Vaporizers How It Helps!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just save up enough vaped for one batch of brownies (I love chocolat lol) and I put 1/3 more not vaped, it just gives you a lil bang from it, but the burnt alone is just fine, there are still canebanoids in there that work for pain, xaniety, ect!

p.s to the guy up top who rolled one for family, nope they didnt catch a buzz if you vaped it rite, no thc left (very lil)

Peace

FTW

Jim

I would love to put unused cannabis into the oil along with the duff - but - just don't ever have enough to do that with.

Yep, our muffins are more about pain relief at night-time.

I even rolled up some duff to share with another patient or two to show them what we were smoking - we didn't "get high" - but, everyone took about two steps "off the mental ladder" at a poker game...lol

It's another Festivus MIRACLE!

Mizerman

I would love to put unused cannabis into the oil along with the duff - but - just don't ever have enough to do that with.

Yep, our muffins are more about pain relief at night-time.

I even rolled up some duff to share with another patient or two to show them what we were smoking - we didn't "get high" - but, everyone took about two steps "off the mental ladder" at a poker game...lol

It's another Festivus MIRACLE!

Mizerman

I left some at my XSister in laws' she thought it was herb, smoked it up, then claimed she got a little bzzz from it. I was like, hahaaaa ? I didn't leave anything there.....

So whats up with the muffins? No Bzzzzzzzz ? Did you do an extraction ?

Merry Xmas, MMan

I dont care for vapes either. I bought mine specificaly because I cough alot when smoking. I was told to buy a vape cause it dont make you cough. Which in my case that advise was crap. It makes me cough so much harder than smoking in a joint. I mean there has been a time or two that I literally almost passed out from coughing. I tried it at many different heat levels and always the same. So I stick to my tried and true method of smoking it in a joint.

Thanks

Wozer

Guest Happy Guy

I dont care for vapes either. I bought mine specificaly because I cough alot when smoking. I was told to buy a vape cause it dont make you cough. Which in my case that advise was crap. It makes me cough so much harder than smoking in a joint. I mean there has been a time or two that I literally almost passed out from coughing. I tried it at many different heat levels and always the same. So I stick to my tried and true method of smoking it in a joint.

Thanks

Wozer

Using a vaporizer is like a breathing treatment that's why it is recommended for asthma patients. If you have a lot of lung congestion it will make you cough it up. Some strains are more effective expectorant than others. Always remember, coughing can be a good thing for your lungs. If you are a heavy smoker the vape will definitely make you cough a lot. Get that crap out of there!

I left some at my XSister in laws' she thought it was herb, smoked it up, then claimed she got a little bzzz from it. I was like, hahaaaa ? I didn't leave anything there.....

So whats up with the muffins? No Bzzzzzzzz ? Did you do an extraction ?

Merry Xmas, MMan

This is exactly what I do. Last night, I had almost three 35mm small plastic film cannisters full of the duff.

I put that in a small pot with 2 cups of cooking oil. I put that on low heat on the stove for 6 hours. Strained the oil and duff through cheesecloth for my "new & improved" cooking oil.

Today we will be making Mini Banana Nut Muffins. 2-3 of these muffins are like taking a Flexeril at bed time.

Some day I hope to do this with actual BUD as the muffins would be simply MAGICAL!

Hope everyone has a great week. I have to start making the muffins!

By half-time of Monday night football I might be yodeling out on the porch naked with my banjo...

Mizerman

wozerdozer, on 26 December 2010 - 02:59 PM, said:

Thanks

Wozer

Using a vaporizer is like a breathing treatment that's why it is recommended for asthma patients. If you have a lot of lung congestion it will make you cough it up. Some strains are more effective expectorant than others. Always remember, coughing can be a good thing for your lungs. If you are a heavy smoker the vape will definitely make you cough a lot. Get that crap out of there!

WOOHOO!!

:thumbsd: There is a difference between coughing up congestion and coughing till you practicly pass out. The vape is not for everybody. I quit smoking cigs a year ago and smoking my meds is the way for me.

wozerdozer, on 26 December 2010 - 02:59 PM, said:

:thumbsd: There is a difference between coughing up congestion and coughing till you practicly pass out. The vape is not for everybody. I quit smoking cigs a year ago and smoking my meds is the way for me.

