Called Out At The Post Office

EdwardGlen

We took one of the people we are helping with a ride and postage to the post office to send off their applications to the post office and it turned into a cluster flock.

When she was called to the counter and explained her mailing choices the woman behind the counter in a loud voice asked her co-worker three windows down "when someone is sending for a marijuana card does it have to go registered mail" you could of heard a pin drop.

'Tammy' objected to women mentioning what the mail was for and left with out continuing the mailing.

This women was in tears and mad as hell for what that women did to her in front of at least thirty total strangers, maybe.It is her local post office and its possible there was a neighbor that she didn't see or a friend of a friend.

She has contacted an attorney and I will let the community know if anything comes from this.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We took one of the people we are helping with a ride and postage to the post office to send off their applications to the post office and it turned into a cluster flock.

When she was called to the counter and explained her mailing choices the woman behind the counter in a loud voice asked her co-worker three windows down "when someone is sending for a marijuana card does it have to go registered mail" you could of heard a pin drop.

'Tammy' objected to women mentioning what the mail was for and left with out continuing the mailing.

This women was in tears and mad as hell for what that women did to her in front of at least thirty total strangers, maybe.It is her local post office and its possible there was a neighbor that she didn't see or a friend of a friend.

She has contacted an attorney and I will let the community know if anything comes from this.

ahh clerks. Clueless behavior seems to be the norm in customer service settings nowadays and for some reason the best are not hired by the government

Right On ! Ghoul Power ! Just tell 'em whatevers cheaper, thats what I do ! (probably registered?).

Whas da problem, beeaaatch? Some a dem Gmin/Gwimin got that condescending, power trippin, self rightous head trip thing goin on, dont mind them they're kinda jealous it only costs $ 2.35 for the assurance and peace a mind that being a totaly legal person, knowing that is so unneccesary, just the same, its cheap insurance, you get the stupid proof of mailing coupon, next step: Getting Medicated. Then everyone lives happily for a year thereafter when you get to do the same charade over again.

So not to worry, you can visit them next year and explain to the Bimbos that your Medicine was a bit potent and you had to leave to keep from bursting out laughing at the monkeys behind the counter ....

Just an FYI for others out there:

My mother-in-law went to the Parchment Post office and mailed mine (I was too sick to go). She was treated very well by the lady there and the lady knew exactly how to get it sent, as she said she had helped many patients mail them (maybe she was a patient herself?). So, go to the Parchment Post Office if you live nearby, you won't have the hassle.

By the way, my mother-in-law lives with me and my hubby and she has seen the incredible difference between me taking prescription drugs vs. medical marijuana and is completely convinced of its medicinal properties. If I can show her, I can only hope one day that others opposed or skeptical can open their eyes as well.

"IF" The letter was in the "hands of" the federal clerk when this happened you may have recorse, however you will get no where with the US post office. I have been down that road many times.

Like 1TokeOverLine said

"Choose your battles carefully."

Hello All!

I think that you can't say anything now days without getting someone mad! What's the BIG DEAL? People are just to sue crazy.

When I got my card, I used it for ID to cash a check at a bank, to pick up something at a Walmart, but the clerk at the counter at the post office wouldn't acept it for ID to get my mail! I had told her that it was harder to get this card than to get my drver's licence!

NO BIG DEAL!

Tnx,

LURD

Guest Happy Guy

Sometimes these people actually like the idea of medical cannabis cards. I kidded around with a postal clerk in Lansing about it. She had even been down to the Hash Bash! They think it's cool that we are out of the closet. My local mail deliverer had to deliver a package to my door the day the renewal forms came. He tapped the letter that said MMMP on it three times with a big grin and said, "Good stuff". They are just bored and like interesting things to talk about. Relax.

Paperwork does not need to be registered or certified mail. State cashed my check two days after mailed with a stamp.

and if you dont have a copy of the delivery confirmation or cashed check you may as well wipe your butt with your paper work,,,,you will be waiting for your card along time, and nothing to prove state cashed check if you get caught with your meds!!

Make sense! did you check into anything before you filled out your paper work and put a stamp on it?

Lots of luck to ya!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Guest Happy Guy

Cashed check does the job without exposure.

If you want to register the letter also, go for it.

Then you have two proofs.

What happened first, the chicken or the egg? The receipt or the cashing? I think that points to what is most effective. The post office has a tiny bit more credibility than a private bank. Not much more, but a little bit more. Maybe the letter was trashed in the mail and the check found it's way to MDCH and was cashed? It's better to have proof the letter made it there and not just a check. It really doesn't prove anything other than they received a check and that check was cashed. It's better to have some proof that the documents themselves were received.

