Two Or More Caregivers In One Facility? Legal?

coOL_Digs25

I am new to this whole scene. I am aware that one caregiver can have up to 12 plants for each of his/her 5 patients. That is 60 plants... can two caregivers grow in the same facility, who each have 5 patients each, and have 120 plants? And so on and so forth... anyone have some feedback on this issue?

as long as each caregivers plants are labeled and in separate enclosed locked facility's then you can have up to 72 plants per Patient / Caregiver who is also servicing 5 patients with whom they are registered through the MDCH. By doing this you would be following state law. there isn't even really a limit at 99. That is just where the federal sentencing guidelines become more severe so most people think it wise to do so. To be honest none of this is legal federally anyway, so really growing just 1 can put you in jail. Best to think it through and do a risk/benefit analysis. I am not an attorney

as long as each caregivers plants are labeled and in separate enclosed locked facility's then you can have up to 72 plants per Patient / Caregiver who is also servicing 5 patients with whom they are registered through the MDCH. By doing this you would be following state law. there isn't even really a limit at 99. That is just where the federal sentencing guidelines become more severe so most people think it wise to do so. To be honest none of this is legal federally anyway, so really growing just 1 can put you in jail. Best to think it through and do a risk/benefit analysis. I am not an attorney

I thought the majic number was 50 that put you into fellony manufacturing federaly! I have a c.g with a full card and he dont grow 72 plants! I would be cooking on a daily basis if he had 72 plants going,,be cooking some nice budds into my tinctures! I wouldnt grow in the same place as another c.g, It can only cause problems down the road, Unless you want his pt's and friends and family to know your biz than have fun!

Good luck to ya!

Peace

FTW

Jim

• 1 month later...

just wanted to open this up again. I grow my own and have a friend that want to start growing. They wonder if is legal for them to grow at my house. I think it would be fine legally since we would never be even close to the 50+ plant count.We would of course have thinks seperate with labels as needed. I was thinking since you don't have to put your grow location just your address how would anyone know they were growing with me?

just wanted to open this up again. I grow my own and have a friend that want to start growing. They wonder if is legal for them to grow at my house. I think it would be fine legally since we would never be even close to the 50+ plant count.We would of course have thinks seperate with labels as needed. I was thinking since you don't have to put your grow location just your address how would anyone know they were growing with me?

I think its fine(but I'm no lawyer)as long as you keep everything labeled and documented, etc. I'm a patient/caregiver and my fiance is a patient as well and since the numbers aren't huge we keep it all together.

thats kinda what I thought Rockin,,I don't see the need to have 100+ plants ever. I think I am gonna have my friend come over soon and start on a small room in the area above our garage. I am gonna pipe in some of central air and insulate the area.

thats kinda what I thought Rockin,,I don't see the need to have 100+ plants ever. I think I am gonna have my friend come over soon and start on a small room in the area above our garage. I am gonna pipe in some of central air and insulate the area.

Now yer talkin'.... :thumbsu:

Happy growin'!

anything near 99 plants will encourage the DEA to look into you.

The MDCH MMMP FAQ simply states that cooperatives are not addressed and to contact a lawyer.

Not sure its the best to share several crops - if you have problems - everyone loses. It would be better to separate crops, to grow at two or more different locations.

-DN

anything near 99 plants will encourage the DEA to look into you.

The MDCH MMMP FAQ simply states that cooperatives are not addressed and to contact a lawyer.

Not sure its the best to share several crops - if you have problems - everyone loses. It would be better to separate crops, to grow at two or more different locations.

-DN

just what I'd recommend. you wouldn't want to share pests or problems. multiple smaller grows are easier to mantain the environment, keeps the DEA away, and if one fails your still in buisness

Archived