Now, that doesn't seem possible, that smoking will irritate the lungs less than vaping. Must be psychological, or not using a proper vaporizer properly.

One problem I have encountered with the vape however, is what I refer to as the 'Ebb and Sneezer Scourge,' whereby the urge to sneeze occurs just after inhaling a load of vapor. Your ego doesn't want to let go of the payload and trying to hang on to it can blow your head off. Best remedy: let it go, empty he lungs as expeditiously as possible before the sneeze - hopefully.

Some vaporizers offer attachments for cooling the vapor before it enters the lungs and may offer relief for those claiming hypersensitivity to vapor.

Someone said that vapes are only good for medical grade cannabis, and that they are no good for use with trim or shake. I have to respectfully disagree.

1) Shake is no problem.

2) Trim is MUCH better through a vape than any other method. It's trim for Pete's sake - you cut it off the bud because you don't want to smoke it! The ratio of leaf matter-to-THC isn't worth putting it into a bong/pipe/joint, but with a vape you're not incinerating the leaf matter so it's no big deal. I'd rather throw the sugar trim into my Vapor Brothers unit than bother with cooking, hash, etc.

3) Here's the best part: since the vape is so much more efficient than smoking, you will save tons of money, so you can switch from regs or schwag to medical quality without taking a hit to your pocketbook. Win, win, win! Our vape paid for itself in less than 3 months, and we ended up using it more often and smoking WAY better quality herb in the process.

I LOVE my volcano! Pricey? Yes, but worth every penny! I use mine several times a day and have since I bought it last April and have had no problems. I even bought an extra mouthpiece and canister so I can have one canister for SATIVA for the day and one filled with INDICA and sometimes hash for night time and pain relief.

If your coughing when you vape, try turning the temperature down and taking smaller tokes. My medicine in my volcano bag stays fresh for a while, so there is no hurry to suck it down in one or two tokes.

Besides using the duff (the vaped marijuana) for cooking oil/butter, you can also just put it right into capsules-no need to decarboxalte first as its already been heated. I have a pretty sizeable tolerance and yes, I do feel high from the duff caps. Than again, I vape on my classic volcano around the 6.25 mark on the dial and change the medicine out after about 3 regular size balloons. :thumbsu:

Thanks

Wozer

Take smaller hits!, you realy dont need to see any smoke for it to be working, I prefer to see the smoke, as long as the mm is not burning, I take lil hits no coughing, with the lil easy vape, I just hit it and pull the bowl of the heat, when im ready for another hit i put it on and hit it rite now, nice and slow and not enough to cough, Im a cougher too, it took me quite a few times to get it rite, and now diff mm smokes a lil dif, hotter not as hot etc, just take lil hits if you can!

to mize i beleive you said you wish you had some un vaped to mix with it, I save so much vaping that i can use a lil for that now! I have literaly cut my usage in half as far as how much (quanity) i use, I still medicate the same amount as i always did, just dont take as much!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Someone said that vapes are only good for medical grade cannabis, and that they are no good for use with trim or shake. I have to respectfully disagree.

1) Shake is no problem.

2) Trim is MUCH better through a vape than any other method. It's trim for Pete's sake - you cut it off the bud because you don't want to smoke it! The ratio of leaf matter-to-THC isn't worth putting it into a bong/pipe/joint, but with a vape you're not incinerating the leaf matter so it's no big deal. I'd rather throw the sugar trim into my Vapor Brothers unit than bother with cooking, hash, etc.

3) Here's the best part: since the vape is so much more efficient than smoking, you will save tons of money, so you can switch from regs or schwag to medical quality without taking a hit to your pocketbook. Win, win, win! Our vape paid for itself in less than 3 months, and we ended up using it more often and smoking WAY better quality herb in the process.

heck yea vape it all! I usualy can realy only taiste the mm on the first puff or 2, than its kinda like no taiste just feel it filling the lungs! :thumbsu: no smell, they say if you smell something like popcorn you have it to hott!

