The Rally Has It's Detractors

Is a protest the best way to demonstrate?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should the next event be

• A Tar and Feathering
    • A Protest Rally
    • A Meet and Greet
    • A Picnic
    • A Concert or Show
    • A Town Hall
    • Other (describe in your comments)

I think we should have an information rally. And in a few locations. Maybe 3 or 4, in key places of the state. Perhaps with speakers including a doctor, a lawyer, current or ex law enforcement, and a patient or two from every generation in each location if possible, willing to tell their story. Someone close to a patient, that has witnessed what cannabis can do. Make them winning stories, stories of renewed vigor-for-life through cannabis, etc.... Raid stories and CPS stories are needed, believe me I know. However, if the public doesn't realize that the raids and beatings and such are happening to grandparents and children and mothers and the ill, then I think they are just assuming those being raided and arrested are in the wrong, just the way opponents want it. So when we scream our profanity's from the steps, the parents are saying to their children "look Namelesschild, pot makes you rude and desperate." Desperate sometimes? maybe. Rude? Rarely.

My 35 year old cousin died from colon cancer Sunday night. RIP cuz. He was 35. Matt, despite several attempts to ease the hurting the last year or so, Matt was raised that drugs were, bad....and pot was drugs.

Fri, Sat, and Sunday Barbi and Jenny and I will be in Grand Rapids for the funeral and other meetings. I would love to meet any of you in the area that have an interest in networking, cannabis-information distribution, etc. I will also have some local meds and literature, and plan on visiting some shops. Let me know if you want to hang...

I tried to stay away for my own health's sake, but I can't. You all mean to much to my now, and my darn blackberry has so many alerts that if one of you has a doctor's apt my phone flashing...lol. The truth be told, we need you guys. I have been served literally 4 search warrants now, the most recent on the MDCH for all of my records and those of my patients. They have them all, to our dismay and those of my patients rights and privacy.

God Bless,

Rich

onguard.gif

Please PM me and accept my deepest condolences. My association would be happy to make a donation or help in any way we can.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thequietone

I think we should have an information rally. And in a few locations. Maybe 3 or 4, in key places of the state. Perhaps with speakers including a doctor, a lawyer, current or ex law enforcement, and a patient or two from every generation in each location if possible, willing to tell their story. Someone close to a patient, that has witnessed what cannabis can do. Make them winning stories, stories of renewed vigor-for-life through cannabis, etc.... Raid stories and CPS stories are needed, believe me I know. However, if the public doesn't realize that the raids and beatings and such are happening to grandparents and children and mothers and the ill, then I think they are just assuming those being raided and arrested are in the wrong, just the way opponents want it. So when we scream our profanity's from the steps, the parents are saying to their children "look Namelesschild, pot makes you rude and desperate." Desperate sometimes? maybe. Rude? Rarely.

My 35 year old cousin died from colon cancer Sunday night. RIP cuz. He was 35. Matt, despite several attempts to ease the hurting the last year or so, Matt was raised that drugs were, bad....and pot was drugs.

Fri, Sat, and Sunday Barbi and Jenny and I will be in Grand Rapids for the funeral and other meetings. I would love to meet any of you in the area that have an interest in networking, cannabis-information distribution, etc. I will also have some local meds and literature, and plan on visiting some shops. Let me know if you want to hang...

I tried to stay away for my own health's sake, but I can't. You all mean to much to my now, and my darn blackberry has so many alerts that if one of you has a doctor's apt my phone flashing...lol. The truth be told, we need you guys. I have been served literally 4 search warrants now, the most recent on the MDCH for all of my records and those of my patients. They have them all, to our dismay and those of my patients rights and privacy.

God Bless,

Rich

onguard.gif

My condolences on the passing of you cousin Rich.

Thank you. I am glad I was able to make a positive difference in a life. I did what I did because I do care, and the last thing I would want to do is hurt our cause or flaunt something in someones face. I certainly didn't do it to be a "poser" or cause others discomfort. If I did, I sincerely apologize. I did it because I have stood by many hospital beds crying while good people, friends, and relatives passed over into the next phase of energy.

I am a firm believer in Karma, having experienced it from both the good side and the bad. And I discovered that the good is the way to go. I believe in the First Amendment, and I may disagree with someone but I will fight for their right to disagree with me to my last breath.

And I believe that I am not alone in my intent. In time more and more will have the ability and chance to do what I do. I truly think that Michigans MM Patients and Caregivers can and will do things that will make us proud, and surpass other MM states in positive ways. Getting the costs down for truly quality medicine to a reasonable level and supplying the dying for free should be one of our top priorities.

