Want Too Become A Cg

rhaman

I'm thinking of becoming a caregiver as a means of income. I am a college student and its hard keeping a job that will work around my class schedule. what is the licensing procedure and is there any money too be made. Or simply point me in the right direction

Introduce yourself, read around, read the main page then ask questions. "Making Money" as you state it is against the act, and you best have say 3gs to invest so you can wait a year to get it back, maybe. But first read.

Ah I see, thanks, new post coming soon.

I'm thinking of becoming a caregiver as a means of income. I am a college student and its hard keeping a job that will work around my class schedule. what is the licensing procedure and is there any money too be made. Or simply point me in the right direction

Well....I don't think that many caregivers would appreciate you coming right out and saying that you want to make this a means of end. However, I am sure there are plenty of caregivers out there who are making a decent middle class income off this 'enterprise'. I only advise you to proceed with caution.

However the bad news that I've been hearing is....there is a glut of caregivers and the competition is fierce.

Personally, I am in the marketplace right now for a patient and I am not sure how it is going to pan out for me. I got the word from a few other caregivers that there is enough caregivers to go around. If I am wrong, I would love for someone to come in here and say, hey! I got patients which are short or need a caregiver, but then again I am in an interesting part of the state.

Good luck with your endeavors.

<<<<<< Gama's other half!!..Welcome!!....Cargiver???...."READ~READ~READ"...Cost of s/u alone more then you can think of!!....Experience!!!.."PRICELESS"...Have you figured it out yet??...Just Asking!!Just Sayin!!..Do the "MATH"..This is About Compassion!!...Have a great day!!..Peace!! :huh:

To rhaman or anyone else wanting to help patients for compensation or compassion.I say the more the merrier and if Mdch ever sets up the panel to add new conditions there will be a whole new influx of patients seeking meds or someone to grow there meds for them or someone who can help them with starter genetics so they can grow themselves.The methods for growing are many here is a link to how I started indoors with a whopping start up cost of less then $30.00 to start vegging my plants. My link

This is 1 plant grown with shoplights and a 400w hps and You can grow them too...

Picture033.jpg

The more that is grown in Michigan the cheaper it will be in Michigan.Cheaper meds equals happier patients period.

Thanks, all who have replied too my post i have done the research and have(cash) for equipment. I didn't plan on getting rich off this or anything but something too help a bit while in college. Every 4 months seems I'm looking for another part time job. Since it seems there are many more caregivers than patients right now i think now would be a good time too do it since demand will rise. Not everyone wants too be the farmer most would rather go to the produce isle at the grocery store. And i'm continuing my research on becoming a caregiver.

Thanks, all who have replied too my post i have done the research and have(cash) for equipment. I didn't plan on getting rich off this or anything but something too help a bit while in college. Every 4 months seems I'm looking for another part time job. Since it seems there are many more caregivers than patients right now i think now would be a good time too do it since demand will rise. Not everyone wants too be the farmer most would rather go to the produce isle at the grocery store. And i'm continuing my research on becoming a caregiver.

I'm not a college student or anything fancy, but common economics tells me when there is a lower amount of demand (Patients) and higher supplies (caregiver), that drives the cost way down. So with the lower costs for the product, and exceedingly more expensive operating costs, your margin of profit is going to be a lot slimmer than you think. Plus in terms of commitment, I would definitely consider 30-40 hours trimming plants by yourself as a substantial investment of time. Not to mention the over sight required to make sure your operation goes as planed because you don't want to have any unwelcome pests or disease affect your plants. Good luck out there, just make sure you think it through and DO NOT BREAK ANY LAWS by selling to people WITHOUT a card!!! FYI: if you get convicted selling drugs they could take your financial aid away (if you applied for it), and that could be very bad.

Introduce yourself, read around, read the main page then ask questions. "Making Money" as you state it is against the act, and you best have say 3gs to invest so you can wait a year to get it back, maybe. But first read.

Actually, "Making Money" is not against the act. It says specifically that a CG may be compensated for costs, and ask any accountant, even the IRS, labor is a "cost", and a CG can charge as much as their patients are willing to pay. We live in a capitalist society, so as long as you stay legal, and you are NOT screwing people over, it is ok to make a little spending cash.

Also, where I will agree getting rich off it is against the intent of the act, it really isn't addressed. No where does it say, you can't make more than $x a year, it isn't addressed, so you can make as much as your patients are willing to pay you for it. If you are too expensive, they will go elsewhere, and there are plenty of CG's out there to take them. There are very few CG's that do this purely out of the kindness of their heart, and the CG is at 3-4 times the risk of incarceration than the patient is.

Hey please jump on the grow money trees wagon , Ill be more than happy to purchase your leftover equpment when your done ..

Growing is easy yet its not easy to grow productively . One minor problem is all it takes to ruin a crop and waste hundreds of dollars .

I would not advise caregiving as a means for profit . Its a cut throat Industry there and many are bleeding as a result . It will only become a more competitive field with many feeling anemia in the end ..

As stated do you have thousands to invest and the skill to master this . Will you be another looking for the next victim to pay for your setup and skill levels, good or bad ?

The right direction is one made with thought and research , its not some pipe dream of money and smoke , thats for sure .. OD

OD, you are right on there. First, if you have never grown before, it is extremely irresponsible to grab up 5 patients and then not be able to deliver.

However, it is a lot more expensive than you think, and takes tons of room. To flower out 34 plants (figure 5 patients) in a perpetual grow, have 6-8 mothers, and a dozen or so plants between clone and veg state, is a lot more than a part time job, yet pays about the same. And you need at least 2 enclosures if not 3 to do this in. I am in a perpetual grow now with 8 plants, and it takes the better part of a 7x9 room, just for flower, and I have a large closet for mothers/clones, and it is cramped way more than I want. I know people cram a lot more plants into smaller spaces, but I would rather harvest 1 big plant a week, than 3 small ones, and giving them room to grow I can hit 5+ oz off a plant which works great for 3 pt's. But I can't even imagine the space 30+ plants would take. When I started, 2 oz off 1 plant was good.

Overall this is about the patients first, and making promises that you aren't positive you can deliver on (from experience) is rude, irresponsible, and can have very harmful effects to patients.

If you think, "this is a weed, it will grow without care", your wrong. You can grow ditch weed by throwing it in dirt and coming back 8 weeks later, but it isn't going to be the quality stuff patients need. To get medicinal quality meds, you really have to put a lot of time, effort, and money into it.

Now having said all of that, if you really are a caring person, being a CG is awesome, and the rewards are well more than the money you can make. Seeing someone who has been in pain for years, get some relief and smile, giving them the ability to enjoy life a little more is just amazing. Don't jump in this to become a "legal drug dealer". Expect to actually care about the patients you help, and be willing to go the extra mile for them just because you can.

Cedar

Archived