Overages? What Do You Do With Them?

fireburner23

Just what the title says, what do you do with your overages?

Some of us grow more than 2.5 ounces, but the law says we can only have 2.5 ounces on hand. What do some of you do with your extras? Do you store them in a secure off-site location separate from your grow? If not, aren't you worried about LEO busting down your door? If not, then why?

A short rehash of a reply on an earlier thread. I sell them to dispensaries for the highest buck possible so patients signed with me get their meds free. It's what the patients want (free meds) and isn't that true compassion, to give the patient what they want?

A short rehash of a reply on an earlier thread. I sell them to dispensaries for the highest buck possible so patients signed with me get their meds free. It's what the patients want (free meds) and isn't that true compassion, to give the patient what they want?

Is that legal? lol

What about the poor slobs enticed into paying 5 times what you sold them for at the dispensery your ok with that? :unsure:

Send the overages to the compassion clubs that way we all have access to fair priced medical quality cannabis. :thumbsu:

What about the poor slobs enticed into paying 5 times what you sold them for at the dispensery your ok with that? :unsure:

Send the overages to the compassion clubs that way we all have access to fair priced medical quality cannabis. :thumbsu:

That sounds like a good idea, but do you hold on to your overages? Basically, once you harvest, are you holding on to them as they are needed until the next harvest?

My biggest problem is holding more than 2.5 ounces per patient. The last thing anybody needs is a felony or an arrest record. Some of us have jobs and the compassion thing is just a side thing.

If you give them to other patients who are between crops at a good fair compensation then you are fostoring the pt/cg relationship.. If you sell them to dispensaries who overcharge then you are fostoring the dispensary model like in cali or coli.. Your choice..

well it will b bout 2 months b4 my firstbagseed harvest so i could use sum overages of meds i am a cardholder and will share my card if u need to see i have no problem with it

The need is great as you can see.. BUT you must always ALWAYS confirm that the transfer is legal by seeing the other parties MM card or paperwork and their picture id.. NEVER EVER make a transfer unless you have confirmed the legality of the transaction.. Look carefully,, double check and never trust that it will just be ok.. they say they are legal.. ALWAY SEE ID...

The "poor slobs" who use dispensaries? Those "poor slobs" choose to. No one walks them in, a gun at their head. They want endless variety of strains and hash and meds and cannabutter, etc. And they want convenience, in a storefront with hours most of the day. Meaning they want meds when they want them. Also, they have the money. Some people chose to buy girls, some smoke 4 packs a day, some buy slasher trucks, some do slot machines at Motor City, others Harleys for $20K, some hugous houses. Some shoot their wad on dispensary bud. And by his selling to the dispensaries they buy from, they make it possible to give free meds--I'm in Detroit and I know what he means his patients signed for one reason, to get free meds--what does it matter you get to know the patient personally? Cause there is no loyalty. Meds are a commodity. Compassion is wasted on most patients, it's all about the money--their not spending any--they say give it to me free, or another CG will. They change in a minute for a better deal,'cause I get that all the time, I'm looking for a "better caregiver," what kind of deals can you give me? How much every month in freebies? Detroit is a whole new game, and not a good one; but it is the way the whole state will swing next.

If you give them to other patients who are between crops at a good fair compensation then you are fostoring the pt/cg relationship.. If you sell them to dispensaries who overcharge then you are fostoring the dispensary model like in cali or coli.. Your choice..

Annnie, are those options legal? Even if they aren't, how do you know the patient isn't an undercover setting you up? Do they have undercover sick cancer patients or what not? I saw a news article where a patient was asking for 2.5 ounces multiple times a week/month and busted the Caretaker for it.

I don't see why you should burn your overages, seems like a bit excessive and wasteful.

The "poor slobs" who use dispensaries? Those "poor slobs" choose to. No one walks them in, a gun at their head. They want endless variety of strains and hash and meds and cannabutter, etc. And they want convenience, in a storefront with hours most of the day. Meaning they want meds when they want them. Also, they have the money. Some people chose to buy girls, some smoke 4 packs a day, some buy slasher trucks, some do slot machines at Motor City, others Harleys for $20K, some hugous houses. Some shoot their wad on dispensary bud. And by his selling to the dispensaries they buy from, they make it possible to give free meds--I'm in Detroit and I know what he means his patients signed for one reason, to get free meds--what does it matter you get to know the patient personally? Cause there is no loyalty. Meds are a commodity. Compassion is wasted on most patients, it's all about the money--their not spending any--they say give it to me free, or another CG will. They change in a minute for a better deal,'cause I get that all the time, I'm looking for a "better caregiver," what kind of deals can you give me? How much every month in freebies? Detroit is a whole new game, and not a good one; but it is the way the whole state will swing next.

That is hardcore!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

If I can't find a needy patient in my area or one that's willing to drive to me for a free ounce, I bury it as compost (not kidding a bit). I thought about a burn barrel, but decided the day care center that's my back fence neighbor wouldn't appreciate it (ok, now this part was kidding)....

I'll die before a dispensary gets the meds.......

And when I give free, I never address those that asking for it. I look for a brother/Sister that's down and out for that month and just blowing off steam cause they are out. People without self entitlement issues only.....

I'm in Detroit and I know what he means his patients signed for one reason, to get free meds--what does it matter you get to know the patient personally? Cause there is no loyalty. Meds are a commodity. Compassion is wasted on most patients, it's all about the money--their not spending any--they say give it to me free, or another CG will. They change in a minute for a better deal,'cause I get that all the time, I'm looking for a "better caregiver," what kind of deals can you give me? How much every month in freebies? Detroit is a whole new game, and not a good one; but it is the way the whole state will swing next.

I'd sooner burn it than give it away to those kind of people.

Pretty volatile question . If you admit to overages then some within our uneven enforcement officials might find you non compliant with the act , investigate you , arrest you , then vacate all the act protections charging you with felony manufacturing with intent to distribute at the State level though you have done nothing else . You just found yourself with a better growing result then expected or maybe your plants died when your hospitalized for a week all curing premature in the pots . . Weight is impossible to manage in real world practice and has nothing to do with proving illegal intent .. California is one State that has recognized this .

Plant counts with reasonable discretion always made sense to me even knowing how resistant the Federal , State Officials and spin off businesses that benefit from prohibition would fight change . It set a line that was clear , respected , understood and diminished risk and harm as long as one complied . However the weight limit's seem more like dosing restriction in practice and do nothing to benefit patients or society . Some claim their necessary to eliminate possible illegal supply but there are laws already for that . . Weight limits should done away with ; there is no need with plant limits , we find they are often exploited by both sides , they are way to expensive to argue in court for either side and exemplify clearly the waste inappropriate Prohibition law can cause . Honest medical patients are diminished and so is Law enforcement when utilizing them for enforcement within medicinal use .

Just as a point of reference the Federal Medicinal Compassionate Use Program(1 ) recognizes the need for and supplies to one participant 8.3 ounces of Cannabis grown in Mississippi every 25 days ( Irv Rosenthal ) Cannabis the Government admits costs over $2000 in prohibition but average Citizens can grow for $90 a pound or about $47 with no restrictions just seeds and a garden ( the Government does not grow Medicinal Grade it just grows Marijuana and harvests the whole plant . ) When I hear the word overages I just think of ridiculous redundant restrictions that have been carried over from total prohibition into medicinal rules that serve no purpose and are impossible to follow in practice . As always I am willing to listen to other views ..

( 1) http://money.cnn.com...lizing.fortune/

Guest knucklehead bob

If I can't find a needy patient in my area or one that's willing to drive to me for a free ounce, I bury it as compost (not kidding a bit). I thought about a burn barrel, but decided the day care center that's my back fence neighbor wouldn't appreciate it (ok, now this part was kidding)....

I'll die before a dispensary gets the meds.......

And when I give free, I never address those that asking for it. I look for a brother/Sister that's down and out for that month and just blowing off steam cause they are out. People without self entitlement issues only.....

EXACTLY , people asking for free meds can usually afford it . It doesn't take long to find some one that really needs some help .

Pretty volatile question . If you admit to overages then some within our uneven enforcement officials might find you non compliant with the act , investigate you , arrest you , then vacate all the act protections charging you with felony manufacturing with intent to distribute at the State level though you have done nothing else . You just found yourself with a better growing result then expected or maybe your plants died when your hospitalized for a week all curing premature in the pots . . Weight is impossible to manage in real world practice and has nothing to do with proving illegal intent .. California is one State that has recognized this .

Plant counts with reasonable discretion always made sense to me even knowing how resistant the Federal , State Officials and spin off businesses that benefit from prohibition would fight change . It set a line that was clear , respected , understood and diminished risk and harm as long as one complied . However the weight limit's seem more like dosing restriction in practice and do nothing to benefit patients or society . Some claim their necessary to eliminate possible illegal supply but there are laws already for that . . Weight limits should done away with ; there is no need with plant limits , we find they are often exploited by both sides , they are way to expensive to argue in court for either side and exemplify clearly the waste inappropriate Prohibition law can cause . Honest medical patients are diminished and so is Law enforcement when utilizing them for enforcement within medicinal use .

Just as a point of reference the Federal Medicinal Compassionate Use Program(1 ) recognizes the need for and supplies to one participant 8.3 ounces of Cannabis grown in Mississippi every 25 days ( Irv Rosenthal ) Cannabis the Government admits costs over $2000 in prohibition but average Citizens can grow for $90 a pound or about $47 with no restrictions just seeds and a garden ( the Government does not grow Medicinal Grade it just grows Marijuana and harvests the whole plant . ) When I hear the word overages I just think of ridiculous redundant restrictions that have been carried over from total prohibition into medicinal rules that serve no purpose and are impossible to follow in practice . As always I am willing to listen to other views ..

( 1) http://money.cnn.com...lizing.fortune/

Well written post and so true.

I think if I ever run into and overage problem I would make some medibles or something. To me it is crazy all these people I see demanding FREE meds it is just insane that they feel they deserve it for free. I guarantee I will be giving plenty away for free but do not want anyone demanding or expecting it for free. I never expected that when I got legal not sure why everyone expects it now. I could be that many caregivers have created these monsters LOL If someone truly needs the help I will be there for them, but please do not demand it

I think if I ever run into and overage problem I would make some medibles or something. To me it is crazy all these people I see demanding FREE meds it is just insane that they feel they deserve it for free. I guarantee I will be giving plenty away for free but do not want anyone demanding or expecting it for free. I never expected that when I got legal not sure why everyone expects it now. I could be that many caregivers have created these monsters LOL If someone truly needs the help I will be there for them, but please do not demand it

Are there really individuals who are demanding free meds? Don't they know you don't get something for nothing?

Annnie, are those options legal? Even if they aren't, how do you know the patient isn't an undercover setting you up? Do they have undercover sick cancer patients or what not? I saw a news article where a patient was asking for 2.5 ounces multiple times a week/month and busted the Caretaker for it.

I don't see why you should burn your overages, seems like a bit excessive and wasteful.

Ok.. so are you suggesting it is safer and more within the intent of the law for ppl to sell to dispensaries rather than to patients? I would rather give any overages away to pts than take them to dispensaries where they charge outragous prices for my hard work and pile that outrageousness right on the backs of pts.

The need is great as you can see.. BUT you must always ALWAYS confirm that the transfer is legal by seeing the other parties MM card or paperwork and their picture id.. NEVER EVER make a transfer unless you have confirmed the legality of the transaction.. Look carefully,, double check and never trust that it will just be ok.. they say they are legal.. ALWAY SEE ID...

and as you can see my next post directly addresses the staying legal part..

tailor your grow to meet your needs, instead of growing 4 ounce plants, increase your quality instead of quantity.

i see a lot of people with the same question. The easy answer is grow smaller plants. no need to grow 12 plants a cycle for 1 patient if your stressed about overages.

IMO, just common sense

That sounds like a good idea, but do you hold on to your overages? Basically, once you harvest, are you holding on to them as they are needed until the next harvest?

My biggest problem is holding more than 2.5 ounces per patient. The last thing anybody needs is a felony or an arrest record. Some of us have jobs and the compassion thing is just a side thing.

Archived