I love the volcanoes, and the extremes and many other vapes out there, most have ceramic heat elements now, as long as you have a general idea of temp your good to go now, when i first bought a lil peice of junk one we used it on commercial weed, it worked, becuase it burned it lol

I have some pretty good socalled commercail smoke now, that works awsome in the vape. I dont know about most, but the commercial I get usualy is grown rite here or a state away, and alot of people brick it to hide it easier, not everyone is legal and worrys about state or fed laws! I know a guy who lives 30 minutes from me, I got mm from him for over a yr, he bricked some! I was getting the brick until this yrs crop came in, kinda bummed not as good as last year, oh well movin on!

Peace

FTW

Jim

rafaeltoral, on 26 December 2010 - 02:03 AM, said:

The vapes mentioned in the original post are all complete crap.

The volcano, mentioned later in the thread, is excellent but overkill. I sold my volcano after six months. A few months later I bought

a vapor bros vape, which is about as cheap as I'm willing to go.

The Aromed is next on my list. It is about as Medical Grade as I have seen. The volcano comes close, it just always felt like overkill.

I always used more than I should have trying to fill up a bag. With the vapor bros I can parse my meds more efficiently, however, I feel the vapor bros is a few notches below medical grade.

I can only imagine the toxic crap the really cheap vapes are constructed with.

hey rafael! niether one of the first 2 i posted burn your mm! The point was to give some one the idea to try one that actualy worked for cheap! my vapir one is pretty awsome, blows balloons and I dont just fill a balloon, i fill a big clear garbage bag with one cartridge, potent as hell, I even vape commercial weed if I am stuck with it, works just as good! I said nothing bad about the valcano or the extreme, they just were 2 pricey for my taiste! most of us are disabled and living on a fixed income, its hard enough to afford our meds let alone a 400 dollar vape, had I seen the one Ionic got on ebay I would have bid on that, good price!

Peace

Jim

I have never used a Volcano vape, and I would like to, but I have used the easy vape which I saw at my local head shop for $129, they work good. Maybe compared to the Volcano they are crap? I have no idea. For someone just wanting to try one out, $50 or $129 is a good deal for a vape that works compared to spending $600 and finding out you don't care for vaping. My patients have had no complaints with the easy vape I have.

Thanks Phaquetoo, I wanted to purchase one for one of my low income patients. Since being right after Christmas and all I didn't have the extra funds, but for $55 total cost to get it to my house, well I can afford that. I have happily purchased one from the links you left above.

Thanks again!

:thumbsu:

I have never used a Volcano vape, and I would like to, but I have used the easy vape which I saw at my local head shop for $129, they work good. Maybe compared to the Volcano they are crap? I have no idea. For someone just wanting to try one out, $50 or $129 is a good deal for a vape that works compared to spending $600 and finding out you don't care for vaping. My patients have had no complaints with the easy vape I have.

Thanks Phaquetoo, I wanted to purchase one for one of my low income patients. Since being right after Christmas and all I didn't have the extra funds, but for $55 total cost to get it to my house, well I can afford that. I have happily purchased one from the links you left above.

Thanks again!

Dude if you are gonna get a $129 one save up a lil more and get a $165 one

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-NEW-ARIZER-EXTREME-Q-4-0-HERBAL-VAPORIZER-W-REMOTE-/260711498367?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb39dc27f

Does bag and whip comes with 2 bags and remote, I just got mine today after buying it on sunday, they ship out of Illinois so only 3 days here. Tell you right now the bag is the bunny muffin man

Dude if you are gonna get a $129 one save up a lil more and get a $165 one

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-NEW-ARIZER-EXTREME-Q-4-0-HERBAL-VAPORIZER-W-REMOTE-/260711498367?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb39dc27f

Does bag and whip comes with 2 bags and remote, I just got mine today after buying it on sunday, they ship out of Illinois so only 3 days here. Tell you right now the bag is the bunny muffin man

No doubt man! When I saw the same one I got at the head shop for $129 for only $55 with a bonus grinder on e-bay I was pretty bummed, but hey, as they say, live and learn.

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks again!

You are welcome! at that price im thinkin of getting a few more as i can afford it, just to stash in case it stops working rite, between the easy vape and my vapir one I have 200 into it, and they do all the volcano does, the vapir one blows up the bags and came with 5 lil bags, I made one out of a clear garbage bag, you want to talk about working!!! any of them with a ceramic heating element should work fine, mine gets used in the morning, aft, and nite, for almost 3 months now, stilll working, and if it breaks my vapir one will be there!

Good Luck Grow Goddess, that is real nice of you to get one for your pt's to try!

Peace

FTW

Jim

So I finally scrapped up enough for a cheap vape. The first day, trying to get used to it. The second day the heating element cracked and broke. Less than 2 days of light use. I am very discouraged about vaping. I know if I just spent $700 for a top of the line volcano I would be happy but that isn't going to happen.

Jim and friends, I am happy you are vaping and having success with that method. Sounds like a good idea. Maybe I will try again some day.

So I finally scrapped up enough for a cheap vape. The first day, trying to get used to it. The second day the heating element cracked and broke. Less than 2 days of light use. I am very discouraged about vaping. I know if I just spent $700 for a top of the line volcano I would be happy but that isn't going to happen.

Jim and friends, I am happy you are vaping and having success with that method. Sounds like a good idea. Maybe I will try again some day.

which one did you try?

I have dropped mine a few times, thought for sure it would break still working, I will be up front when it stops working, its not like i have an investment in easy vape accept for the 50 bucks to get it here!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Vapit XL 2100. Glass heating element just cracked and broke while heating up in a warm room. Just sitting on a table. It was never dropped or misused. No reason to do that except poor materials and workmanship. $70.00 for nothing. That is a lot of money down the drain to me. Maybe the vape fairies will bring one if I lose my teeth next, huh? You know that is why we know that the tooth brush was invented in Kentucky don't you? Because any other state would have named it the teeth brush! (I am from that state so I can make fun of it). Thanks for trying to help. Have a good one Jim!

Vapit XL 2100. Glass heating element just cracked and broke while heating up in a warm room. Just sitting on a table. It was never dropped or misused. No reason to do that except poor materials and workmanship. $70.00 for nothing. That is a lot of money down the drain to me. Maybe the vape fairies will bring one if I lose my teeth next, huh? You know that is why we know that the tooth brush was invented in Kentucky don't you? Because any other state would have named it the teeth brush! (I am from that state so I can make fun of it). Thanks for trying to help. Have a good one Jim!

Thats funny teeth brush!

this lil easy vape comes with a 5 yr warranty, yours should have had some kind of warranty, if you got it from ebay you will get your money back, if from a head shop take it back!

Peace Bro!

Jim

Take smaller hits!, you realy dont need to see any smoke for it to be working, I prefer to see the smoke, as long as the mm is not burning, I take lil hits no coughing, with the lil easy vape, I just hit it and pull the bowl of the heat, when im ready for another hit i put it on and hit it rite now, nice and slow and not enough to cough, Im a cougher too, it took me quite a few times to get it rite, and now diff mm smokes a lil dif, hotter not as hot etc, just take lil hits if you can!

to mize i beleive you said you wish you had some un vaped to mix with it, I save so much vaping that i can use a lil for that now! I have literaly cut my usage in half as far as how much (quanity) i use, I still medicate the same amount as i always did, just dont take as much!

Peace

FTW

Jim

As I sit here sipping on my coffee and using my vaporizer, I want to say thanks for this thread.

Vaporizing is what I do under our doctors orders.

I miss rolling one up as with some flavorful strains it is great. But, put one of those flavorful strains in your vaporizer? Yabbadabbadoooooooooooooooo!

2011 I hope to get a volcano - even if I have to go shake my azz out on I-75 for some $$$!

A while back a kind soul who introduced me to his vaporizer had a strain called Juicy Fruit or Bubble Gum? And, I swear to God that it tasted just like a piece of gum but it put a much bigger grin on my face!

Festivus ROCKS!

Mizerman

I bought it from a local smoke shop. I asked him about returns, and he said no returns if used. There was no paperwork at all with the unit and I asked about it and he opened a couple of boxes and no paperwork in any box. My mistake, so I will pay for it by not vaping any more any time soon. Oh well, live and learn, life goes on,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aso4qltChjM

Archived