Joe .. You Might Have Missed This One Also.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Just when hemp growers thought they won a huge favor, the tax act was snuck in by amendment. The Say No To Drugs program was never offered for a public vote either. When they lose on the big public front they will try every backdoor method that has worked to serve their purpose in the past.

Politics as usual, public be damned.

1T

When I talked with Celeste Clarkson last week at MDCH/MMP she said the reason why she wasn't hiring more people to process the "more than 450 applications they were getting per day" is because she "saw the writing on the wall about the budget".

She didn't want to have to hire people...and then fire them.

Privatization is the word she used with me.

Mizerman

Being sneaky is the ONLY way then can be, they KNOW they'd lose otherwise. The People are wising up. The REAL abusers are our politicians, judges, leo, PA's, etc. Thankfully not ALL of them, but the bad ones give them ALL a bad name, just like in any other group. When someone in our community is a bad example, look what happens, that goes for anyone in any group. Look at the examples they're setting, not just our reps, etc. What a shame. They should be ashamed of themselves, but instead, they're proud and arrogant. Everyone has their day. Some days they will be riding high but they will soon fall under the weight of their own cruelty, ignorance, stupidity, or what ever. It's the Law of Return, and there's no escaping it, even if they don't believe in it. NO ONE gets their way all the time, we sure don't, and certainly NOT them either. People are tired of being pushed around.

Sb

Being sneaky is the ONLY way then can be, they KNOW they'd lose otherwise. The People are wising up. The REAL abusers are our politicians, judges, leo, PA's, etc. Thankfully not ALL of them, but the bad ones give them ALL a bad name, just like in any other group. When someone in our community is a bad example, look what happens, that goes for anyone in any group. Look at the examples they're setting, not just our reps, etc. What a shame. They should be ashamed of themselves, but instead, they're proud and arrogant. Everyone has their day. Some days they will be riding high but they will soon fall under the weight of their own cruelty, ignorance, stupidity, or what ever. It's the Law of Return, and there's no escaping it, even if they don't believe in it. NO ONE gets their way all the time, we sure don't, and certainly NOT them either. People are tired of being pushed around.

Sb

You said it, Warrior Princess!

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Mizerman :thumbsu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai4GKBkQEv8

This is all part of a massive reorganization of the government to put all licensing under one agency, the DLEG, not just mmj. It even includes a fun new sub agency called the "Department of Regulatory ReInvention". I think they are privatizing that to the University of Oceania with George Orwell as the chief deputy.

This is all part of a massive reorganization of the government to put all licensing under one agency, the DLEG, not just mmj. It even includes a fun new sub agency called the "Department of Regulatory ReInvention". I think they are privatizing that to the University of Oceania with George Orwell as the chief deputy.

Ah Haaaa!! Thought crime codified.

The can't do it without a super majority. Reorg or not. A simple majority can't change a voter initiative. Thanks, Bb

(b) "Department" means the state department of community health.

The budget bill is the only place I figure they can get a 75% majority.

If we choose to, we can target the dems to vote against the budget bill. That would give the 50% while avoiding the 75%.

It has been hard enough to get our lawmakers to pass a budget at all. It is hard to imagine 75% support for anything....from the brink of shutdown for lack of a majority one year to 75% majority the next....no way.

Oh? Did someone shut the 'government' down?

I hadn't noticed.

Any authority, powers, duties, functions and responsibilities of the Bureau

of Health Professions of the Department of Community Health under the Michigan

Medical Marihuana Act, Initiated law 1 of 2008, MCl 333.26421 to 333.26430, are

transferred from the Department of Community Health to the Department of Licensing

and Regulatory Affairs.

I don't know about this. Even the name Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs sounds Orwellian to me.

For one thing you are taking it from an overworked department to a new created department that will be overwhelmed by the amount of departments it has to absorb.

Thanks for the heads up PB. The problem is I don't think we have nay input into executive orders.

An old right wing tactic is make it impossible for government to function, thereby eroding public confidence and trust.

The ultimate goal is total public apathy. Those who continue to care, and fight, are misdirected to attack the very governmental foundations that serve the public good.

The only logical cure-all for society is education. Everyone needs to know and think more, about everything.

Archived