Pollen?

Does anyone have any pollen from a known good strain I could get some of? Id like to pollenate a couple strains to get some good seeds.

pollen for the most part is only viable for a week or so unless frozen, then its still got a high chance of being sterile. I would invest in some regular seeds and search for a good male or two, also male selection is the most important factor of breeding, just chucking pollen on a female will not lead to good seeds, knowing your genetic makeups of the male plant, generation, how stable the line was to begin with as well as with the female plant. I would highly recommend doing the research on breeding before you dabble in this adventure, by the time you grow the seeds out and sample them you will have so much time invested if its a bad cross...

pollen for the most part is only viable for a week or so unless frozen, then its still got a high chance of being sterile. I would invest in some regular seeds and search for a good male or two, also male selection is the most important factor of breeding, just chucking pollen on a female will not lead to good seeds, knowing your genetic makeups of the male plant, generation, how stable the line was to begin with as well as with the female plant. I would highly recommend doing the research on breeding before you dabble in this adventure, by the time you grow the seeds out and sample them you will have so much time invested if its a bad cross...

I concur--100%

You need to know what you are looking for-- potency, yield, flavor, growth period/photoperiod etc... and choose a strain based on that to go with what you already have... or try to get some "Straight" seeds of that same strain and hope for a male (Best bet IMO-- since you will get mostly similar phenoms instead of a who-knows-what cross!)

I concur--100%

You need to know what you are looking for-- potency, yield, flavor, growth period/photoperiod etc... and choose a strain based on that to go with what you already have... or try to get some "Straight" seeds of that same strain and hope for a male (Best bet IMO-- since you will get mostly similar phenoms instead of a who-knows-what cross!)

I'm sorry

I guess I missed your intro

So should I just except you are a breeding guru?

"Phenoms" LOL

Anyways,

welcome to the MMMA

Not the MACC = Michigan Association of Capitalism Clubs

I'm sorry

I guess I missed your intro

So should I just except you are a breeding guru?

"Phenoms" LOL

Anyways,

welcome to the MMMA

Not the MACC = Michigan Association of Capitalism Clubs

Jeeze-- Nice Welcome... Is THIS how people should expect to be treated here?

You do not know me-- nor do I know you-- so why the rude, harsh judgmental reply?

Besides-- was I TALKING to YOU!? NO!!!

Been growing for almost 10 years.... Been helping others grow for 6... Been breeding for 3...

Guess I made the mistake of assuming that someone growing and crossbreeding would already know the basic language...

EXCUUSE ME!

And WTF is with the MACC comment?

Guest thequietone

Alright folks lets play nice. Beans that was an uncalled for post, I'm sure if you would of asked she would have been happy to tell a little about herself. You should apologize yo her. Lady Z sometimes it is best not to respond to these types of posts as it does no one any good. :watching:

Alright folks lets play nice. Beans that was an uncalled for post, I'm sure if you would of asked she would have been happy to tell a little about herself. You should apologize yo her. Lady Z sometimes it is best not to respond to these types of posts as it does no one any good. :watching:

I apologize to

I*M*Lady*Zandra user_popup.png

The snarky remarks tend to flow when I see people who are obviously not new with new nicknames

doing self promotion

My mistake, as my past issues sometimes target the wrong individuals

To OP 420 grower,

as soon as I get some decent pollen I will hit you uprolleyes.gif

Thanks for the advice everyone, I was asking for pollen from a good known male strain hopefully from a breeder that I can mix with my best strains. I have a big enough plant count to experiment a little. I'm not just a new grower with 12 trying to b a big breeder. Just experimenting... thanx again

Jeeze-- Nice Welcome... Is THIS how people should expect to be treated here?

You do not know me-- nor do I know you-- so why the rude, harsh judgmental reply?

Besides-- was I TALKING to YOU!? NO!!!

Been growing for almost 10 years.... Been helping others grow for 6... Been breeding for 3...

Guess I made the mistake of assuming that someone growing and crossbreeding would already know the basic language...

EXCUUSE ME!

And WTF is with the MACC comment?

at'a girl....

OK .. I'm glad to see the stuff dies.

My whole house is probably packed with pollen.

Water sterilizes pollen. Just spray the areas down that you think are infected and your troubles will be gone. Pollen can last way more than a week if it's kept dry and cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived