Monster Energy Drink

I used to drink these all the time.. Until I found the Rip-it STINGeR MO drink..

They are half the price and way better :D

I still buy the monster when I get acid reflux.. If I smoke and drink one of those the reflux goes away and I get hungry within a half hour usually..

Anyone else here like the Monster drinks? Tried the stinger mo's yet? If you havent yet, your wallet will be glad you did!

Feel free to pass the savings onto me ;)

Guest finallyfree09

i drank a rockstar energy drink while i was hunting in colorado a few years back. i already had a bit of altitude sickness so i wasn't quite feeling right. after half a can i felt like i did a line of really bad coke or something... made me VERY ill. couldn't stop shaking and the headache was one that i won't soon forget.

energy drinks imo are nothing more than substitutes for all the "go-pills" they made illegal a few years ago... you know, mini-thins and all that. hated those things too. lol

i will stick with good ol pepsi. love the taste and it doesn't make me feel like garbage after i drink one.

does monster have taurine in it? do you know what taurine is? something to do with a horse... look it up! :lol:

i drank a rockstar energy drink while i was hunting in colorado a few years back. i already had a bit of altitude sickness so i wasn't quite feeling right. after half a can i felt like i did a line of really bad coke or something... made me VERY ill. couldn't stop shaking and the headache was one that i won't soon forget.

energy drinks imo are nothing more than substitutes for all the "go-pills" they made illegal a few years ago... you know, mini-thins and all that. hated those things too. lol

i will stick with good ol pepsi. love the taste and it doesn't make me feel like garbage after i drink one.

does monster have taurine in it? do you know what taurine is? something to do with a horse... look it up! :lol:

i've had the shakes from them a few times.. but only if i drink 2 of them..

no headaches from them though..

i remember the mini-thins craze, lol.. those things sucked!

i drank a rockstar energy drink while i was hunting in colorado a few years back.

im a rockstar guy. im not one for the fruity flavors. i actually enjoy that "chemical" taste (for lack of a better description)

i'd rather drink redbull, but for the same price, rockstar gives you twice as much drink and twice the punch too.

i really could care less what anyone says about harmful side effects as i drink these things 2-3 times daily and have done so for years. im still stupid. no change :)

i enjoy my coffee. but it gets old after awhile.... and sometimes hot drinks after slaving in the hot grow rooms just doesnt work.

most of us "die-hard" growers get very little sleep and require aids such as these.

I used to drink copious coffee and energy drinks, until one day I started feeling like I was having heart attack/stroke symptoms.

It was just anxiety/panic attacks. I gave up caffeine and taurine cold turkey, which prompted a 10 day migraine.

Ever since then I've been fine. . . pretty much just water nowadays.

Just a note of caution to all the Red Bull lovers (and other energy drinks like it) and especially those who like to sip and put it down, sip and put it down, etc. over long spans.

While Coke has the lowest pH, it's overshadowed by the highest mean buffering capacity of Red Bull--this stuff can basically destroy teeth. Gatorade was next on the list

for prolonged acidity in the mouth. Any soft drinks with citric acid are worse than Coke (i.e. Mountain Dew, Squirt, Sprite, Orange Soda etc.) when it comes to cavities.

Adding a lot of caffeine to any drink will dehydrate you and the dry mouth that results from that also puts you more at risk for lots of visits to your dentist.

Just sayin' ... even if the energy drinks don't affect your heart or give you headaches, there can be another health concern lurking....

Climbing down from my soapbox now. :rolleyes:

Just a note of caution to all the Red Bull lovers (and other energy drinks like it) and especially those who like to sip and put it down, sip and put it down, etc. over long spans.

While Coke has the lowest pH, it's overshadowed by the highest mean buffering capacity of Red Bull--this stuff can basically destroy teeth. Gatorade was next on the list

for prolonged acidity in the mouth. Any soft drinks with citric acid are worse than Coke (i.e. Mountain Dew, Squirt, Sprite, Orange Soda etc.) when it comes to cavities.

Adding a lot of caffeine to any drink will dehydrate you and the dry mouth that results from that also puts you more at risk for lots of visits to your dentist.

Just sayin' ... even if the energy drinks don't affect your heart or give you headaches, there can be another health concern lurking....

Climbing down from my soapbox now. :rolleyes:

I got to agree with some of the others that those energy drinks are really not good for you.

Drink more water- dehydration can cause fatigue, and water helps more than processed drinks.

Try teas of alfalfa, dandelion, ginger, ginseng, licorice, strawberry, or any of the prepackaged kind on the shelf that are called energizing teas, they will often have a pleasant combination of energy herbs. Drinking tea is a way more natural form of consuming for energy then chemical liquids. Sort of how MM is way more natural than chemical drugs.

Archived