T5 Ho

sknkwrks

Has any one used T5's to flower with nothing els just the T5's. i always use 2 4foot double bulb t5's as side lighting with an hps in the middle. i was looking at a 4foot 4bulb t5 set up and it said it was equal to a 400watt hps. so my question would be will it give u results like a 400w hps or is that just BS I know a lot of the plants end result is in the genetics of the plant but a good strong hps will give sum nice fat buds. so any one who has flowered with just t5's let me know how it turned out every ones input is welcom

They put out as much as a 400w on paper but to my eyes they don't, it requires about 4ft x 3ft of tubes to generate as much light as a 10" bulb. However as supplemental side lighting I don't feel there's any better choice then to use them, the heat output is quite low, and they do put out a great amount of light. I just wouldn't use them solo for flower, however then again I wouldn't use 400w to flower either.

I don't remember if the bulbs were t-5s or not, but I have used flourescents to flower without any problem. I will also be setting up my new room with CFLs for flowering. They produce far less heat and require fewer fans than HID lights so you can use more lights to get equal or near equal results.

Has any one used T5's to flower with nothing els just the T5's. i always use 2 4foot double bulb t5's as side lighting with an hps in the middle. i was looking at a 4foot 4bulb t5 set up and it said it was equal to a 400watt hps. so my question would be will it give u results like a 400w hps or is that just BS I know a lot of the plants end result is in the genetics of the plant but a good strong hps will give sum nice fat buds. so any one who has flowered with just t5's let me know how it turned out every ones input is welcom

Morning " sknkwrks "

I did'nt mean to Highjack your post w/

my " Black Queen Harvest " photo .

I just wanted to show you that T5's DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE ... :thumbsu:

I use Both the 400's and T5's in my Bloom Room ...

I've got 6 - Sunburst 400W HPS/MH Convertible ....

and 2 - Commercial T5 4FT 4 Tube Fixture ( FLT-44 )

in my Bloon Room .

Been thinking about putting some T5's on the walls

in my Bloom Room ... Their only 2 amps .

:goodjob: NICE WORK!!!

Thanks " AmberTrichomes "

She looks ripe like a yellow bannana lol .. Nice job Tarzan ! OD

To the O.P. , you can use t-5s to flower , there are red bulbs aimed for this alone .. I will forwarn you that youll never achieve huge buds but with some l.s.t. you should be able to harvest a few ounces at the least .. OD

Thanks " ODAWADANNY "

I was wondering where ya been Dr........ Now I see you were busy!:goodjob:

Thanks " Royal Smoke "

Yes ... Its been pretty hectic around here ...

Can't wait till Spring gets here ...

I've got alot of Projects for this Summer ...

Nice job Tarzan. :goodjob:

Thanks " Afi "

Very nice lady Dr T. anyone useing 400 watt cermic mh, i have a friend who just bought one. he has a reg. 400 mh and when he turned the new one on he said the girls seemed very happy.

I just recently put in ceramic bulbs in my 400wHPS system. I vegged under them and now they are being used to flower. So far so good. I have a strawberry flowering under a 600w and her sister under the 400w ceramic. They both look the same at this stage (2 weeks in). The plants seem to like the CMH bulbs.

I have grown under CFL's totally and pulled 17grams off an 8" high plant. Totally good smoke I am told. Takes me 3-4 hits on it to get a similar effect from 2-3 hits of blue dream or other more potent strains. Just show them some LOVE and feed them some Earth Juice LOL A smoker of over 30 years said it was VERY VERY good bud and she has had 2 different caregivers supplying her, I just supplement when they can't seem to call back :( for free of course

from a purely scientific standpoint this refers to tangible things you as a grower relly noticed a difference in did the the sprectral output lumens that seem to be any better than a methal halide. with a question of this nature im setting up as in order completed from 4 sets of lights 3-4 strains as this morning i had thought out going with tweleve it wasn't until the thought of random genetic drift within a population at agiven time was considered that to stay more scientific and relaistic as is the case in the real world less is always more! but as it refers to t5 or the light outout as it relates to distance from what I have found is the kelvin temperature where lights and minor throw out of unspent energyconversion ie heat has always made the fluorscent/led? the choice. whatever the case just my thoughts not yours any input would be greatly appreciated as project has multi facted goals in addition to producing quality bunny muffin any medicine for a qualified medical patient. i haven't as yet looked back into some other questions that i posted this morning this may or may not be a good place to inquire about true breeding lines and seed supply in our great state.

from a purely scientific standpoint this refers to tangible things you as a grower relly noticed a difference in did the the sprectral output lumens that seem to be any better than a methal halide. with a question of this nature im setting up as in order completed from 4 sets of lights 3-4 strains as this morning i had thought out going with tweleve it wasn't until the thought of random genetic drift within a population at agiven time was considered that to stay more scientific and relaistic as is the case in the real world less is always more! but as it refers to t5 or the light outout as it relates to distance from what I have found is the kelvin temperature where lights and minor throw out of unspent energyconversion ie heat has always made the fluorscent/led? the choice. whatever the case just my thoughts not yours any input would be greatly appreciated as project has multi facted goals in addition to producing quality bunny muffin any medicine for a qualified medical patient. i haven't as yet looked back into some other questions that i posted this morning this may or may not be a good place to inquire about true breeding lines and seed supply in our great state.

:huh: ???

Johnny 5 is that you?

johnny5.jpg

DUDE WHAT THE $#@!%^ :blink:

to the indivial that replied dud what the <>?? im out of meds and my hyperactivity and pain are such that I guess I must do all the research myself or stick to shorter posts or lastly proofread but all those options aren't my personality so sorry that whatever I inputed made no sense.

Archived