Support Is Needed

Everyone-

The Oakland County trials continue for those caught up in last year's raids on Ferndale and Waterford compassion centers. Today, Monday, those trials had testimony and teardrops as multiple defendants stood against their charges. Tomorrow some defendants continue their fight, and some will be sentenced, but all can use the support of the community. Even if this deck of cards seems stacked, our system allows for a new deal with a different group of players in a higher court. Our presence will show loved ones and the legal community that these patients do not stand alone. Come and stand with others outside the Court entrances, holding signs that are not case-specific, or sit inside the court room and show judge and jury whose side the people are on.

Oakland Circuit Court will feature 6 defendants tomorrow.

7:45 AM

1200 N Telegraph RoadPontiac, Mi

I WISH I could be there and I WISH for Real Justice to Prevail. They need as many as possible to show up. Please be there for them. If I were closer, I'd make sure I could go. This is where the decisions will be made that can either end this nightmare or make it worse. It could be any of us, and we'd sure feel bad if we saw nobody from our community there in support. Imagine 100 people there! Wouldn't that give a strong message! Please Remember, this isn't just about them, what happens there could affect us all, good or bad. If it's OC, I don't like the odds of a favorable decision. Watch this carefully, if that judge isn't on the "friend or foe" list, he or she will be on it soon. Whatever happens, I wish our friends there the best. I'm sure we'll see a report of the proceedings after it's over.

Sb

Guest knucklehead bob

I don't think any one should be convicted for growing or dispensing Cannabis medicinally . Not even this 70 year old woman , regardless of where she works or who she's related to . Freedom of choice , religion , etc.

This is very sad day indeed to convict an elderly medical marijuana patient who was complying with a state law that we voted for and only demonstrates what if any freedoms we have left in this country

Thomas Jefferson once said that we would need revaluation once every twenty years to maintain and keep our freedom well we are long over do according Thomas Jefferson and that may be the only way to get back our freedom and end this gross injustice from our Government

Archived