Musical Ladies

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHOICE TaJ!

I often have wondered if the Gershwin brothers ever imagined how many times this

song would be interpreted. Timeless

A good question with many possible answers. I am amazed at the natural talent a young person could exhibit with all the feeling....and display of one certain art form.....yea, I bought the CD.:blush:

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Here's my contribution. Both are covers, and one has already been mentioned in this thread but I think I like the Joss Stone version better.

As for the second cover, what can you say? I'm not a country fan in the least, but Gretchen flat does justice to Ann's voice.

Flat power......Both of these ladies...

Here's my contribution. Both are covers, and one has already been mentioned in this thread but I think I like the Joss Stone version better.

As for the second cover, what can you say? I'm not a country fan in the least, but Gretchen flat does justice to Ann's voice.

Flat power......Both of these ladies...

Hey Garfield, thanks for these! Prime choices indeed. I CRANKED them :D

chicks rule... boys drool!

I was and continue to be influenced BIG TIME by Ani DiFranco. She is just such a dang Renaissance Woman! i got in to her a bit late. but when i did, she was profoundly influential for me musically and personally. Musically, her percussive style and inventive tunings has me tinkering endlessly. Personally, i got in to her about a year before the demise of my first marriage. She gave me faith in women again when i had lost hope. Also, my forever wife got us tickets to see Ani in an outdoor concert for my birthday a few years back. Thanks Ani! Great thread, imiubu!

http://www.ifc.com/videos/performance-ani-difranco.php

I missed your link, thanks.

A good question with many possible answers. I am amazed at the natural talent a young person could exhibit with all the feeling....and display of one certain art form.....yea, I bought the CD.:blush:

Like this young lady, how could she even be old enough to

fully understand what she was singing about, then

to put all that raw emotion into it... Yep, amazing

Hey Taj, I checked out your McGyver link. Great Idea, I hope it takes off.

There is a plenty of DIY'ers out there. Will be interesting to see what

projects come about :thumbsu: