Patients :(

tooldini

I guess I am confused about free meds. When I became a patient I knew I had to pay for the marijuana. Why is it now so many new people think they should get it for free? This is crazy and really annoying. Why do they think it should be free? Were in the law does it say all patients shall receive free medication I must have missed this part. I have had to pay for all of mine and then I grew some of my own also. Please someone explain this to me.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to rant but I was responding to a patient in my area and after I told them what I was offering they said they were told they should not pay for it and actually a caregiver should pay the patient cause they make money from moving it thru dispensaries. This is just crazy talk and these people need to be set straight.

I explained to this person what I wanted to offer but was open to ideas. Then they reply saying basically they were told to never pay for it,, that caregivers make money off all there extras LOL I told them good luck and maybe they miss understood me. I will be giving any patients of mine plenty of freebies but don't think it makes sense to tell them right up front I will give them such a certain amount of OZ's monthly. What if something bad happens beyond your control and you do not have any meds. Then they would expect me to pay for there meds for months :( thats just crazy thinking but I can see some thinking this way since for some reason people think they deserve free meds.

I would only offer up free medicine if my patient were unable to pay at a specific time but good medicine at a fair price is as good as it gets id tell them to let whomever is feeding this BS to them about free meds all the time to grow for them if they do not like your way of caregiving. :mellow:

that makes sense King and I would do the same if the person did not have the money or only some I would have no problem giving them the meds. I explained to this person thru PM that many of the guys offer free and stuff will be very hard to get ahold of once you have gotten your first months free. I know of a lady that has gone thru 2 caregivers and I will be hers soon. These other 2 would not answer phones, usually had meds that were sub standard and frozen left overs LOL You get what you don't pay for :)

a sliding scale to what a patient can pay vs. need has worked for me, but has to be fair for both. DTE wants their money EVERY month. start-up cost a fortune. each relationship is different. at first EVERYONE had to pay. after a few full cycles if the caregiver is pulling 40oz. a month and the patients(5) only need 10 to 15, would you make them pay? I don't, but most still do. of course my patients are family/close friends and don't ever ask for more than they need. I haven't had to deal with patients reselling. I know plenty of other patients that LOVE my overages so their never lying around long, but thats more work too!

if the grow is only keeping up with the demand of your carded patients then the cash has to come from somewhere.

Thats a good idea Longhairbri I will consider that for sure. I just wanna cover my costs and maybe a little extra for my work and knowledge (little that I have). I don't think that will be much at first but I think totally free is rediculous for a patient to even think they should get that. I would of course have no problem giving patients what ever would be extras if they wanted it. just seems RUDE to think you should not have to pay anything. I have been paying for mine and don't expect anyone to give it to me free.

Marijuana, like blood and organs, is free. That is clear. Equally clear is that caregivers are allowed and probably should be reimbursed for two things- the actual cost of growing marijuana (lights/electricity/nutrients/security/space/etc) AND the cost of their labor. So if I am your caregiver and I tell you my 'uncle bob's magic lettuce' is $12 a gram, you should ask for a breakdown. I tell you it costs $8 a gram to grow and $4 a gram for me to grow it for a total of $12 a gram. I should also be able to produce records to show it cost me $800 bucks to grow 100 grams.

One thing that bothers me a bit about some of the pricing out there is that it is based on 'the market'. Marijuana isn't a cash crop under the MMMA. It is to be provided at cost, and that cost includes the labor it takes to grow it. You cannot 'sell' a schedule 1 narcotic, so the marijuana itself has no value. What caregivers do is provide a service, not a product. That service has expenses and labor costs. A provider that gives the best service, answers the phone and has medication for his patients, is worth more than one that does not come through. That is where caregivers, dry cleaners and physicians make their money. It is a service industry.

Dr. Bob

I explained to this person what I wanted to offer but was open to ideas. Then they reply saying basically they were told to never pay for it,, that caregivers make money off all there extras LOL I told them good luck and maybe they miss understood me. I will be giving any patients of mine plenty of freebies but don't think it makes sense to tell them right up front I will give them such a certain amount of OZ's monthly. What if something bad happens beyond your control and you do not have any meds. Then they would expect me to pay for there meds for months :( thats just crazy thinking but I can see some thinking this way since for some reason people think they deserve free meds.

evedentaly its not crazy talk! because i got several replys other than yours and now i have a caregiver and ialready received my qp!!!!!!! and i will get that every 2 months and then if i need extra i can opt n pay small fee for extras!!! so dunno who you learned ur bunny muffin from!!! but ur the 1 thats way off base homey!!!! GET YOUR IN AND OUT RIGHT BEFORE YOU TRY BEING A BIG TIMER

caregivers make back their cash they put in and then sum by supplying the patients that dont have caregivers i have been payin the whole time til now and i would never turn down my caregiver if he needs a donation hear n there to help out or pay for seeds or clones if i choose a certain kind that id like grown for me problems what so ever helpin out but whats point in going through trouble of gettin caregiver if i still have to pay same prices?? its legal for patient to patient transfers or delivery services or dispeneseries originally i didnt no all this til i sat for the last 2 days n read every single crook n crevis of mich laws

Any caregiver that would knowingly give a patient a qp is crazy and asking for trouble and they will get it along with the patient. So enjoy your QP while you can, make some tincture,oil,medibles or something to hide it.

evedentaly its not crazy talk! because i got several replys other than yours and now i have a caregiver and ialready received my qp!!!!!!! and i will get that every 2 months and then if i need extra i can opt n pay small fee for extras!!! so dunno who you learned ur bunny muffin from!!! but ur the 1 thats way off base homey!!!! GET YOUR IN AND OUT RIGHT BEFORE YOU TRY BEING A BIG TIMER

Well if your taking 4 ounces at a time from your caregiver your breaking the law your only allowed 2.5 ounces at any givin time so i might suggest you brush up on the law before your back here looking for legal advice. :mellow:

Easy fellas

Typical role playing by owners of

Ahem!

compassionate centers....errrrrm = dispensary owners

If i owned a dispensary

I would want as many fools as possible supplying me freebies LOL

Please keep us updated on how that works out for you.

I would vote for a Caregivers Union.

I believe we all (Most) have the same ideas on free meds. But non caregivers have this grand idea that extras just fly off and get their donations without store front, leg work, phone calls... (Risk???) There is a lot of work that goes into getting rid of extra meds to pay/compensate for the bills which patients expect everything free. I'm sure we all have patients that need more compassion than others.

I do have a position filled that pays nothing. But to have all 5 patients like that? Maybe someday I will be well enough off that I could cover all those costs and take 5 patients on like that. I love my rights to grow! I love what I do and will spread whatever I can as long as I can take care of my family in the process. Peace!

Thanks Dr bob I am trying but someone is going around telling patients it should be free cause caregivers make money other ways. I did not wanna do that and I don't need to make a ton of money just basically want my electric covered and some other costs with a tad left for my efforts :D

I think you did the right thing, both for yourself and for the Act. This sounds like criminal activity. Ranks right up there with presigned certs sold by non-physicians and dispensaries that sell meds before the ink is dry from their own free or nearly free certification clinics.

Dr. Bob

Guest Happy Guy

The reason some patients think they can get it for free is because of the idiots telling them they can. Even here on this board there are scammers that want a patient's grow rights so they can divert as much as they can to the lucrative recreational market. Sure, they call it compassion for the poor. Don't be fooled by their lines. It will turn into a dead end street in short order. A patient should look for a hard working legal caregiver that charges a far amount to recover their expenses. If they tell you it's free.... RUN! It's a bad joke and they are laughing at you.

Activities like diverting for recreational sales, presigned certs, no record clinics, etc exist because patients go to them. I am sick and tired of hearing folks just asking how much I charge, not what do I do to protect them. I am curious about something. If I offered my certifications, with all the built in protections, record keeping, court backup and follow up I currently do for X dollars, and a presigned, no records cert with no follow up or promise of court support for X minus $50, how many folks out there would go for the cheaper one?

Dr. Bob

Archived