Advice On A Caregiver

So I'm signing with a caregiver who asks about 250 dollars an ounce compensation for the cost of growing. But limits me to around 2 ounces a month because he would like to sell my excess to dispensaries for more money.

Is this a fair deal? Fairly new to the MM community.

So I'm signing with a caregiver who asks about 250 dollars an ounce compensation for the cost of growing. But limits me to around 2 ounces a month because he would like to sell my excess to dispensaries for more money.

Im not even touchin on the price! No I dont think that is fair, Unless that is the amount you guys agreed on before you signed him! (hired him)

Im not saying that them 12 plants are yours! but he should be able to meet your needs before ever gettting rid of any to the dispenses!

I can say this! If I was your c.g we would have a basic agreement on how much mm you would need in said month or week or how ever you get paid! (monthly or weekly) I would always have 2.5 oz's cured and ready for you no matter what! Lets say for some reason You start getting double of what you were getting the previous month, and maybe a lil more than that the next month! Now im gonna have to sit and have a talk with ya! If your not being helped by hospice, Im gonna be thinkin your selling your meds!

Now dont get me wrong (i dont care what you do with your meds) we are going to have to sit down and now redo your contract, so that I can accomadate you, and also so you can accomondate who ever you (lets call it a ) p to p transfer with!

now you notice i didnt talk price yet or if im giving you any free mm for being my patient and giving me your grow rights!

Ok here comes the $ talk; Lets say we sign a contract that I give you an oz a month free(every month) and you require 4 oz's a month, So we sign an agreement that i give you 1 oz a month, and you pay me for my services 125 a peice for 3 oz's every month, no up fronts, done on paydays! (thats not to say as i get to know you and your ailment that i wont give you some or let you slide, because that is what a c.g should do) now all of a sudden you are getting your free oz and paying me for all for 1.5 of the other and taking your limit, and coming back for the other 1.5 later that day! and than you start calling me and need 3 or 4 more the next week for the 125! (what would most people think about that?)

You know How i would treat that! 1st of all, I would be wanting you to pay me what i can get from the despens for your sudden extra use! (now im thinking you are selling your meds, just like a dr. does when he urine tests you and you dont have any of the meds in your system)

Also im not saying i wont provide what you need at 2.5 a visit! but we are going to have to sit down and renegotiate our agreement! and maybe that would be the time for you to start your own G.R so you can do what ever you want with your meds!

If we sat down and we knew about the size of the yeild of the 12 plants, I would be more than willing to let you have every single bit of it every crop! You will have to compensate me, but it will be so much cheaper than growing it your self, or getting it from a despens or from the street! and if it was a 90 day crop I would still be giving you 3 oz's out of it for free!:sword:

Man I wish I was my won c.g! lol

Peace

FTW

Jim

Tell him you will sign if he lets you get what you need then is gonna move to dispensories. Thats crazy he even told you that.. It is funny I think most CG sell to dispenses. Several on here listing what they have available is exactly what I seen in Ann Arbor this afternoon :) got some blueDream that smells good

The $250 is about average from the compassionate caregivers and clubs but in no way would i agree to limits like that although i smoke very heavily and cant smoke an oz a month myself how much are you currently using per month on average ?

If its not over 2 ozs i think its a good choice of caregiver for you.

Guest Happy Guy

The patient is supposed to come first. The caregiver is making money at $250. What was described here was pure greed and a disregard for a patient. If it's true, the dispensary is circumventing the caregiver/patient relationship.

What do dispensories give for an oz? I have never checked. I seen a guy come in with some to move in AA and was wondering

From what I've heard from many sources and friends they pay about half of what they sell it for in nearly every case. I have friends that have taken meds to dispensaries and they offer to pay 150-250 then sell them for 350-500 they work in just a tiny bit of profit.....

And no this is not intended to spark a debate of the overhead costs of a dispensary, I know they are not 4000 plus a day. Dispensary owners are making high six figures profit annually.

The patient is supposed to come first. The caregiver is making money at $250. What was described here was pure greed and a disregard for a patient. If it's true, the dispensary is circumventing the caregiver/patient relationship.