Hello All!

I think that you can't say anything now days without getting someone mad! What's the BIG DEAL? People are just to sue crazy.

When I got my card, I used it for ID to cash a check at a bank, to pick up something at a Walmart, but the clerk at the counter at the post office wouldn't acept it for ID to get my mail! I had told her that it was harder to get this card than to get my drver's licence!

NO BIG DEAL!

Tnx,

LURD

You used your card to cash a check? how did u do that with no picture...lol. i wouldnt go around town useing my card as my i.d. its great to have a card and all but dang dude think a little. i actually find your statement to be false. that is not a state id. and there is no way u can use it as i.d.

What happened first, the chicken or the egg? The receipt or the cashing? I think that points to what is most effective. The post office has a tiny bit more credibility than a private bank. Not much more, but a little bit more. Maybe the letter was trashed in the mail and the check found it's way to MDCH and was cashed? It's better to have proof the letter made it there and not just a check. It really doesn't prove anything other than they received a check and that check was cashed. It's better to have some proof that the documents themselves were received.

You could have sent them an empty envelope.

and if you dont have a copy of the delivery confirmation or cashed check you may as well wipe your butt with your paper work,,,,you will be waiting for your card along time, and nothing to prove state cashed check if you get caught with your meds!!

Make sense! did you check into anything before you filled out your paper work and put a stamp on it?

Lots of luck to ya!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Printed cashed check off computer and received canceled check with my next bank statement. Doctor made me copies of certification and attached social security records to carry with proof of cashed check.

Alack alas, why do people think that embarrassment equals a lawsuit? I remember when I was working in Matt Abel's office many years ago as a newly graduated lawyer how an idiot called about his wife getting her haircut too short. People think just because you can sue for anything that you should. The answer is NO! :notfair:

My question is WHY WERE YOU EMBARRASSED? Being a medical marijuana patient is nothing to be ashamed about and the reaction is a bit puzzling to me. :rolleyes:

You should have just smiled and icily thanked the clueless clerk for broadcasting your private medical information.....

As for the room getting quiet they were probably just curious about your reaction given the apparent novelty of legal patients after so long with the war on drugs.

You should do everything to CYA.

1.) Send the application certified/registered mail so they have to sign for it and then you get the little green post card back in the mail to you.

2.) Hopefully, the applicant has a bank account and you can print up the cancelled check.

We all know the card-waiting time is around 4-5 months as of right now.

It's far better to be safe and to protect yourself, your belongings, and your home, car, etc...than to just put a stamp on it and hope for the best.

Mizerman

Guest Happy Guy

You could have sent them an empty envelope.

BS again PB. Think man. An empty envelope wouldn't have the postage a 5 pager does. Let's be real and not play games. This is about patients safety not game playing. I suppose you are going to say you could have sent an envelope with 5 blank pages. Arguement for the sake of arguement is all it is. Any good attorney will tell you to send it certified. Mud in the water isn't helping....

BS again PB. Think man. An empty envelope wouldn't have the postage a 5 pager does. Let's be real and not play games. This is about patients safety not game playing. I suppose you are going to say you could have sent an envelope with 5 blank pages. Arguement for the sake of arguement is all it is. Any good attorney will tell you to send it certified. Mud in the water isn't helping....

Look .. I'm not trying to start some sort of tinkle match.

I think that the canceled check provides more proof than certification. Both together would provide the most proof.

Certification only shows an envelope was sent to the MDCH. In addition requires the patient to expose themselves in a post office.

The certified mailing would add to proof. But it's a trade off. Is the additional evidence worth risking exposing yourself in the application process? I figure small gain for the risk trade off.

Each person would consider their own acceptable risk level.

I see nothing wrong. Your patient could have simple asked about the options and cost to send her letter to Lansing. Instead, your patient told what she was mailing. The clerk, likely not knowing anything about the subject, ask her co-workers to clarify what was asked of her.

BTW- registered mail is needed as proof of the date the State received your paperwork. Having this proof, in addition to a statement of received payment is best.

Contact the Post Master, complain, and suggest sensitivity seminar for his staff. Then a follow up w/PM to see if any steps where taken to keep it from happening to others. Raise a stink w/out being stinky. :bong7bp:

Medicate yourself before and after.

Archived