And keeping the governments interference to a minimum is crucial beyond words.

Guest Happy Guy

Thank you. I am glad I was able to make a positive difference in a life. I did what I did because I do care, and the last thing I would want to do is hurt our cause or flaunt something in someones face. I certainly didn't do it to be a "poser" or cause others discomfort. If I did, I sincerely apologize. I did it because I have stood by many hospital beds crying while good people, friends, and relatives passed over into the next phase of energy.

I am a firm believer in Karma, having experienced it from both the good side and the bad. And I discovered that the good is the way to go. I believe in the First Amendment, and I may disagree with someone but I will fight for their right to disagree with me to my last breath.

And I believe that I am not alone in my intent. In time more and more will have the ability and chance to do what I do. I truly think that Michigans MM Patients and Caregivers can and will do things that will make us proud, and surpass other MM states in positive ways. Getting the costs down for truly quality medicine to a reasonable level and supplying the dying for free should be one of our top priorities.

And keeping the governments interference to a minimum is crucial beyond words.

I think it's great you helped those 7 patients. I think what BB was saying is you can find those 7 in a better setting than at the protest. You still would have gotten the great Karma and helped out just as much. I think BB's thinking was right on point. There is a time and a place for everything.

Not to brag, but I gave away 15 ounces in 7 gram containers, so I gave medicine to 60 people. And yes, to me the point is to come out of the shadows and into the light to show them that we are legal, there are more of us than they realize, and in fact WE outnumber THEM! The vote proved that.

Now is the time for people to show others their true colors and felings about medical marihuana and marihuana in general, so people will say " You use marihuana? What a surprise, I would have never guessed it. I guess my perception of the typical marihuana user was wrong, because you're no Tommy Chong movie character." Hiding will simply strengthen their belief that something is wrong with it.

And my suggestion for the poll would be local Meet and Greet Rallies in which we show people that marihuana users are everywhere, have been for more years than we can count, and are productive members of society just as much as non users. And in some cases medical marihuana helps us to be productive members. If we all did this on a local level we could strengthen our standing, our supporters, and our numbers.

You won't become a pariah; I thought as much before I "came out" and found it to be the exact opposite. My parents are in there 80s and they were full-blown "Reefer Madness" believers. Now, they and most of their friends see the truth. And if you knew my parents, you would know what a HUGE change in mind set that is LOL!!!!

Dear Sweet Compassionate Scooter, this issue is tearing at my heart because I met you at the rally and you were very kind to me, though I declined your offer and asked it be given to someone who's terminally ill. I understand your point about not hiding, and I also understand Bb's and others. Had no one said anything about your wonderful acts of Kindness, nobody else would know. It's only because of the risk you took, despite being legal, it was a risk, so I see the concerns, and even removed any comment I made about knowing what happened. These acts of Compassion are admirable, I'm just relieved nothing bad came of it. Those who were smoking, whether they were legal or not, are the ones who should be scolded. Our community appreciates kindness, we also know that so many outside of it do not understand or care, and would twist the whole situation to further damage our image and credibility. I wish I had half your courage. Honestly I do wish you could've done it at the Loft in the med room, and I have an idea how you could've done it, although you didn't have the time to, but it'd have to have been set up ahead of time.

Now that this issue has come out in the forums, I think we should all be aware that it could hurt us in the future. I wish this hadn't been mentioned at all, it shouldn't have been. A man risked a lot to show Compassion. Some things shouldn't be mentioned on here, for the sake of our community's safety. I understand this issue from both sides and all I can say is I wish it hadn't been mentioned at all and kept within the community, not spilled out to the whole world. The good Karma you have may protect you, I sincerely hope so. May it protect us all.

For some reason, I felt safe at the rally and the Loft, like someone was watching over us; a guardian spirit, perhaps. I want to continue feeling that way, so I hope our security wasn't compromised. My heart is so deeply torn up by all this. I don't know what else to say, except, everyone please learn from this and use common sense about where you medicate. We have enough to worry about without adding more insult to injury.

Sincerely, Sb

Thank you, SB. I do remember you, and you were an honest and nice lady, I'm certain a sick person out there appreciated your choice of not accepting my transfer. And please, don't worry about me. I am very high profile. I am very well known about my outspoken thoughts regarding MM locally and otherwise. My greenhouse is in full public view on my property, and I'd wager every task force in the mitten knows of me, considering I put SSCENT through the grinder after what they did to me. I have cameras everywhere on my property for my protection, even in my vehicles, specifically because of dirty LEO.

I've helped so many in my community that were something to occur legally regarding the courts I would have a line of character supporters from families and patients I have helped a mile long, and they would have big trouble with a jury selection! I don't enter Federal territory, and I stay well below the laws limits. In truth my high profile helps to protect me.

If we all band together, that's when a high profile would protect us all as well. One voice can be silenced, but many voices become a roar that cannot be silenced. The vote shows we and our supporters outnumber those that are against us, and truth be told there are far more out there on our side than that! Stay Safe, and speak out only if you can.

And Blueberry, I was quite discreet. My goal was not to create a scene, and I didn't. I was able to help 60 sick people without causing a ruckus. This was far from my first rodeo, friend ;). My motto is, and always will be, "Stay Safe". I sign every letter with that motto.

What else can we say that hasn't already been said? This seems to be dragging on but I know how important it is so I keep coming back anyway. All I'm saying is I hope it can be resolved so we can feel safe at other events, so please, anyone who really needs to medicate, and you have to smoke it, please, can you find a discrete place to do it, if you're unable to get the same results from ingesting? If I were smoking it I would've found someplace to go and make sure I was able to relive any pain before an event. Good quality medicine will last at least a few hours, even when smoked. For ingesting, it seems to last longer. I know you felt safe there, that's good, but we can't take advantage of that either. We had a medicine room, no one strayed from it. It's no fun hiding and being paranoid, but remember, public consumption was not approved by the voters; please correct me if I'm wrong. They need to see we ARE following their wishes.

Sincerely, Sb

I would never put the cause in jeopardy. I have fought too long and too hard to do so. No offense, Blueberry, but I have been at this a long time; I have the legal expertise to exercise my legal rights without drawing unwanted attention. Had LEO seen me, I would have merely shown them my cards, my copy of the law, and all would have been well. The fact that no money passed hands would have further helped the situation.

I have met with innumerable DAs, PAs, Judges, and other court officials across the state who stated that if both parties involved in a transfer are legal to possess medical marihuana then it IS legal to transfer; the word transfer is in the definitions of the law itself. The Commander of the entire MSP sent out a memorandum last year to all MSP posts stating this. It was covered in a post on this site in October of last year. They did state that caregivers who are not patients can only transfer to their registered patients. This can easily be bypassed by transferring to a registered patient who can then transfer to another patient.

I am high profile; you are not ( even though you are an administrator of this site? Somewhat dichotomous, wouldn't you say?? ). That's fine; it's your business. But we are at a crossroads, and to stay hidden and/or low profile even while we are respecting and following the law will hurt our cause in the end. I stated in posts before the rally that I was bringing free medicine for the truly needy. Had a game plan been created, I would have been all for it. Helping people was my goal; proving a point or promoting a business model was not. And no, I never spoke of my Co-op to anyone down there. I even gave a homeless man at the rally $50 to get a room and some food and dry out for the evening. And I stated in my first post that the first amendment gives free speech to people and the right to speak as they see fit; I merely observed that if we want to be taken seriously we need to comport ourselves seriously.

I am perfectly content to stay in my neck of the woods and run my Association. I am able to help many patients and make a decent living as well without spending money, putting miles on my car, and going to other places in Michigan in hopes of educating and helping. But I know if we sit on our laurels the powers that be will strip us of our rights. THAT'S why I attend rallies, help patients and caregivers in the courts, and other such things when I can. And I don't wear a disguise or hide my identity while doing so. That is not the way to gain acceptance into common society. Showing them that we are normal, peaceful, law abiding citizens with real lives and contributions to society is the only way to gain their respect and acceptance. Anything else merely reinforces their belief that we are wrong.

I have something to say that I just discovered during Michael's show last night. The awning that I stood under barely had room, I think mayorshaggy37 and his camera was there, which was good; also there was a table and I think it was for the snyder petitions. It was nice and dry under there. I just found out that awning was supposed to be for US, especially for people in wheelchairs, though I don't think they'd a mind tired, sore, standing patient with things to carry sharing the space. I stood at the edge of the awning, my feet were soaked, my pants were soaked, I was trying hard to protect my things, there wasn't enough room because of ths table. Something is wrong with this picture and because of that I couldn't stay for the whole rally. I am deeply upset and didn't know that table wasn't supposed to be there, according to what someone said. OK I am VERY UPSET, very VERY UPSET. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even in the right place when things like that are allowed to happen, among other things.

And I have to say one other thing about the other situation and I hope no one takes offense: Compassionate deeds happen all the time. There are many people who do great deeds, they do them quietly, yet the people who need to know are very well aware of it, their actions speak for themselves.

