Ripper Gets Shot In Battle Creek

peanutbutter

Don't bring bug spray to a gun fight, I always say. :lol:

Abe Lincoln may have freed all men, but Sam Colt made them equal. You can be the best martial artist in the world but you are not faster than a bullet. Even Kwai Chang Caine would stop fighting when a gun was pulled.

So if you have a gun you automatically win? Not sure it works like that in the "real world"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to be harsh, but when your door gets kicked down, and you're scrambling for your bug spray, you will be sorry you didn't have a gun.

Even with your self defense classes, if you are lucky enough to get up, get the spray, and round the corner to confront the intruders the next thing that will happen most likely is you getting shot dead in front of your family while holding a can of bug spray and standing in the swan kick pose from Karate Kid.

If they have targeted you for robbery because you grow, chances are they are coming in with guns.

Watch Vids online to see what happens when mace is sprayed in a closed area, everyone is affected, and in most of the police tapes I've seen, the assailant continued right on kicking the a** of the cop after being sprayed.

As far as self defense classes go, if you think you are going to disarm mutiple robbers bare handed in the dark with your skills you have been watching way to many movies.

Get a gun, in fact, get a few, take a combat shooters course, everyone in the house.

Then practice with them.

Also do break in drills, might sound silly, but you can make sure everyone knows how to react, from the little kids hiding, to the older ones and adults grabbing their guns and heading for their pre assigned spots.

As a former boy scout, I find their motto serves me well in life

"Be prepared"

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

You're right about getting ready, all I'm saying is bug spray and karate will not save the day.

Boy Scout! :goodjob: I love it!

Peace

FTW

Jim :lol:

So if you have a gun you automatically win? Not sure it works like that in the "real world"

Yeah, but I'll still take a gun over a can of bug spray any day of the week.

I was watching an episode of "I survived"

3 Armed intruders broke into this old couples house, the old man gets beat and shot(doesn't die) and goes down.

The old woman runs for her pistol, and engages in a room to room gun battle with these guys, they said over 70 shots were fired in the house, she killed one, and wounded another before they fled.

They would both be dead(old couple) if not for having a gun in the house, and the willingness to use it.

wow, this ripper thing has really got under my skin... Now that I know what it is, lmao!

I am still in the city, so right now I can't have a firearm... But I do keep meathooks by the front and back doors- a beef side at the front door, and a pork side by the back door. Also keep a double headed battle axe on my desk, and an assassins stiletto on my nightstand. And a burglar (got noting to rip, lol) better stay out of my workshop while I'm in it, or they are mincemeat.

A nice alternative to toxic bug spray is pepperspray- Don't even have to buy the fancy stuff in a can, a homemade mix in spray bottles works well too :) Tazers are also awesome :)

And guns... what ever happened to using rock salt in shotguns? Won't quite kill usually, but sure does leave a person with the story of "don't go there, they will shoot yer arse full of salt!"

An interesting one a buddy of mine told me about- if you have a room that needs protecting (like a grow room) and isn't close to your main living quarter.. say the room is in the basement, and your regular rest of the house is upstairs.. rig any entry points with a shreeker. It works by putting out a loud noise when the circuit is broken via opening the door, window, ect. I'm not sure how he did it, but he connected his with the shreeker from a fire detector so it's super extra loud. Ya can really disorient and blow someones ears that way. Not quite so useful to make em super loud if the doors your are connecting are close enough to blow your own ears. But the regular shreekers still work great for that, still startles the snot out of the person breaking in, and can give you valuable moments to do something about the situation.

Of course, making sure your doors are solid core is wise. So are installing breaker bars- like the flip latches you see on hotel doors. Just installing one a few inches above your regular lock or below the knob can really help add some time to kicking a door in. Adding one halfway between the lock and top, and another halfway between knob and bottom is extra helpful. So is making sure you have three instead of two hinges on the door.

Adhesive window films can help make windows harder to break in too- if you apply it snug and tight. Not the water kind you use on car windows, use the sticky kind meant for house windows. Acts sort of like the film that covers safety glass in windshields. Liquid glass can work like that too I've heard. I use it, but never had one of those windows broken, so I don't know how well it works, lol.

Amusingly, a fun outdoor deterrent are scat sprayers- but they can only be used during non-freezing weather. Those hook up to your garden hose and have a little motion sensor on them so they turn on and spray animals, scaring them off. Those can work pretty decently on humans too, apparently we don't like getting suddenly wet any more than the animals do, lol.

A lovely way to help protect lower windows is with trellises-preferably with something growing on them, lol. Make sure they are sturdy enough to slow down someone breaking in and support your plants, but not worthy of trying to use to get a leg up to higher window action. Roses and well groomed raspberries work nicely. Make sure you attach it at the top by the window- keeps the trellis from directly laying on the house, and makes it harder for a robber to just pull down to get at the window. If you do window boxes with minis, like rambling strawberries- you can have the added benefit of just opening your window to harvest yummy stuff!

I am glad to see so many pro gun people on this website!!! Not quite what I was expecting. Never the less...Home security is very important to me as well. I live in an average part of a northern wayne county suburb (oops did i expose myself? ) So crime here really isn't a problem...I know my neighbors and they know me...however they have no idea I grow here. Although its a safe area, and very few people know I even do this at all...i am still on alert.

Best home defense number #1- keep your doors locked! (and your mouth shut as best as possible about your grow ) Numerous crimes are often the ones of opportunity. A big ole dog will scare the sh*t out of most people. I suggest a german shepherd, and doberman or rot as well as pitbull or any mix there of. I have a soft spot for sheps, they are great dogs and amazing guards!

#2 invest in a shotgun!! Yes thats right!!! a good ole scatter gun...12 gauge remington 870 express tactical...short barrel for room to room combat...load it up with double ought buck shot. This stuff takes down a big arse deer, it will take down your average or big man no problem. Got Thin walls? use trap or skeet loads. These can be had for about 350 bucks! You will win if you properly use this tool! Every time.

#3- learn to use the darn thing!- practice with it! make sure its always ready to go and well oiled, no time for a jam during a home invasion. I suggest that if you have a significant other you take them along with you and let them practice too! I can tell you this- an invader would never make it out of my house alive.....I am a crack shot. Period. Have a plan in case of break in..just as you have a fire plan and bad weather plan( hopefully ) keep your self practiced on what you would do during a break in and play out a few scenarios.

#4 home surveillance systems- camera tech has come a long way! order up a 4 camera system from tiger direct for just over 300 bucks! A crucial piece to see exactly who is breaking in...even if you aren't home. Right along side that goes the home alarm system- numerous companies offer do it yourself wireless kits that can blanket your entire home with sensors and all types of tech for 500 bucks! You can rig these up to an auto dialer that will call a programmed set of numbers in the even it is triggered. Couple the alarms capabilities with some loud piezo horns blaring outside and in and you will have one hell of a security system. The auto dialer keeps the police out of the equation as well....

Another great piece of security- Know thy neighbors! I have met all of my neighbors and ask them to keep an eye on my place when we arent home. None of them know i grow, they don't need to.Many of these people are retired, home bound for whatever reason, do shift work etc.several sets of eyes keeping a look out is better than none. Outside motion lights also go a long way to keep creepers out. I put them in the dark areas of my yard. The front part is always well lit. Lights during the night often scare would be intruders onto easier targets.

ALso, if you travel to such places as- a grow store, compassion club meetings, banks or other mmj events...DONT go straight home!!! thats right! You can be followed and targeted for invasion. Make a loop down a random street...if you are being followed you will know it.

Follow these simple steps and you will be on your way to feeling more secure...grower or not. Cheers -KZIE

I am glad to see so many pro gun people on this website!!! Not quite what I was expecting. Never the less...Home security is very important to me as well. I live in an average part of a northern wayne county suburb (oops did i expose myself? ) So crime here really isn't a problem...I know my neighbors and they know me...however they have no idea I grow here. Although its a safe area, and very few people know I even do this at all...i am still on alert.

Best home defense number #1- keep your doors locked! (and your mouth shut as best as possible about your grow ) Numerous crimes are often the ones of opportunity. A big ole dog will scare the sh*t out of most people. I suggest a german shepherd, and doberman or rot as well as pitbull or any mix there of. I have a soft spot for sheps, they are great dogs and amazing guards!

#2 invest in a shotgun!! Yes thats right!!! a good ole scatter gun...12 gauge remington 870 express tactical...short barrel for room to room combat...load it up with double ought buck shot. This stuff takes down a big arse deer, it will take down your average or big man no problem. Got Thin walls? use trap or skeet loads. These can be had for about 350 bucks! You will win if you properly use this tool! Every time.

#3- learn to use the darn thing!- practice with it! make sure its always ready to go and well oiled, no time for a jam during a home invasion. I suggest that if you have a significant other you take them along with you and let them practice too! I can tell you this- an invader would never make it out of my house alive.....I am a crack shot. Period. Have a plan in case of break in..just as you have a fire plan and bad weather plan( hopefully ) keep your self practiced on what you would do during a break in and play out a few scenarios.

#4 home surveillance systems- camera tech has come a long way! order up a 4 camera system from tiger direct for just over 300 bucks! A crucial piece to see exactly who is breaking in...even if you aren't home. Right along side that goes the home alarm system- numerous companies offer do it yourself wireless kits that can blanket your entire home with sensors and all types of tech for 500 bucks! You can rig these up to an auto dialer that will call a programmed set of numbers in the even it is triggered. Couple the alarms capabilities with some loud piezo horns blaring outside and in and you will have one hell of a security system. The auto dialer keeps the police out of the equation as well....

Another great piece of security- Know thy neighbors! I have met all of my neighbors and ask them to keep an eye on my place when we arent home. None of them know i grow, they don't need to.Many of these people are retired, home bound for whatever reason, do shift work etc.several sets of eyes keeping a look out is better than none. Outside motion lights also go a long way to keep creepers out. I put them in the dark areas of my yard. The front part is always well lit. Lights during the night often scare would be intruders onto easier targets.

ALso, if you travel to such places as- a grow store, compassion club meetings, banks or other mmj events...DONT go straight home!!! thats right! You can be followed and targeted for invasion. Make a loop down a random street...if you are being followed you will know it.

Follow these simple steps and you will be on your way to feeling more secure...grower or not. Cheers -KZIE

could not have said it better my self....I did these things before I started growing (even though my grow has sucked donkey balls these last 2 rounds).....I cannot suggest the not driving straight home thing more, even if its just taking a round about way to get home, or going down a few streets that are not yours. Safety means nothing without piece of mind.

If I remember right didnt the man who died of the heart attack a while after the raid recently have some sort of surgery which was attributed to the heart attack? It is kind of hard to say the police raid startled him so much 2 days later he collapsed on the floor, that is just looking for a way to point a finger man, I said the same thing when they were protesting it and I also said Buchard would say the heart attack and raid were unrelated issues, low and behold in his press statement later that day he said the same thing and said people just wanted to point fingers. Summary, it is childish and will not accomplish anything to say the after effects of an action 2 days later caused a heart attack.

Sal Agro's health may have been borderline, but I don't believe that the stress from such a severe raid didn't significantly contribute to his premature departure. This can't really be much of a stretch to understand how his death and the raid are related. I Would Not Call This A Coincidence.

this may not have been completely on topic, but i thought that something needed to be said.

Outstanding post!!

All good advice

We need an MMMA gun club

A "Ripper" is one who will follow you to your growsite and rip you off when you are not looking.

Keep it on the down low, burn your paperwaste (boxes, papers containing cannabis information, anything medical marijuana related)

don't tell anyone you are growing

light tight, air tight, lips sealed and you won't see a ripper or ever get ripped off.

Also tazers are not legal in MI for private citizens use. Not sure why the non lethal choice is illegal but you can open carry a firearm without a permit.

Ack, tazers are illegal in MI? I didn't know that! WTF is that all about :( Much safer than a gun, even if you miss for some odd reason it isn't damaging to the surrounds. I'm all good with guns, but yeah, pretty odd that the non lethal choice is out :(

Archived