I'm not so sure it's greed, Growing can be tedious, time consuming, and a risk to your personal safety and freedom. There's nothing wrong with someone wanting to make some profit from it, the $250 price is more than fair...you'd pay up to double that at clubs. And 2 oz a month? I'm not sure what you do for a living but most people wouldn't need to smoke more than 2 oz a month nor can they afford $500 a month, that's 14 grams every week guys, about 4 normal sized joints a day. That's plenty in my book. Not saying limiting you is right but hell you shouldn't need more than that or even be able to afford that.

michiganmedclones thats about the price I was think.In my opinion that would be a sweet gig just supply dispensories but the legalities of it kinda worry me :(

If there was some sort of clarity then I'd be all for it IF and that is a HUGE if, they did NOT mark everything up 50% and just absolutly rape patients. Cali allows patients to bring in overages and they will pay you for it, thats a good gig but again I don't know what type of profits are worked in. I rather help patients around here for well under 400 an oz instead of taking it somewhere I don't trust anyone and if anything were to happen I'm pretty sure they would give up any information on their suppliers to lessen their sentance. Just my opinion tho

The $250 is about average from the compassionate caregivers and clubs but in no way would i agree to limits like that although i smoke very heavily and cant smoke an oz a month myself how much are you currently using per month on average ?

If its not over 2 ozs i think its a good choice of caregiver for you.

I prefer edibles over smoking is the thing, and use quite a bit of the medicine on food related projects. I only smoke a fraction of the meds (maybe 1.5 oz).

I have a bit of asthma, so smoking to medicate is unrealistic quite a bit of the time. And anyone who knows anything about cooking with marijuana knows it can take a bit more medication to achieve the same effect as smoking it with cooking.

Guest Happy Guy

I'm not so sure it's greed, Growing can be tedious, time consuming, and a risk to your personal safety and freedom. There's nothing wrong with someone wanting to make some profit from it, the $250 price is more than fair...you'd pay up to double that at clubs. And 2 oz a month? I'm not sure what you do for a living but most people wouldn't need to smoke more than 2 oz a month nor can they afford $500 a month, that's 14 grams every week guys, about 4 normal sized joints a day. That's plenty in my book. Not saying limiting you is right but hell you shouldn't need more than that or even be able to afford that.

I've been growing for patients since 12/4/08 and you don't need to tell me that it is time consuming and tedious. That's what work usually is. Sounds like whining. At $250, $50 more than I get, he's doing quite well by the hour unless he's a bad grower. Since he has enough to sell to the dispensary I think he has it down. If you can't see that telling your patient they can't have anymore because you want to sell it to the dispensary for MORE MONEY then you must work for the dispensaries. Everyone else should/would be outraged at what was described in this thread. Think about it for a minute. It is wrong.

I've been growing for patients since 12/4/08 and you don't need to tell me that it is time consuming and tedious. That's what work usually is. Sounds like whining. At $250, $50 more than I get, he's doing quite well by the hour unless he's a bad grower. Since he has enough to sell to the dispensary I think he has it down. If you can't see that telling your patient they can't have anymore because you want to sell it to the dispensary for MORE MONEY then you must work for the dispensaries. Everyone else should/would be outraged at what was described in this thread. Think about it for a minute. It is wrong.

So when a doctor limits you to 1 pill of vicodine a day, that is wrong? :rolleyes:

I don't work for dispensaries lol. Sure he might be making money but he deserves to, setting up a proper grow room isn't cheap, neither is maintaining it. It isn't just the caregiver's time that he/she is being compensated for. Not to mention they are still at risk of federal law and their own personal safety. I'm not saying I completely agree with the caregiver's "rules" but calling him greedy is sort of a quick judgement.

You could also look at this from another point of view, he may only want legitimate patients, meaning patients who most likely won't be selling their medicine, really 2oz a month should be enough for anyone... if your truly in need of medicine you should only be medicating yourself to alleviate symptoms, not get completely baked cheech and chong style.

Edit:

Oh and read the last line of my first response...

"Not saying limiting you is right but hell you shouldn't need more than that or even be able to afford that."

I never said I agree with it, just that I understand where the CG is coming from, chillax ;P

Archived