Police Bust Massive Marijuana Warehouse

DETROIT, Mich. (WJBK) - Police uncovered a major pot growing operation inside a Detroit warehouse Saturday. Nearly $750,000 worth of marijuana was seized. Eight thousand plants were found growing inside the building on Loraine near Grand River and Warren.

Fox 2's SImon Shaykhet went inside the facility. Click on the video player to watch his report. <BR type="_moz">

"They were pretty creative and came up with some ingenius ways to save money," said one officer. "But we caught up to them."

The Wayne County Sheriff recieved the tip on this one himself. In all, three levels of an abandoned warehouse were blooming with illegal drug activity. Four people are now under arrest.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/simon_shaykhet/police-bust-massive-pot-warehouse-20110409-rs

Good, they aren't even trying to seem legit. It's good for us who do keep it right , we should thank police this time. It's interesting that when it comes to MMJ in Wayne co. , Detroit in particular, they generally seem to understand the difference between those of us who follow the law and PROTECT us from those who don't. We don't want massive warehouses and ,out of state med's, etc. That IS their job.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110409/NEWS01/110409024/1001/rss01

Police arrested four men Saturday after busting a marijuana growing operation involving hundreds of plants found in an abandoned Detroit office building.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/simon_shaykhet/police-bust-massive-pot-warehouse-20110409-rs

Nearly $750,000 worth of marijuana was seized. Eight thousand plants were found growing inside the building on Loraine near Grand River and Warren.

Sooo, are these 2 different raids? there seems to be a huge discrepancy as to the number of plants found between stories so i thought id ask. I wonder what the real story is.

They must be different, one was an office building, one was a warehouse.

http://www.freep.com...9024/1001/rss01

Police arrested four men Saturday after busting a marijuana growing operation involving hundreds of plants found in an abandoned Detroit office building.

http://www.myfoxdetr...use-20110409-rs

Nearly $750,000 worth of marijuana was seized. Eight thousand plants were found growing inside the building on Loraine near Grand River and Warren.

Sooo, are these 2 different raids? there seems to be a huge discrepancy as to the number of plants found between stories so i thought id ask. I wonder what the real story is.

Good, they aren't even trying to seem legit. It's good for us who do keep it right , we should thank police this time. It's interesting that when it comes to MMJ in Wayne co. , Detroit in particular, they generally seem to understand the difference between those of us who follow the law and PROTECT us from those who don't. We don't want massive warehouses and ,out of state med's, etc. That IS their job.

Absolutely they deserve praise for busting this and all illegal marijuana operation. Maybe the rest of Michigan's L.E. should take notes from Wayne County L.E. and learn how to enforce the law.

By learning you will teach; by teaching you will learn.

- Latin proverb

Ed

It is obvious that this is a crop destined for the black market.

However...

No way the press will spin it that way. They'll add some snarky comment about the "increase in illegal marijuana operations" since the voters passed the MMMA. Then they'll have a bunch of state "experts" quoted about how bad this voter approved act has been for crime. Then they'll have one MMJ advocate interviewed or quoted before thbey cut to the cute reporter smirking about "medical" (wink, nudge) marijuana.

All thbe public will hear is "medical marijuana =crime".

AND...that will not be changing in my lifetime I am afraid.

Its not like Cannabis is this huge threat to the community, except for the Electrical charges, surely this was the biggest reason for their demise.

Defintiley lookin like Detroit dispensaries are possible, though this is gonna be trouble for ya every time, boosting the juice. Your electric bill probably be about $7500 a month for that set up? 300 lights (+_-). This is Capitalism after all, long as we all get our cut, what a beautiful world this could be !........... ha ........................................peace

Wrong, wrong and wrong!~ You know why its meds? its safe, far safer than beer, wine, asprin, oxys vicodin.....safer than just about any substance we ingest. The police didnt protect you from any one. I dont know these people....but you know what horrible crime these people committed that your so geeked over the police state tactics? the very same thing Im doing and you might be too......growing a plant.illegal? yes.Too many?Yes.....Did they really commit a crime? Not in my opinion. Should we be acting like the police did us a favor? NO. they dont see you any dif than theses people, that card in your pocket means a hell of a lot to me and you, and doesnt mean bunny muffin to the cops.

Maybe you are new to this struggle, this very well could have been me,or a lot of others on this site, had we not voted to change our criminal status. :notfair:

Wrong, wrong and wrong!~ You know why its meds? its safe, far safer than beer, wine, asprin, oxys vicodin.....safer than just about any substance we ingest. The police didnt protect you from any one. I dont know these people....but you know what horrible crime these people committed that your so geeked over the police state tactics? the very same thing Im doing and you might be too......growing a plant.illegal? yes.Too many?Yes.....Did they really commit a crime? Not in my opinion. Should we be acting like the police did us a favor? NO. they dont see you any dif than theses people, that card in your pocket means a hell of a lot to me and you, and doesnt mean bunny muffin to the cops.

Maybe you are new to this struggle, this very well could have been me,or a lot of others on this site, had we not voted to change our criminal status. :notfair:

We have to draw a line somewhere. These guys were WAY out of bounds. It these cases that make us look bad. Nothing medical there. If people keep this up theyll get enough people to change our law.

It is obvious that this is a crop destined for the black market.

However...

No way the press will spin it that way. They'll add some snarky comment about the "increase in illegal marijuana operations" since the voters passed the MMMA. Then they'll have a bunch of state "experts" quoted about how bad this voter approved act has been for crime. Then they'll have one MMJ advocate interviewed or quoted before thbey cut to the cute reporter smirking about "medical" (wink, nudge) marijuana.

All thbe public will hear is "medical marijuana =crime".

AND...that will not be changing in my lifetime I am afraid.

Right on. In no way should we support these guys and our community needs to be clear that we do not support illegal activity. However as you point out much of the press and certainly Jones and the Oakland Axis of Evil will use this as another example of why our law is bad and needs to be changed. Jones will ignore the fact that this kind of thing happened before the law and make it appear the law is to blame.

'Legalize it'.

I agree that would be the best outcome. However one of the arguments our opposition is using is that this law is a stepping stone to legalization and at this point a majority of people do not support full legalization. Our opposition knows that and uses that in their strategy to fight our law.

All is not bad. I am convinced that at least one state probably will legalize in 1012. That will set the stage for more states once they see that society does not collapse just because you let adults make their own decisions about their bodies. But this is just the kind of talk that here and now gives our opponents ammunition against us.

I also think there is a better chance than ever to get marijuana rescheduled and that would be nearly as good as legalization.

One thing we have to be aware of is who our opposition is. When it comes to full legalization there are many in our own movement who are against it. It would cut heavily into their profits and ability to make a living.

We have to draw a line somewhere. These guys were WAY out of bounds. It these cases that make us look bad. Nothing medical there. If people keep this up theyll get enough people to change our law.

i agree with you completely. it's always a few incredibly stupid and greedy people that spoil a good thing for the rest of us. what do people not understand about a caregiver only being allowed to have 5 patients and 12 plants per patient plus another 12 if they are a patient themselves? and, for the folks who are caregivers that aren't even growing? they are about to go down harder than a street walker on 8 mile

I agree that would be the best outcome. However one of the arguments our opposition is using is that this law is a stepping stone to legalization and at this point a majority of people do not support full legalization. Our opposition knows that and uses that in their strategy to fight our law.

All is not bad. I am convinced that at least one state probably will legalize in 1012. That will set the stage for more states once they see that society does not collapse just because you let adults make their own decisions about their bodies. But this is just the kind of talk that here and now gives our opponents ammunition against us.

I also think there is a better chance than ever to get marijuana rescheduled and that would be nearly as good as legalization.

One thing we have to be aware of is who our opposition is. When it comes to full legalization there are many in our own movement who are against it. It would cut heavily into their profits and ability to make a living.

Hi 420 !!!

I share your belief that at least one state...Calif ......will vote to go legal in 2012.

But I think it will be even more...probably Wahington State and Oregon.

Why ? because Obama is in trouble and it will only get worse as the year progresses...with gasoline on its way to $5 a gallon our economy is going to be gutted !!!!

So what can the Democrats do ? They can support efforts to put Legalization onto Ballot Initiatives !!!

Why is this a blessing for Dems ? Because it will bring out the YOUTH vote in droves and not only will they vote to make it legal...they will be HIGHLY likely to vote Democratic.

Dr. Jinx

"Let's Make It Legal!!!!".

And just fior the record, of course we have to condemn the lawbreaking.....they DO give us a bad name and we have to be aware of the political fight we are engaged in with MMJ Deniers !!!

Does anyone know for sure whether the power companies report people with large electrical bills? It seems like it would be bad for business.

I doubt that too! Consumer's Power or DTE turn in a possible law breaker or just taking the money?...hmmm. They can and do use it as probable cause for a warrant once they are on to you though.

I doubt that too! Consumer's Power or DTE turn in a possible law breaker or just taking the money?...hmmm. They can and do use it as probable cause for a warrant once they are on to you though.

I agree

And thats a lot of plants some body was thinking they were about to make a lot of $$$$

I still say wrong. I do draw a line, No one should ever be arrested over a plant as harmless and beneficial as the cannabis plant. You can find you self all high and mighty,but to the feds you are no dif than these people. That card in your pocket has been shown to mean far more to you than it does to them. I dont condone what they are doing, but I see it for what it is,and in no way will I condemn it. I am sure they will be given no mercy due to any medical status, just as I am sure they will not ask. Things like this should have no bearing on us. When kids died from doing to many oxies did you fear they would take your pills? I feel thinking like this only perpetuates the lie. These people were not medical, it has nothing to do with our movement..... with that said, it is a plant. no plant is worth ruining someones life.

I've got relatives and friends in both California and Washington State... and I'll be spending most of my time and whatever money I can scrounge in support of BOTH 'legalization' efforts right around 2012 election time.

And once ONE state does it...

with that said, it is a plant. no plant is worth ruining someones life.

Coca is a plant, payotia from a cactus, poppies are beautiful so where do we stop.

Yes coca is a plant a plant used by an indigenous people for who knows how long with little known problems, peyote is a cactus flower used by native Americans for spiritual purposes, poppies are flowers grown all over the world, that could replace our need for synthetic opiates, if it wasnt for the pharma corps greed. Yes all plants, all of it caught up in the madness. You say where do we stop?I say how the hell did we ever start?

Archived