Greenthumb Seeds G13 Grow Journal

porcupine

I'm tempted to buy a pack (of 2), but honestly I'm in limbo because of the price. No way I'd be able to spring for 10!

Whats this 10% discount I just read about? What if we get a bad seed, or worse, 2 bad seeds!?! I mean you get a pack of ten and even if half are bad, I'll be able to live with it. It would definitely make you sour on a company if you get 1 bad seed out of 2 (especially since you're paying top dollar). I know chances of getting 2 bad seeds aren't too great, but I'm sure it happens.

He used to give a 10% discount to Michigan cardholders, which I believe is still in effect (I would call the company). You need to send a copy of your card or approval papers with your order. I would think you could still use your credit card, but you would probably have to send or fax them a copy of your card/approval paper.

I am almost positive that Doc guarantees germination. I have no idea what the guarantee's requirements are as I've not had an issue yet but you can always call him and ask, but I would "assume" you would need to pop them right away as he doesn't keep your records.

I'll post a few pictures tomorrow. :pic:

They are coming along nicely!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my order today. as always doc put in an extra so they are really 3 packs not 2. either way I am jazzed since I have a line up of people and a dispensary wanting to buy some clones off of me. the clones will easily pay for the order all by themselves and then some and I get mine for free.

so if you buy 2 packs he gives a third for free. does he do this for everyone? if so i will for sure be buying 2 packs at a time

so if you buy 2 packs he gives a third for free. does he do this for everyone? if so i will for sure be buying 2 packs at a time

I have always gotten an extra seed with every order, no matter what sized packet. Everyone else that I know has also gotten an extra seed.

yeah i think you got a bit confused...... you are purchasing 2 beans but he always throws in an extra..... so your "2 pack" is really a 3 pack. or the 10 pack is really 11. there is no benefit in buying multiple packs though........ just a free bean in every pack

I have always gotten an extra seed with every order, no matter what sized packet. Everyone I know has too.

yeah me to. i was just wondering about what greenman posted said he got three packs for two. he must have meant 3 seeds instead of 2? does the g-13 2 pack come with a extra seed

Thanks for doing this journal. I been reading a lot about the doc and his gear. I ordered big laughing on sat., and been trying to find a journal for it with no luck. I'm hoping I dont regret getting this instead of the dope, or endless sky.( I,m sure I'll be back for more) Anyway thanks for letting us see the "pudding". I will be watching intently.

p.s I know. I should have gotten the dope.

Coming along nicely!

Both:

gallery_6229_120_576192.jpg

#1:

gallery_6229_120_722173.jpg

gallery_6229_120_20142.jpg

#2:

gallery_6229_120_330418.jpg

gallery_6229_120_363851.jpg

good lord they sprung up :)

im gonna play hell catching you...... :)

but i'll still try though.

I ordered big laughing on sat.,

I'm hoping I dont regret getting this instead of the dope, or endless sky.( I,m sure I'll be back for more)

hahaha, you type exactly how i think :)

Thanks for doing this journal. I been reading a lot about the doc and his gear. I ordered big laughing on sat., and been trying to find a journal for it with no luck. I'm hoping I dont regret getting this instead of the dope, or endless sky.( I,m sure I'll be back for more) Anyway thanks for letting us see the "pudding". I will be watching intently.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Big Laughing, I've tried it but haven't grown it, and I really liked what I was fortunate enough to try.

wow! That was a lot of BS to read, and now were 4 pages in and just out of seedling stage. could this thread be cleaned up a bit. I am not going to chose a side, nor should any one, but this IS a grow journal. glad muskiesdearjon was dismissed from the thread.

I am very interested in this seed. If they cost this much per seed... what about Phenotype selection? are we to understand that this group of seeds is so refined that there will be only one pheno? I have only heard good things about the good DR.'s seeds but depending on one or two seeds to use for a clone run seems risky. could it be that it is "That stabilized", of a high-bred that you can expect every seed to be "the one" that is worthy of a run?

that said... I want to buy this seed. I'll wait to see these results first.I have a question on ethics here and maybe this is not the place but I'll happily move it to a new thread, but it pertains to well respected genetics, like these.

If I grow this seed, Is it ok for me to give cuts to friends? sell to clients? or even to self a clone and sell seeds from it? I am not saying that I have the intention to do these things, but If I got it, and grew it, I would want to give a few clones to friends, if it was all that it was cracked up to be. porc mentioned that he would be helping oout a friend or two(not his exact words) with a clone. is this ethical with a high priced coveted seed like this?

i was wondering the same thing just last night.

i didnt know what your vertical limits were.......

you gonna top early or late??

They don't stretch much, so I think I am going to let them grow another node or two and then find the best place to pinch them off and try to get a good, successful, "FIM" on them.

• 2 weeks later...

I topped both the girls standard style a couple days ago. I was going to FIM #1, but her laterals were much more developed and would have resulted in a very uneven growth between the two girls during flowering, so I decided to do both the same for uniformity's sake. #2 is starting to show some magnesium or micro-nutrient deficiency with a little bit of slowed growth compared to #1, so I fertilized both with a half strength mix of Nature's Nectar organic fertilizer. I gave them both a foliate spray with Organa Add 2-0-0, tonight which is a micro-nutrient formula used in conjunction with Natures Nectar fertilizer program, or on it's own as a supplement with other fertilizer brands, either soil or hydroponically. It is a great foliar spray or supplement which is OMRI certified if anyone hasn't heard of it.

I notice I need to raise the humidity a bit as they are under a strong breeze every few seconds, and are starting to show a little humidity stress in a couple of the leaves.

The plan at the moment:

I'm going to transplant them into three gallon pots within the week or so to let them vegetate awhile and then top them again after another couple nodes to get a good solid four cola plant with some strong laterals. After they reach 24" I will transplant them into either 8 gallon Air Pots or Smart Pots to vegetate to 30" or so and then start the flower cycle.

Here are some pictures of the girls as of a few hours ago. :pic:

Both:

gallery_6229_120_573257.jpg

#1:

gallery_6229_120_178076.jpg

gallery_6229_120_130890.jpg

#2:

gallery_6229_120_584593.jpg

gallery_6229_120_113452.jpg