Mj Analysis

mrd

Here ya go.

This info was posted in this thread about home test kits.

http://michiganmedic...-thc-test-kits/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

Spend your money in Michigan if you're going to have your medicine tested. Not an endorsement just an example that we have local small businesses that need our support.

http://www.cannalabsusa.com/

Canna Labs

Southfield, Michigan

24480 West 10 Mile Road

Southfield, MI 48033

Tel: 855-CannaLab

This post has been edited by David1946: 23 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

Herbal Elements Inc. in Traverse City is doing Gas Chromatography potency testing. They have a state of the art lab and are planning on doing mobile testing programs around the state.

Their contact info is:

Herbal Elements Inc.

502 E. Front St.

Traverse City, Mi. 49686

231-421-5966 local and 1-855-519-9469 toll free

Thier website herbalelementsinc.com is under construction and will be up and running within the next 10 days.

They have testing plans starting as low as $30 per test.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've reviewed the results list on this and other testing sites and it almost seems as if there is not a direct correlation between total thc% and potency/effect. Although the big favorites display thc numbers that are above average, they don't top the lists. Like different flowers have different scents, i believe that various strains exhibit different elemental thc compositions that can vary in potency and apparent effect in ways that go beyond total concentration.. It seems like common sense, but doesn't really seem to be part of the scientific understanding.

I've reviewed the results list on this and other testing sites and it almost seems as if there is not a direct correlation between total thc% and potency/effect. Although the big favorites display thc numbers that are above average, they don't top the lists. Like different flowers have different scents, i believe that various strains exhibit different elemental thc compositions that can vary in potency and apparent effect in ways that go beyond total concentration.. It seems like common sense, but doesn't really seem to be part of the scientific understanding.

Great point! Unfortunately, there are not commercial standards available for many of the cannabinoids meaning that they can not be quantified unless they are custom purified in house. We are currently working on solving this problem and hope to be quantifying them in the future. Also, cannabinoid ratios are much more important than overall potency when determining the effects of a product (ie: THC-dominant, CBD-THC balanced, CBD-rich).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived