Dr Greenthumbs Endless Sky

Thats a yes on that clone pm me :phone:

Wow those plants look awesome ! :goodjob:

I have two seedlings in cups one has broke the soil they are both in light warrior seed starter under a aircooled 600 watt mh running a hybrid dual arc bulb ive been giving them 6.4 ph water crossing my fingers and praying to the ganga gods . :bow:

Oh no... hope you've got things going better for you now. I've got one spare clone if you need one.

I think I've finally got her veg nute schedule worked out. These ladies are looking pretty good.

th_DSCN1132.jpgth_DSCN1133.jpgth_DSCN1134.jpgth_DSCN1135.jpg

And here's grandma... I'm expecting great things from her.

th_DSCN1138.jpgth_DSCN1139.jpgth_DSCN1140.jpg

Wow grandma, what numerous bud sites you have!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i might have to start from clones with this strain i thought the distilled water would be ok i guess i was wrong this strain just doesnt do well in any of the fox farm soils .

I have grown this strain very successfully in FF Ocean Forest and Happy Frog mix, and I generally use distilled water because it has a good pH. Buy distilled that has sat on the shelf a while. It will get slightly acidic over time, comes out of the bottling plant nuetral (7.0) and drifts down to 6.5 to 6.7ish over time (a few months). My best guess is pH induced nute lockout in the pics you show. Do you flush every 3 weeks? Are you aware of your runoff pH? I had trouble the first time I grew these, then I bought a pH water testing pen and a pH soil tester kit. A bit pricey, but no problems since. You need to know your pH IMO. Makes things sooooo much easier! You make sure your pH is cool, and they will grow themselves provided you flush out the mineral salt and plant waste buildup every 3 to 4 weeks or the split second you see this sort of thing starting.

Good luck, you'll get there

Hap

I have grown this strain very successfully in FF Ocean Forest and Happy Frog mix, and I generally use distilled water because it has a good pH. Buy distilled that has sat on the shelf a while. It will get slightly acidic over time, comes out of the bottling plant nuetral (7.0) and drifts down to 6.5 to 6.7ish over time (a few months). My best guess is pH induced nute lockout in the pics you show. Do you flush every 3 weeks? Are you aware of your runoff pH? I had trouble the first time I grew these, then I bought a pH water testing pen and a pH soil tester kit. A bit pricey, but no problems since. You need to know your pH IMO. Makes things sooooo much easier! You make sure your pH is cool, and they will grow themselves provided you flush out the mineral salt and plant waste buildup every 3 to 4 weeks or the split second you see this sort of thing starting.

Hap

If you're feeding ES properly no flushing is necessary. She doesn't like a lot of nutes. If you're getting buildup, you're way overfeeding. IMO flushing isn't ever necessary until the last 2 weeks of flower... but most people overfeed. King Diamond already solved this problem though.... ph was over 7.

If you're feeding ES properly no flushing is necessary. She doesn't like a lot of nutes. If you're getting buildup, you're way overfeeding. IMO flushing isn't ever necessary until the last 2 weeks of flower... but most people overfeed. King Diamond already solved this problem though.... ph was over 7.

Over time, when growing indoors you will get mineral salt build up as well as plant waste--with some grow mediums, soil mixes and fertilizers worse than others. In nature, you have heavy rains at times in most locations. Where they don't normally get heavy rains, they tend to irrigate heavily. Indoors, we try to simulate nature. I can't know what 'proper feeding' is until I would grow them out at least once. Every plant is different, every strain is different, every grow is different from my experience.

If you grow successfully without flushing, it would be interesting to study your grow techniques. The only people I have known who flushed like you say, were growing in huge, massive pots which can lead to other issues like over watering. IMO, a pot that doesn't dry out in 3 days or so, leads to issues.

Everybody does it different, I do what works for me. "Growing is an art form, not a science." A very wise man told me that on the phone not long ago---I believe it was Dr. G!

Peace, Hap

Edited by happy wanderer

Over time, when growing indoors you will get mineral salt build up as well as plant waste--with some grow mediums, soil mixes and fertilizers worse than others. In nature, you have heavy rains at times in most locations. Where they don't normally get heavy rains, they tend to irrigate heavily. Indoors, we try to simulate nature. I can't know what 'proper feeding' is until I would grow them out at least once. Every plant is different, every strain is different, every grow is different from my experience.

If you grow successfully without flushing, it would be interesting to study your grow techniques. The only people I have known who flushed like you say, were growing in huge, massive pots which can lead to other issues like over watering. IMO, a pot that doesn't dry out in 3 days or so, leads to issues.

Everybody does it different, I do what works for me. "Growing is an art form, not a science." A very wise man told me that on the phone not long ago---I believe it was Dr. G!

Peace, Hap

I agree. My best runs have been with many flushes during the grow cycle and with lower instead of higher amounts of nutes.

Hap

I usually only flush last two weeks of harvest and the latest probloms i was running into was while i was using light warrior seed starting medium which contains no nutes i also bought a new ph pen to more accuratly set my ph levels but the probe got broke the first week im waiting on my replacement from bluelab .

Both of these strains were started on the same day

Barneys farm Tangerine dream in FFOF

dscn1036r.jpg

Dr greenthumbs endless skies in light warrior

dscn1035v.jpg

Dr. Greenthumb told me to water until I see runoff from the pot every time I water and flush a few times during the grow cycle. This is easy to do in smart pots.

Dr. G gives good advice and wants everyone to succeed. It's good for you, it's good for him. I have spoken to him on the phone several times and have grown out several of his strains. His advice is very solid.

And, I might add, flushing can do your plants no harm, it can only help.

Hap

So your saying the ES grew well using 6.5-6.7 ph water what should my runoff be at ph wise? :huh:

So your saying the ES grew well using 6.5-6.7 ph water what should my runoff be at ph wise? :huh:

To be honest, I don't recall. I haven't checked runoff since 2010 which is the last time I had pH problems. I do recall that it was lower than what went in, but the soil in the pots had drifted down under 6. Once you get into a 'groove' you don't need to check pH until you see a problem.

I might also add that I grow in FF soils and use the entire FF nute regimen. And Fox Farm nutes are positively notorius for mineral salt build up. Using coco or coco based soil mixes is even worse for mineral salt build up. FF has developed 'Sledge Hammer' flush which is nothing more than natural soap from the yucca plant, I believe. I use that every 3 to 4 weeks, and then chase it out with regular distilled. I don't like to leave Sledge Hammer in the pots without kind of flushing it out too. The reason I use Sledge Hammer is you normally have to use up to 5 times the volume of the pot to flush with straight H2O. In other words, you'd need 15 gallons of water to flush a 3 gallon pot. With Sledge Hammer, FF recommends that you use double the normal amount of water than you normally use during a watering cycle, I use a little more as I explained above.

If I used FF soils and nutes without flushing, I'd kill absolutely everything I tried to grow! Again, everybody does it different. Just giving you an idea of what has worked for me. I hate to see a guy have so much trouble growing out ES. Between the spider mites earlier and pH problems lately, you appear to be a bit 'snake bit'. Hope your luck takes an upswing!

Peace, Hap

About 2.5 weeks left for grandma. Had to build a screen.... all my colas were falling down. Not such a bad thing I guess. :lol:

th_DSCN1182.jpg th_DSCN1183.jpg th_DSCN1184.jpg th_DSCN1185.jpg th_DSCN1186.jpg

Hey Sinsemilla,

How old would you say your ES gear is i.e what year do you think the seeds were purchased. Also did you start it from seed or get a cut from somewhere.

About 2.5 weeks left for grandma. Had to build a screen.... all my colas were falling down. Not such a bad thing I guess. :lol:

Hey Sinsemilla,

How old would you say your ES gear is i.e what year do you think the seeds were purchased. Also did you start it from seed or get a cut from somewhere.

You'd have to ask fabio. I got the cut from him. The one in the pictures is a cut of the mother I received from him.

Edited by Sinsemillaplease

• 2 weeks later...

I've had endless sky for a year or two now. She definitely makes you step your game up as a gardener, from what I've learned growing her she loves dry soil. When I would water all plants I give her an extra day, she's darn near wilt proof and if she does wilt, water her she comes right back. I think shed rather grow like this than to have her feet wet, she definitely doesn't like saturated soil. I use roots organic soil and find she grows best with this cut by half with perlite. Light soil, light waterings and light intensity are what make endless sky happy. She's a champ, I'd consider it an elite seed line but like blueberry she's not for everyone as she doesn't grow like your normal weed. More like a succulent. But when you give her what she wants she gives you what you want. I truly think of endless sky as it's own plant and has to be treated as such less is more with her for sure. I hope this helps I see people having trouble with endless sky and I did too at first so thought this might help some. She's also easier to take care of as an older clone so if you can get her past her infancy you should be rewarded. Cheers.

I've had endless sky for a year or two now. She definitely makes you step your game up as a gardener, from what I've learned growing her she loves dry soil. When I would water all plants I give her an extra day, she's darn near wilt proof and if she does wilt, water her she comes right back. I think shed rather grow like this than to have her feet wet, she definitely doesn't like saturated soil. I use roots organic soil and find she grows best with this cut by half with perlite. Light soil, light waterings and light intensity are what make endless sky happy. She's a champ, I'd consider it an elite seed line but like blueberry she's not for everyone as she doesn't grow like your normal weed. More like a succulent. But when you give her what she wants she gives you what you want. I truly think of endless sky as it's own plant and has to be treated as such less is more with her for sure. I hope this helps I see people having trouble with endless sky and I did too at first so thought this might help some. She's also easier to take care of as an older clone so if you can get her past her infancy you should be rewarded. Cheers.

Quite an apt description. I feed her less than everything I've ever run. Saves me quite a bit on nutes. :))