Sb :(

SB, I just want to say I'm really glad you made it there. Sorry, as hell, I wasn't there to get to meet you and help out with your things. Kinda like Shiningswweetheart tried to do for you. Next time, heh ? As far as that table though were people signing the Petition ?

I'm asking because I do think this should be a priority for us also. We should push this to the front. Recall Snyder now. I think they dropped the ball on the Shuette Recall ....

...I couldn't get the show on last night, again ... my cable service is crap , here in Ftown

ditto on the fine print

Yes I wasn't able to attend the Great American Freeedom Rally, however from everything I've seen it was a rousing success. Nobody can take that away.

The same was not the case on the boards however. This is where most were anxiously awaiting for news of ? busses departing ? some signs that the wheels were in motion. Then the bogus ? post re: The Rally was Cancelled. Alongside we had our beloved Kingpinn begging for some recognition, maybe child like appearing to some. Its hard to show restraint when they are crowning you with thorns. I can understand cause I've been there. As well has Bob and Torey, Petoskey , Jan and friend. There have been few signs of progress short of the recent victory by Michael in Livingston. There doesn't seem to be enough at all. The people on the front lines are truly undergoing pressure and anxiety not that different from combat conditions. They will experience PTSD from this. Hell for that matter we all are to some extent. 70 years of prohibition ? Before there were Communism conspiracy trials, there was Refermadness . Just before the 'big one' WWII. Matter of fact it was about the same time ... when the people were asking for an end to 'the War' It ended and the same one responsible for ending it started another one on the Citizens of the USA. In particular the War on Drugs: RMNixon 1972. And there own new newly recycled military force the DEA.

Blueberry this is not in any way to detract from the Rally. Or from anyones efforts. You all should be proud of your accomplishments and I'm proud of you too and to be part of this 'organization' . You have made it quite difficult to wade through this to try and put into words my thoughts regarding how well things are going, with your leadership. Possibly you have had the luxury of not being imprisoned, or captured ? POW ? Most have never been subjected to this kind of abuse by a penal system. Especially when it is unlike anything that we have learned about previously . Unless possibl you were a male being sued for divorce in Michigan by a Lawyers X Wife.

I always thought this was about the patients. Compasion and Understanding are a new concept for too many too. Being able to express your opinion or even your politics as long as you make an attempt to understand others opinions. Michiganian Patients have been in uncharted territory and also being victimized by LEO, Judges, Dispensaries.... Show some Mercy please ...

This is a slippery vine to hang onto for a lifeline, sometimes.

I think the whole point about Scooter is it's not what he did but how he did it but I'm not gonna argue that point, it's being beaten to death already; but even if he's 100% right, there's enough who feel otherwise who'll stand in the way of recognizing and allowing it. Who was it that said the earth is round, and how many people ridiculed him, but one day someone else figured it out and eventually enough scientists declared it to be true. An act of Compassion should never be questioned. It's how the action is done that people are questioning. All I could think of at the time I knew about it was, it was a truly compassionate offer. Later on I thought, it's brave, bold, daring, radical, BUT still an act of Kindness. I'm sorry this discussion is happening at all. I wish it were just something known to those who needed to know, and I'm sorry to see any backlash from it. Our society could learn a lesson in Compassion, not just from Scooter, but from so many here who have done wonderful things. Those who need to know are eternally grateful; those who do the hard work and say nothing, those who work behind the scenes, those who stand in the spotlight, taking the heat and handling it victoriously, those who are often defeated but get back up again because they are so Passionate about their beliefs, those who give for the Joy of Giving, many ask for nothing in return, those who do ask for compensation are fair and kind and as generous as those who ask for nothing, they are all heroes to me. It's always sad to see a good deed get so scrutinized. Many times in my personal life and a few rare occasions in public, I've tried to help people, who then twisted my good intentions around, accused me of horrible things I'd never even consider, causing me deep anguish and sorrow. I was afraid to reach out, was too scared to go out, afraid to ask for help. I didn't ask for anything; if I did it was only what was fair and reasonable, but offered my talents, and they treated me like I did the most horrible thing in the world, (none of this is MM related but anyway), so I know how it feels. I wish this whole matter would just go away but since it won't, and good people will suffer, it makes me wonder what the heck I'm doing here. I see both sides of it and feel stuck in the middle. Now we have to deal with it and I hope we can come out of this in tact.

Sb :(

Bb hi thank you for explaining the whole situation. I am embarrassed for being unable to put the whole picture together. :blush: All I can think of is, I thought it's the large grows that the feds are griping about. Now I'm really confused.

Oh I wish this thread would be locked.

Sb

Archived