Dearborn Michigan New City Code Passed

noncam

Dearborn Michigan just passed an amendment to the City Code for growers.

It states that they will have a yearly inspection of growers to differentiate between legal and illegal growing operations. Of course fees will be applied.

Are they able to do this legally? I mean since the state is already regulating the growers?

i have to believe something like this is intended to be for a business grower/co op type set.

considering a Pt, that grows his own meds, is protected under HIPPA Privacy laws, then they for one, can not find out WHO is a Pt/Grower, without that person Volenteering that information, or they Illegally obtaining it, since it IS Hippa Protected information. they can not get it without a judges signature, and NO STATE OF MICHIGAN Judge will EVER sign a Warrent for securing and seeking Hippas Federally protected Law. would need to be a federal judge, and he would need some Evidence of a crime, not a grow, first.

2ndly. as a Business, you have to register with the state/township ect.....

ie public records, they can draw upon to enact their money grabbing tactic on those unwhitting business start ups.

Sounds better than having LEO smash down your door to discover whether or not you are legal. At least they're trying to work with the law and not trying to shut the grows down. LEO won't be able to claim that they didn't know it was a medicinal grow. I personally wouldn't mind a city safety inspection to make sure there are no fire or other safety hazards, . . . IF I could be sure they were really interested in safety and not just scouting their next hunt.

If the inspectors aren't registered PT's or CG's, they would have to illegally enter your grow room to check it out. The law states that it is only accessible by "A registered caregiver or registered patient". So either you have to take down your grow, or they have to be registered.

Either way, I wouldn't give up my information unless I had to. Give it 10 years, when we are like CA, and you dont' find an overzealous cop trying to make a name for himself by busting up a patient, then I would be a lot more open. Until then, they will wait till you harvest, and then bust you for being 1 oz over after a harvest because you haven't had a chance to weigh it yet.

Anyway, keep it secret, keep it safe...

I believe this would file under a consent law. Unless the code specifically states "Patients or Caregivers growing bla bla would have to register with the City of Dearborn in order to grow within city limits. Anyone failing to due so is in violation of city ordnance" which would immediately mean any legal grows within Dearborn are now illegal to Dearborn.

They cant know whos growing. They could bend the law and use probable cause if they witnessed you carrying grow supplies into a residence that was residing in Dearborn. In which case, anyone is illegal in dearborn. I don't live there, and feel sorry for those who do, but I've heard many horror stories. That is why Dearborn was first on my list of Unfriendly, Non-Green cities topic in the Legal section.

Dearborn is a lost cause, and if youre a patient or CG in Dearborn, get out asap. Simple as that. I already have friends who've played the dodge the bullet scheme. Cops get real unfriendly, real quick, which means you have to pick up and go, real quick. It sucks but sometimes thats the hand life deals you.

This is against the law the way its written only the caregiver is suppose to have access to the plants and forcing inspections is also against the law no way id let them know my location because their next step is to wait for you to drive away from your home to pull you over and draw your blood to test for cannabis like they did to another unfortunate member here. :notfair:

I'm not saying comply to this law, or even saying its legal for them to do it. All I'm saying is, Dearborn is a lost cause, and good luck to those having to wade through the fiery sea of medical marijuana politics in Dearborn :P

I'm not trying to be defensive, just clarifying my stance.

Archived