it out of sight, most folk in rural oregon prefer that full sun, labor intensive fall, and lots of bubble stock :D don't forget to cure those pancakes boys and girls. it's treated the same (by wieght), and it's not as recognizable. But it is effective, believe you me!!!! Time for my therapy then off to bed.

see yall later............ technomad

The lable for your meds (above is nice) is a good idea even in Michigan. The idea is if strangers or police catch a glimpse of your meds - they will see it labled as medical use - and hopefully not act harsh. How we store and carry our meds is what will separate us from the people carrying street meds in their plastic baggies stuffed in their pockets. Our meds will be labled, and locked in a carry case.

-DN

Also I figured I wanted something that does not scream MMJ so it is on there sort of like the name of the pills are on regular bottles. However I left off the big leaves and large MMJ name. That way most who see it wont know it is anything but a medicine bottle. I also plan on a case I have a good metal tool case like this.

I dont know about being so paranoid that I'd put my herb in a locked case. It stays in my pocket. I roll 7 or 8 fatties for a trip out, I'm NOT in FEAR of these NAZI'S!! NAZI's rule by the infliction of fear, if we cower they will rule forever.... As my Freedom fighter ancestors did in poland in the 40's. Fear no NAZI, and take special care to interrupt their plan of a easy takeover. :sword: Off with their Heads!!! :sword:

Archived