Droid Phone

I have a Blackberry supplied by work. The problem with Blackberry is if it uses your company Blackberry Enterprise Server back end there are logs that show what web sites are visited. Also all corporate email goes through the Exchange server so they have access to that as well. I just can't bring myself to pay for a phone when I have one for free but I sure would like that Android.

Tmobile vibrant, rooted, clockworkmod recovery, jk6 modem, 2.2 froyo, overclocked to 1.2 ghz, best phone i have ever had, gps was bad out of the box but root, fix, and its great, 40m accuracy in a few seconds, and the SAMOLED screen is easy to see through polarized glasses and in sunlight. able to get extra bandwidth if im in a 4g area sicne the phone does not have 4g but it will go 7 mb/s so it gets a 3mbs boost from 3g to HSPA.

Also have a mytouch 3g running OTA froyo, CWM recovery, new radio and spl to give it 14mb extra memory, and a nice shiney swap partition.

I use a windows phone to keep an eye on the boards at work. I would hate for the corporate overlords to see MMMA traffic hitting the firewall from my work PC

hahah i've been doing this at work for years and NOC has never said anything.

i'm on a DroidX and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. best phone available IMHO. blows the iPhone and every other phone out the water plus the better network never hurt.

Tmobile vibrant, rooted, clockworkmod recovery, jk6 modem, 2.2 froyo, overclocked to 1.2 ghz, best phone i have ever had, gps was bad out of the box but root, fix, and its great, 40m accuracy in a few seconds, and the SAMOLED screen is easy to see through polarized glasses and in sunlight. able to get extra bandwidth if im in a 4g area sicne the phone does not have 4g but it will go 7 mb/s so it gets a 3mbs boost from 3g to HSPA.

Also have a mytouch 3g running OTA froyo, CWM recovery, new radio and spl to give it 14mb extra memory, and a nice shiney swap partition.

Golly gee fellow geek does that not void the warranty. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I liked the jailbroke iphone I had. People just don't mode the blackberry. The android operating system is perfect for modding. I am kind of looking forward to checking out the new android OS tablets that are like the ipad that will be coming out in 2011. Half the price of a ipad and none of the apple tight control over app development and fair use content.

hahah i've been doing this at work for years and NOC has never said anything.

i'm on a DroidX and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. best phone available IMHO. blows the iPhone and every other phone out the water plus the better network never hurt.

I have the droidx too! Love it, but it's so big sometimes i wish i had the droid 2... both are good phones.

I've had the iphone, a nice windows phone, My wife has the iphone, had a blackberry bold, the droid takes them all easily.

• 1 month later...

also have a droid, AND IT'S AWESOME!! just don't forget to turn off the GPS when taking/sharing garden pic's. unless you want to share your exact location too

and you realy think you can shut that off? lmao! :lol:

Peace

FTW

Jim

I prefer throw away phones, not texting, and i buy a new one every other month for cheap with minutes, i throw the phone away when the minutes run out, and go get another, only for my business phone!

I have a smart phone thru straigth talk, cost me 45 a month for unlimited mins, texts, and data! pay as you go, I had a 700 dollar phone bill thru verizon before going to pay as you go, now my bill is like 180 amonth for 4 phones, instead of 700 amonth with the same services!

Peace

FTW

Jim

For the real Droid geek check out the new Motorola Zoom Tablet at CES this year. It is supposed to be out this quarter for Verizon. It is running the new Droid 3.0 OS. 10 inch widescreen makes it a little bigger than the ipad. Tabbed browsing as well as some cool youtube features. HD video with a front and rear facing camera. This will be every geeks dream.

• 1 month later...

I got the droidx about three weeks ago and I can't say enough about it...what a great piece of equipment (calling it a phone really isn't fair now, is it?). My top five apps are: Google goggles, pandora radio, shop savvy, metal detector (this actually works well enough for me to use it as a stud finder in the wall by picking up the drywall screws) and of course the 3g mobile hotspot. I really went back and forth between the droidx and iphone and I'm more than glad with my decision!

Archived